Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

aaronc182 wrote: »
    Reading words here like 'doomed,desperate and staring into the abyss' :D Tesco still have biggest market share in Ireland so someones still shopping there?

And when Dunnes and Aldi sold Fruit and Veg and xmas for 1c was that desperate??

And i dont see how Tescos getting taking for a ride if people spend these vouchers on phones credit as theres not much profit from these anyway.

They are far from doomed. LOL . You will notice its the same people using such words all over the forum. Also public opinion and boards opinion are worlds apart on nearly everything that goes on the country from elections, to choosing a shop to buy your spuds.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 66,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anyway, idle curiosity, when discount vouchers like this are used, is the VAT still payable by the store on the whole amount? And if it's not, how is it determined which E40 to levy the VAT on if there's a mixed bag of 23% items, 0% baby items etc etc?

It is, and duty if applicable too

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Has anyone used these to buy branded gift cards in Tesco?? I'm wanting something in Argos and could do with the extra 20% off!!!
    Might try today and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Has anyone used these to buy branded gift cards in Tesco?? I'm wanting something in Argos and could do with the extra 20% off!!!
    Might try today and see what they say.

I used it to get a tickmaster card, I didn't like going up to the till with just 2 ticketmaster €30 cards so got 1 and some groceries I needed and they accepted it no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mailburner wrote: »
    Only applies to 30 Dublin stores and 13 outside Dublin

what stores around the country?
    no mention of that

that great for the rest of the country isn't it?

really beginning to hate this crowd but still good for beer :D

supervalu no better, the prices they charge on certain things are way above
    anywhere else, it's borderline criminal

So not all Tesco stores are taking them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,789 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

seemed that way at the start

pretty sure all tescos take them now
    they do in galway anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

All superstores and extras take them, the expresses don't. not sure about metros actually but i assume they do.

As long as they say "save €?? when you spend €??" (or something to that effect) and are in date, any normal size store will take them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Tesco in New Ross advertise they take them - huge signage in store & leaflets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

All bar the Tesco Express stores. Initially it was very limited to just Dublin and a few outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone able to tell me if the Tescos on the Navan Rd. still accept these vouchers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

All Tesco except Express stores take them.
    Really useful for "25% off when you buy 6 bottles of wine" offer and then use the (Lidl or Aldi) €10 off €50 voucher :).
    Deffo able to use them for the wine offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone know if they now accept M&S vouchers?
    There's a €5 off €25 spend in today's IrishTimes

yciYxasl.jpg

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

My local Lidl closed for renovations recently and they were giving out vouchers at the tills in the days running up to the closure to encourage their customers to travel to neighbouring Lidls during the closure.

There are six '20% off €50 or more' vouchers in a strip, each valid for one week and valid in any ROI Lidl.

Tried to use the first in my local Tesco last week but they wouldn't accept it. An email to the very helpful Tesco Customer Service (in Scotland!) clarified that these %-off vouchers are indeed accepted in ALL (non-express) Tescos and they contacted my local branch to ensure they accept them in future.

Smooth sailing since then. And they're even better than previous vouchers as the more you spend, the more you save! So by the end of the month, I'll have stocked up on enough phone credit and booze to last me till Christmas!! :D

Anyway, I gather that Lidl are engaged in a programme of store renovations around the country at the moment so folks keep your ears to the wind and if you hear your local Lild is closing, be sure to pop in a few days in advance and get your hands on these vouchers!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Perhaps we could update this thread with details of where to get the money off vouchers- aside from text messages from Supervalu Celbridge- which Tesco are refusing to accept- there doesn't seem to be anything in the Lucan/Celbridge/Maynooth/Leixlip area at the moment.

I'm all in favour of targetted text message discounts (which have codes for inputting at the tills)- but when you're not able to use them elsewhere- perhaps its an additional 'loyalty' mechanism the branches are employing- to deliberately stop us from using them in Tesco?

Perhaps we could update this thread with details of where to get the money off vouchers- aside from text messages from Supervalu Celbridge- which Tesco are refusing to accept- there doesn't seem to be anything in the Lucan/Celbridge/Maynooth/Leixlip area at the moment.

