Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

ted1 wrote: »
    Anyone care to guess what department of Tesco woodpecker works in

Well if he is working at head office maybe he should tell them half the reason people dont shop there anymore is because half of the offers are more expensive when you get to the checkout and then you have to wait while the checkout person goes and checks if the price is right.
    Its a chore and a hassle to shop there, none of that in Aldi and Lidl no guff same prices every week and in and out in a jeffy.
    Never once had a product that was a altogether price when i got to the till in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,789 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

none of that in Aldi and Lidl no guff same prices every week and in and out in a jeffy.

It's such a hassle free shop
    fire everything into the trolley, they fire everything at you as
    quick as you can pack em and you don't have to look at prices when
    you know you've not been robbed
    take the pain out of the whole process

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This promotion appears to have gone nationwide.
    It applies to Spend&Save coupons from Dunnes, Supervalu, Aldi & Lidl only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

snubbleste wrote: »
    This promotion appears to have gone nationwide.
    It applies to Spend&Save coupons from Dunnes, Supervalu, Aldi & Lidl only.
    Have you any link on that? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

Anyone know if this will work with their online home delivery system any time soon? Or is that as unlikely as it sounds.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    Have you any link on that? Cheers.
    No but professional leaflets appeared at customer service desks in the sticks today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

All this voucher crap does is confuse the hell out of the Tesco staff on the cash tills and slow up all the cash tills too.Why dont Tesco just drop down all their prices and compete that way instead of all this stupidity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

mailburner wrote: »
    Best post of this entire thread,says it all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

mailburner wrote: »

You do have to keep an eye on your receipt in Aldi, as an example I was shopping there one day, had about 20 items in total, mostly fruit and veg, half asleep, she says €57, I key in number for debit card, am walking out but thinking Hang on - that's a bit dear, I look at the receipt and I've been charged for 47 melons!! No hassle getting the money back, the manager even said she wasn't sure they had that many in stock that day, but just shows, check your receipt everywhere - not the only mistake I've had there either, just the maddest.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

jpb14 wrote: »
    All this voucher crap does is confuse the hell out of the Tesco staff on the cash tills and slow up all the cash tills too.Why dont Tesco just drop down all their prices and compete that way instead of all this stupidity.

I agree totally.

By the looks of it the boss may agree also.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568020/Tesco-chief-executive-Philip-Clarke-admits-firm-failed-customers-tough-times.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    You do have to keep an eye on your receipt in Aldi, as an example I was shopping there one day, had about 20 items in total, mostly fruit and veg, half asleep, she says €57, I key in number for debit card, am walking out but thinking Hang on - that's a bit dear, I look at the receipt and I've been charged for 47 melons!! No hassle getting the money back, the manager even said she wasn't sure they had that many in stock that day, but just shows, check your receipt everywhere - not the only mistake I've had there either, just the maddest.

But that's human error rather than pricing error. In Tesco, even if you use the self service tills, most of the items are mispriced
    I was once a cashier and keyed in 100 yogurts instead of 10, the customer was a prick and yelled at me that he would get me fired, I was in bits.

Can't be bothered going to Tesco. I follow the bargain alert thread but even that is not enough to make me go shop there

Someone mentioned Supervalu prices. I just completed an order online, 90% special offers and 10% regular items, and I compared them to Tesco prices, Supervalu was actually cheaper on all items. Was rather surprised as they have a reputation of being very expensive. I guess if you wanted to do a full shop there and needed to buy things outside the specials, they would be quite expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Well if he is working at head office maybe he should tell them half the reason people dont shop there anymore is because half of the offers are more expensive when you get to the checkout and then you have to wait while the checkout person goes and checks if the price is right.
    Its a chore and a hassle to shop there, none of that in Aldi and Lidl no guff same prices every week and in and out in a jeffy.
    Never once had a product that was a altogether price when i got to the till in either.
    Not entirely true. Was in aldi today and was overcharged, not for the first time either. 30% off sticker on product wasnt deducted at till. Can happen anywhere

Not entirely true. Was in aldi today and was overcharged, not for the first time either. 30% off sticker on product wasnt deducted at till. Can happen anywhere
    That's human error rather than a system error.

Back on topic, Tesco accepting other store coupons - how best to maximise this development?
    Will this lead to a trade in coupons? Before now they were linked to your card or name..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Nanazolie wrote: »
    In Tesco, even if you use the self service tills, most of the items are mispriced
    I wouldn't go that far that it's "most" items. It happens more though than in my experience of Aldi and Lidl, and they're a bugger for leaving the yellow labels on the shelves after the offer has actually expired. Failure to key in a reduction, or to put in too many multiple items are human, rather than a pricing, error though.

I'd assume that Dunnes et al are in the process of coming up with away that they can issue multiple copies of vouchers that their own systems can identify and restrict to one use only in their stores, but can't be identified in Tesco. That's what I'd be looking at if I were them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far that it's "most" items. It happens more though than in my experience of Aldi and Lidl, and they're a bugger for leaving the yellow labels on the shelves after the offer has actually expired. Failure to key in a reduction, or to put in too many multiple items are human, rather than a pricing, error though.

I'd assume that Dunnes et al are in the process of coming up with away that they can issue multiple copies of vouchers that their own systems can identify and restrict to one use only in their stores, but can't be identified in Tesco. That's what I'd be looking at if I were them anyway.

Another factor to be fair is the scale and range of products. Aldi and Lidl are great, dont get me wrong. But take away the hardware in the centre and you have a range as big as a Eurospar. Where as a large extra store is as big, if not bigger than a football pitch with more fridge and freezer space than Aldi/lidl entire stock . There are over 75000 products for sale by stresco. The margin for pricing error is larger. But could be way better .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Tesco extra Naas not taking these vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Macy0161 wrote: »

If I was them I'd issue a special valid only in tesco voucher in the monthly mailing to the value of 99% off. Just one month, for the lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

If I was them I'd issue a special valid only in tesco voucher in the monthly mailing to the value of 99% off. Just one month, for the lulz.

