Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Tyskie deal in Lidl

• 24-07-2014 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

4 x 500ml bottles of this sweet sweet nectar for €5.

5.6% so definitely hits the spot.

HIC. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Score! Love this stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

omahaid wrote: »
    Score! Love this stuff!

I just happened to be passing Maynooth today so dropped into Lidl for a few bits for a salad for dinner (in this heat)

Couldn't believe my luck whence I seen this offer. I presume it's in all Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

:):):):) Lidl here I come tomorrow Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,615 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pardon ma ignorance.... but I take it this is beer?

Is it nice? (I'm guessing it is judging by the reactions)

I'm not a beer drinker usually, but have to get a few cans/bottles for a trip this weekend, and was going to post a thread asking for Lidl/Aldi recommendations.

I'm literally afraid of "Irish" beers (ie Heino/Bud etc), so a decent foreign beer recommendation would be much appreciated :)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Pardon ma ignorance.... but I take it this is beer?

Is it nice? (I'm guessing it is judging by the reactions)

I'm not a beer drinker usually, but have to get a few cans/bottles for a trip this weekend, and was going to post a thread asking for Lidl/Aldi recommendations.

I'm literally afraid of "Irish" beers (ie Heino/Bud etc), so a decent foreign beer recommendation would be much appreciated :)

Yeah its beer, open to correction, but I think the most popular beer in Poland.

I'd also swear that it's hangover proof, not sure, will report back in the morning for definite :D

• Advertisement

Yeah its beer, open to correction, but I think the most popular beer in Poland.

I'd also swear that it's hangover proof, not sure, will report back in the morning for definite :D

Sounds just like what I'm after :)

Although 5.6% while on a boat might be a bit dodgy....... :eek: Must remember not to guzzle too much of it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is a nice beer alright. I remember it came out here first and it was €2.89 a bottle! Some come down to €1.25:)

@ Heidi, you'll be grand, it's actually pretty mellow for being so strong.

Aim for (if you can handle your booze) 4-6 bottles. :D

In kinda immune to it though in fairness. (been drinking it 6 years or so)

Do a shaggy if the boat sinks. (say it wasn't you)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Do a shaggy if the boat sinks. (say it wasn't you)
    Oh, THAT Shaggy, I thought you meant something like this :D :

tumblr_ma79v4pZn81rybdj6o1_500.gif

€1.25/bottle is good for Tyskie. I think the lowest normal price is ~€1.89. The fact that it's decent too helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,782 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Probably my favourite beer will certainly be stocking up. Thanks op!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭chrisb1

1.89 in Lidl
    1.65 in Aldi

While i have seen four for five euros in Lidi i never seen the same deal in Aldi for it ever.

Bloody tatsy stuff though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

nice deal

chrisb1 wrote: »
    1.89 in Lidl
    1.65 in Aldi

While i have seen four for five euros in Lidi i never seen the same deal in Aldi for it ever.

Bloody tatsy stuff though

I would prefer Aldi over Lidl, but your right. Aldi never seem to do drinks promos.

Oh, and also. 5 x bottles last night. No sore head thus morning, 7am start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

When is this available until? I can't find it on the Lidl site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

probably til sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

fantastic beer !! its a bargain at circa 2E a bottle as it is. 5-6 will get most people warped anyways. Not bad for the hangover either.
    Bud, miller, heineken, carlsbery are piss water in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭Shred

Leave some for me! I'll be stocking up on this delish amber nectar this evening :P (<- that's me licking my lips). For some reason I thought it was starting Sunday, cheers (hic) op.

It's obviously nationwide, here's a snap from Athy Lidl, just popped in on passing to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

groom wrote: »
    When is this available until? I can't find it on the Lidl site.

I posted this in the Booze Deals thread back on Sunday or Monday, it's available from the 21st to the 27th. Not all stores have it signed (Westend store in Blanchardstown, for example), but they should scan correctly all the same.

Picked up 8 bottles - hope it's as nice as you all say :D

Cheers for the tip!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

picked up 20 bottles..drank it when in poland and it was tasty so looking forward to drinking it again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Went into the Lidl in Cobh all excited on my way to the cinema to stock up for the bbq tomorrow but it was labeled at €1.65 a bottle and no special offer signage in sight. There was two trolleys at the till so didn't want to query it or wait to see if they scanned correctly. Major anti climax. Think I'll go for the 12 bottles of peroni in SuperValu tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

There was plenty of stick in coolock @closing time last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Great beer, love it at this price. thanks OP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just been in LIDL in Clarehall. They have tonnes of Tyskie left. Tonight is sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Picked up 4 yesterday in Ranelagh (they had loads), picked up 4 today in Rathmines (there was 2 bottles left). So if you're in that area looking probably best to head to Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Markcheese

4 for a fiver ? Result ,
    I normally only get a couple for sat evening for a fiver and some small change ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Just picked up a box in Dundalk, hope it's as good as everybody says!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

madma wrote: »
    picked up 20 bottles..drank it when in poland and it was tasty so looking forward to drinking it again

Round 2 tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

madma wrote: »
    Round 2 tonight :D

Another 20 tonight? ;)

Advertisement