I'm all in favour of targetted text message discounts (which have codes for inputting at the tills)- but when you're not able to use them elsewhere- perhaps its an additional 'loyalty' mechanism the branches are employing- to deliberately stop us from using them in Tesco?

Tesco's aim is to ultimately disrupt the other group's successful use of discounts to increase market share. You cannot blame them for that. So moving it onto mobiles that have to be scanned at the till is an appropriate response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Dunnes are coming to the online groceries deliveries market soon, as soon as October I believe.
    I wonder how they intend to prevent tesco.ie from accepting the promotions that go hand in hand with the lanch of a new service.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 66,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dunnes are coming to the online groceries deliveries market soon, as soon as October I believe.
    I wonder how they intend to prevent tesco.ie from accepting the promotions that go hand in hand with the lanch of a new service.

I doubt they care that much - costing competitors money can be quite beneficial. Aldi and Lidl almost certainly took that in to account during the coupongeddon earlier this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

About time.... Not sure who is head of marketing in Dunnes, but they sure don't deliver (pun intended)

Supervalu Lucan have mailshot the entire area with spend 50 Euro get a tenner off vouchers, valid until the end of the month- and valid in Tesco, under their competitor's vouchers scheme.

If you got mail crap in your door in the Lucan area yesterday/today- it probably has one of these vouchers in it somewhere......

Used one in Tesco Maynooth this afternoon, no issues encountered.

• Advertisement

Supervalu Lucan- make any purchase (at all) get a voucher for €10 off a €50 spend. Expiry date on the vouchers - 17th of August.

Just bought a pack of Mentos- and got my voucher- its any purchase at all- there is no minimum spend to get the voucher.

While you're there- they have the 18 tray of Coca-Cola @ €5 until Sunday (or whenever they run out of stock).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Supervalu Lucan - make any purchase (at all) get a voucher for €10 off a €50 spend.
    Why Lucan? Is there an Adli/Lidl/Tesco next to it?
    Anyone have luck in any other Supervalu?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Why Lucan? Is there an Adli/Lidl/Tesco next to it?
    Anyone have luck in any other Supervalu?

No supermarket really close by (you have a Tesco in Dodsboro or Aldi and Lidl in Fonthill)- however, it was the flagship store for Superquinn- and is now the largest Supervalu in Ireland- and its repeat customers, have probably been paying fewer and fewer visits........

I think the shopping centre there is seeing much lower footfall- the newsagent closed up shop a few months ago- and shops like Dunnes- are a ghost-town anytime you look in........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got one of these recently in Supervalu Finglas formally Superquinn, again it was a €10 off €50 purchase from the self service till, might be over that way tomorrow and will update if still available. I bought a couple of items for €4 in total so seems to be a no minimum purchase.

Sunday indo to have a voucher for spend 50 get a tenner off in ALDI in next Sunday's Paper.

Link to this here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Anyone know when the next dunnes stores valuclub mailing is due out? Dunnes are terrible at their mailings.

jjbrien wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next dunnes stores valuclub mailing is due out? Dunnes are terrible at their mailings.

Came a couple of days ago. Our one had a series of €22 off a minimum €125 shop vouchers! Not many people are going to be taking advantage of those vouchers. However the one way of using them is if you are with Tesco Mobile and you want to upgrade your phone or if you want to move to TM you could get €22 off a phone like the Moto G with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

kn wrote: »
    Came a couple of days ago. Our one had a series of €22 off a minimum €125 shop vouchers! Not many people are going to be taking advantage of those vouchers. However the one way of using them is if you are with Tesco Mobile and you want to upgrade your phone or if you want to move to TM you could get €22 off a phone like the Moto G with them.

That's a great idea!

Got €27.00 off a minimum €170.00! Don't think I have ever spent that much in a single shop.

Last time round it was €10.00 off a €80.00 shop, much more realistic.

That's a great idea!

Got €27.00 off a minimum €170.00! Don't think I have ever spent that much in a single shop.

Last time round it was €10.00 off a €80.00 shop, much more realistic.

I got €18 off a €60 spend and €10 off a €40 spend vouchers.
    Think Tesco are going to hate me- and I don't care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We got €12 off €60 and we wouldn't even spend that much in one shop but I'll grab some alcohol to get the saving.

Advertisement