Ah ah, love the idea!

Went to Tesco this morning on my way to work to pick up some lunch. Left empty handed. At lunch time, went to Dunnes instead, got some lovely French bread from their new range, and more for less than the prices I had seen this morning in Tesco.

Wakey wakey, Tesco, people don't want to spend vouchers on dearer prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Is there any list of the stores outside of Dublin that are actually accepting these vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭patrickc

saw a sign in the Carlow one saying they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi,
    Got this list from Tesco today.

Store No. Store Name
    3695 ARDKEEN
    3559 ARTAINE
    3583 BAGGOT LOWER
    3510 BAGGOT UPPER
    6398 BALBRIGGAN EXTRA
    6272 BALLYBEG
    3566 BALLYBRACK
    3599 BALLYFERMOT
    3504 BALLYMUN
    3589 BLANCHARDSTOWN
    3548 BLOOMFIELDS
    3558 BRAY
    6454 CABRA
    3693 CARLOW SQUARE
    3644 CLAREHALL EXTRA
    3595 CLONDALKIN
    5297 CLONMEL SQUARE
    3523 CRUMLIN
    3584 DRUMCONDRA
    3677 DUNDRUM TOWN CENTRE
    3683 FINGLAS CLEARWATER
    3506 GREYSTONES
    3573 JERVIS ST
    3527 KILBARRACK
    3508 LISDUGGAN
    3543 LUCAN
    3572 MERRION
    3580 NAVAN
    3562 NUTGROVE
    5614 PARNELL ST
    3516 PHIBSBORO
    3507 POLEBERRY
    3596 PRUSSIA STREET
    3518 RATHFARNHAM
    3585 RATHMINES
    6510 RUSH
    3522 SANDYMOUNT
    3576 SANTRY
    3571 STILLORGAN
    3561 TALLAGHT
    6387 TEMPLE BAR METRO
    6800 TERENURE
    5741 TRAMORE
    6397 Portlaoise (Trial)
    6869 Gorey (Trial)
    5298 New Ross (Trial)
    5428 Wexford (Trial)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Invincible

kmb wrote: »
    Hi,
    Got this list from Tesco today.

Store No. Store Name
    3695 ARDKEEN
    3559 ARTAINE
    3583 BAGGOT LOWER
    3510 BAGGOT UPPER
    6398 BALBRIGGAN EXTRA
    6272 BALLYBEG
    3566 BALLYBRACK
    3599 BALLYFERMOT
    3504 BALLYMUN
    3589 BLANCHARDSTOWN
    3548 BLOOMFIELDS
    3558 BRAY
    6454 CABRA
    3693 CARLOW SQUARE
    3644 CLAREHALL EXTRA
    3595 CLONDALKIN
    5297 CLONMEL SQUARE
    3523 CRUMLIN
    3584 DRUMCONDRA
    3677 DUNDRUM TOWN CENTRE
    3683 FINGLAS CLEARWATER
    3506 GREYSTONES
    3573 JERVIS ST
    3527 KILBARRACK
    3508 LISDUGGAN
    3543 LUCAN
    3572 MERRION
    3580 NAVAN
    3562 NUTGROVE
    5614 PARNELL ST
    3516 PHIBSBORO
    3507 POLEBERRY
    3596 PRUSSIA STREET
    3518 RATHFARNHAM
    3585 RATHMINES
    6510 RUSH
    3522 SANDYMOUNT
    3576 SANTRY
    3571 STILLORGAN
    3561 TALLAGHT
    6387 TEMPLE BAR METRO
    6800 TERENURE
    5741 TRAMORE
    6397 Portlaoise (Trial)
    6869 Gorey (Trial)
    5298 New Ross (Trial)
    5428 Wexford (Trial)

So basically, all Dublin stores and F*ck the rest of the Country!

kmb wrote: »
    Hi, Got this list from Tesco today.
    That list is wrong.
    Galway & Ballinasloe are accepting the coupons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭ Celine Colossal Glycerin

That list is wrong.
    Galway & Ballinasloe are accepting the coupons.

Another PR battle successfully lost by Tesco

Does Supervalu/Dunnes send out Spend&Save coupons regularly? With every quarterly mailing? Trying to decide should I sign up for their loyalty scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Thank you for your patience in the matter.

My Business Support Team has confirmed that our store will be accepting these and this should be available in all Tesco stores within your area. These include competitor coupons from Dunnes, Superquinn, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please do contact this office again.cleardot.gif

Kind regards

Thats what they sent to me. I'm based in Galway

I already said that in post #54 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

Thank you for your email.

This is the email I got which included the store list when I enquired.
    (I did ring Mahon point c/s before the reply and they also said no)

I can confirm the Mahon Point Tesco store, isn't accepting the Supervalu competitor vouchers which you have, for which I apologise as I understand it may be inconvenient for you to shop elsewhere.

For your further information, I have attached a document which highlights all the Tesco store where the vouchers are accepted. I do hope this is helpful.

If you should need any other advise please let me know.

Kind regards

Tesco Ireland Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Does Supervalu/Dunnes send out Spend&Save coupons regularly? With every quarterly mailing? Trying to decide should I sign up for their loyalty scheme
    I dont know about Dunnes but Supervalu tend to send out coupons for coming events, e.g. Halloween, Valentines day, Christmas, usually of the form spend 70euro get 12 euro off. So yes well worth joining them for the likes of that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement