Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

amiable wrote: »
    toshiba DVD player

29.99 euro

where was this? Was it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

where was this? Was it today?
    Claremorris today :)

Plenty of bargains there actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-FM-Transmitter-Universal-Clearscan/dp/B002S8AFE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319226382&sr=8-1

Got one of these Belkin FM Transmitters for €3.40 in Tesco Maynooth this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tj2011

I also saw a Samsung 22inch Full HD LCD TV for 149.99 which is good value IMO
    Dont tell me that!!! Paid 219euro 2 weeks ago, but was well worth it.Great piece of kit as a TV with Mpeg4 and mpeg2 or as a PC monitor..

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Guinness 500ml cans- €1 in Tesco Galway. Only on single cans,the 4 pack was €7.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

blue-army wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-FM-Transmitter-Universal-Clearscan/dp/B002S8AFE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319226382&sr=8-1

Got one of these Belkin FM Transmitters for €3.40 in Tesco Maynooth this morning.

lucky bastard, i check there every day,, apart from today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

blue-army wrote: »

I was in there y'day but didn't see them, was there more there? Where abouts was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263368359a32fac6870518a2b5005aa02e9d7.jpg

29.99 euro

2 of these in Mahon point yesterday evening but priced €49.99. Still decent value seeing as it has an sd slot and supports a lot of formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mkie

Look for a sign with 'Bathing' on it - mens razors are directly underneath this. I was there yesterday - found the razor with that barcode but it scanned at 139.99 on the wall scanner and the same at the till - needless to say, I put it back

yea, same as that, went in yesterday, only 139.99 and 99.00, was the OP talking sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Del007 wrote: »
    I was in there y'day but didn't see them, was there more there? Where abouts was it?

wasn't actually on the shelf, but there was 2 loose on the shelf beside all the FM Transmitters. I just scanned one and got lucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 paulineo1

Hi, are you sure they were 29.99, scanned in mahon point for 49.99, have you the barcode to check its the same batch??

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Rugby World Cup 2011 reduced to €1.00 or less in Tralee today. Long sleeve t-shirts €1.00 (originally €29.00), scarves €1.00 (originally €9.50), socks 3 pack €1.00 (originally €9.50), hats €0.75 (originally €8.50).

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

magicEye wrote: »
    Rugby World Cup 2011 reduced to €1.00 or less in Tralee today..

is that for ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

thegift06 wrote: »
    is that for ps3?

Nope, clothes.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

mkie wrote: »
    yea, same as that, went in yesterday, only 139.99 and 99.00, was the OP talking sh1te?

No, I wasn't. They are back up to €139.99 in the carrick-on-shannon store now so i can only assume it was a misprice and for once i managed to nab one before they copped on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Nothing in Tesco Gorey tonight, only 1 euro big bars of Galaxy Cookie Crumble :D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Picked up an LG 32" (80 cm) TV in Tesco Balbriggin for 249 Euro. Its priced 299 But scanning at 249. They had about 5 left tonight and they are open 24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

There's been a number of Tesco threads, perhaps this is a good thread to add this to:

BA:

Tesco own brand 1 hour battery chargers with 4AA rechargeable batteries priced on shelf @ 2.80 in Tesco Sandymount, 2-3 left.

Worth mentioning:

I picked up a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries, and asked a staff member to have it price scanned since there was no shelf price for it, who then asked CS to check it, both began whispering 'its 81 cent, we should have them removed'... The staff member hurried away and I turned around to see her rummaging through the batteries section. I was then told by CS that the price was scanning incorrectly and they aren't allowed to sell it. I was a bit peeved, since if I had just scanned it as part of my shopping it would have gone through at 81 cent. So I asked to see the manager, who said that they have been having problems with the pricing system, the batteries are obviously worth a lot more than 81 cents, and they are 'very dear' otherwise... their store policy was to remove such items, fix the pricing errors and put them back on shelf. Fair enough.

I found this episode amusing when I compared it with a similar situation I had at a Best Buy in the US some years ago with a very different level of customer experience. The stores specials booklet had advertised a block of batteries at $5.99, at checkout it scanned at $9.99... when asked, the checkout person said oh wait this is last weeks special, sorry sir, it's our fault we left last week's flyers at the entrance, we'll be happy to give it to you for $5.99...

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

There's been a number of Tesco threads, perhaps this is a good thread to add this to:

BA:

Tesco own brand 1 hour battery chargers with 4AA rechargeable batteries priced on shelf @ 2.80 in Tesco Sandymount, 2-3 left.

Worth mentioning:

I picked up a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries, and asked a staff member to have it price scanned since there was no shelf price for it, who then asked CS to check it, both began whispering 'its 81 cent, we should have them removed'... The staff member hurried away and I turned around to see her rummaging through the batteries section. I was then told by CS that the price was scanning incorrectly and they aren't allowed to sell it. I was a bit peeved, since if I had just scanned it as part of my shopping it would have gone through at 81 cent. So I asked to see the manager, who said that they have been having problems with the pricing system, the batteries are obviously worth a lot more than 81 cents, and they are 'very dear' otherwise... their store policy was to remove such items, fix the pricing errors and put them back on shelf. Fair enough.

I found this episode amusing when I compared it with a similar situation I had at a Best Buy in the US some years ago with a very different level of customer experience. The stores specials booklet had advertised a block of batteries at $5.99, at checkout it scanned at $9.99... when asked, the checkout person said oh wait this is last weeks special, sorry sir, it's our fault we left last week's flyers at the entrance, we'll be happy to give it to you for $5.99...

In my opinion, I think they screwed you over. Could be a new policy to grab clearance items before the customers. If you could be bothered it might be worth phoning head office and telling them about it. If its legitimate, then no harm no foul. However if the manager is playing silly buggers then it would serve him/her right to be reported about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Worth mentioning:

I picked up a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries, and asked a staff member to have it price scanned since there was no shelf price for it, who then asked CS to check it, both began whispering 'its 81 cent, we should have them removed'...

can you remember which brand & size?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Not anything as good as the 47 cent batteries some people bought a few weeks back but I noticed that Tesco are selling 12 AA Duracell batteries for €3.25 both in store and online.

Online they are listed as "Half Price was €12.99 now €6.50" but in the price field they are at €3.25

IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭j4vier

cant see those batteries in particular on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I didnt hear of any pricing errors on batteries apart form the long standing Duracell ones, it depends on the batteries, if they are the older ones or the ones that came in on a clipd strip, do you have a description?

Would you have the barcode of the battery charger, really need one but €14 for the newer model is too much.

Sure, Duracell AAA's.
    can you remember which brand & size?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Picked up a bmx bike helmet for my son in Mahon on Sunday for €2.50, (to give to santy to go with his BMX bike) there were 2 or 3 still there today. Its £12 on the tesco.com site http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-5929.aspx Hopefully might be of benefit to someone:)

I don't have the barcode, it's the same battery charger that was on a BA earlier - Tesco greener living 1-hour fast charger - in a silver and green packaging, contains a car charger cable as well.

btw, those Duracell AAA batteries were in a blister pack, not the packaging siber posted above.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I didnt hear of any pricing errors on batteries apart form the long standing Duracell ones, it depends on the batteries, if they are the older ones or the ones that came in on a clipd strip, do you have a description?

Would you have the barcode of the battery charger, really need one but €14 for the newer model is too much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco still have a single fitted sheet in charcoal for €1.50 and egyptian cotton pillowcase for 56c

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

anyone know is the 25% off wine deal still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Whitehawk wrote: »
    anyone know is the 25% off wine deal still running?

That's finished now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

redalan wrote: »
    That's finished now.
    Ahh sadness!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement