Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

• 13-10-2011 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mod Note

So from here on in, unless your post is:

1) A bargain (e.g saw X was €5 in Athlone)

2) Update on the stock/price/location of a bargain (e.g. X was scanning at €10 in Galway, no X in Nenagh, still in Athlone behind the counter)

3) An alternative place to buy (e.g X is only €4 in Argos)

Then no posting, 1 week ban if your post does not meet above criteria. (PM me if you think there is a valid post type I have missed please)

These were spotted in Dun Laoghaire, but should be the same price everywhere.

3pk mini highlighters 13c
    mini clipboard (2" x 3") 13c
    A5 Sketchpad 25c
    Whiteboard (60cm x 40cm) €2
    Noticeboard (60x40) €2

Rain poncho 62c
    Wheelie bin numbers 62c
    Earplugs & eye mask 62c
    Roasting Trays €2

4gb Ipod Shuffle (old model) €24

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Spotted in Mahon on Tuesday evening but nearly all gone by Wednesday evening but worth looking in other stores.
    3 pack loctite superglue - €1
    A4 Leather effect zippable folder file thing- €1
    Tesco Value 3 man tent - €5
    Loads of Rolson stuff from 32c
    Tesco Finest A5 notebook - €1
    Ring binders (pink) - 50c
    20 Stabilo Point88 pens - €1
    Watercolour paints and sketchpad - €3.75
    Various other stationery reductions on pens etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

lindtee wrote: »
    Spotted in Mahon on Tuesday evening but nearly all gone by Wednesday evening but worth looking in other stores.

That doesn't sound too cheap TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,852 ✭✭✭dodzy

these were spotted in Dun Laoghaire, but should be the same price everywhere.

3pk mini highlighters 13c
    mini clipboard (2" x 3") 13c
    A5 Sketchpad 25c
    Whiteboard (60cm x 40cm) €2
    Noticeboard (60x40) €2

Rain poncho 62c
    Wheelie bin numbers 62c
    Earplugs & eye mask 62c
    Roasting Trays €2

4gb Ipod Shuffle (old model) €24
    3 pack loctite superglue - €1
    A4 Leather effect zippable folder file thing- €1
    Tesco Value 3 man tent - €5
    Loads of Rolson stuff from 32c
    Ring binders (pink) - 50c
    Watercolour paints and sketchpad - €3.75
    Various other stationery reductions on pens etc.

Jesus folks, this tesco "spot-the-bargain no matter how sh1te or unnecessary it is" is getting silly:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Speak for yourself, some of this is awful handy for me, I travel a lot with work and sometimes it would handy just to have a laptop sleeve with a few pieces of stationary in it, but most would be too big for a sleeve, thanks Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

and is that a good price for the shuffle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Bought four packs in balbriggan tonight. My daughter is bringing them into school to give to her mates tomorrow.

emot-slick.gif and thats my Post 1000emot-slick.gif

Bought four packs in balbriggan tonight. My daughter is bringing them into school to give to her mates tomorrow.

Love the dancing man!! :D

Might head over to tesco tomorrow and see if they have any superglue. Always handy to have a couple of tubes of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

PinkFly wrote: »
    and is that a good price for the shuffle?

£35-40 on ebay , and the new shuffles were there for €49 in tesco for the 2gb version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The post got a thanks from me purely for the dancing man :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

yeah they are ****e pens though, they are not ballpoint so they drag across the page,, waste of money found out the hard way :(

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    The post got a thanks from me purely for the dancing man :)

ah balls,, where was that dancing man 35 posts ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Package wrote: »
    yeah they are ****e pens though, they are not ballpoint so they drag across the page,, waste of money found out the hard way :(

They're not ****e pens they're for ruling, stenciling and writing on drawings basically, although my sisters writes with them you need a very light grasp.

TheDriver wrote: »
    That doesn't sound too cheap TBH

It was a very fancy type of notebook though!!:D Was €6.50. But they were all gone at the €1 in Mahon though.
    paddyp wrote: »
    They're not ****e pens they're for ruling, stenciling and writing on drawings basically, although my sisters writes with them you need a very light grasp.

I used them for college yesterday for writing notes and was the envy of all my classmates:cool: And my notes looked very pretty too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Beat this
    A large Chicago Town pizza
    A recently released DVD
    A tub of Ben and Jerrys ice cream
    And 6 bottles of Coors light
    All for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭bromley52

It was a very fancy type of notebook though!!:D Was €6.50. But they were all gone at the €1 in Mahon though.

I used them for college yesterday for writing notes and was the envy of all my classmates:cool: And my notes looked very pretty too!!

I hope your not a guy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Got these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pilot-FriXion-Erasable-Assorted-Colors/dp/B004P3RL2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318597381&sr=8-1 in tesco today, marked down from 7.70 to 1.25.

Really nice ones!!!!

really? where do you go to school? Africa? to be the envy of your classmates with those things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ronano

anyone confirm these are in the jervis tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I hated people like you at school, lining up all your colour pencils, ruler, rubber etc! biggrin.gif

SWOT!

Package wrote: »
    really? where do you go to school? Africa? to be the envy of your classmates with those things

I was being facetious. I guess my sense of humour doesn't come across well on the internet:(

• Advertisement

Forgot to add that certain clothing clearance lines were reduced to €1.25 when I was in Tesco (Mahon) today. Not very good stuff mind you. Mens- trousers, American dad tee-shirts, Jumpers. (most xxl plus or small) Womens- Shorts, take that teeshirts, beach cover up top type things, dresses. Might be a better selection in other Tesco stores. Had read about a similar sale on HUKD in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Was in Jervis today, very little of interest, €29.99 for a 4 portion George was about the only thing worth writing home about.
    Of course it doesnt help that half the stuff in the statioery area has no price, and the price checker is disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

wanted one of these for a while, €89 tesco carlow. £89 on amazon plus delivery charge :D. plus cheaper than the no dab docks.
    top shelf with the other audio goods.

oh link
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XDRDS12IP-iPhone-Speaker-Function/dp/B0046GDMBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318623944&sr=8-1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

6 foot by 4 foot Rolson Waterproof Tarpaulin Cover for 35 cents.

Bought a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

Tesco, carrick-on-shannon have these for €13.99.

They are £50 on amazon at the moment and half price in argos at €65.49.
    Picked one up for an Xmas pressie. . . . every little bargain helps lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Aquatouch-AT890-Electric-Trimmer/dp/B004XIBAT0

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

some baby bargains spotted in tesco artane this morning

buggy boards down to 15 from 60 something

snooze shade down to 6 from 24
    http://www.snoozeshade.com/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SnoozeShade-Blackout-Blind-Prams-Pushchairs/dp/B0039NQ3TW

tomy digital plus baby monitor TD350 marked 32 euros(might be lower no scanner in artane)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-Digital-Plus-Monitor-TD350/dp/B002NWJ1N0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Parker Fountain Pens in Tesco Gorey for €1
    Parker Jotter Blue Ballpoint Pens in Tesco Gorey for €1, ALL GONE!

I was in Tesco Gorey today and they were selling Parker Pens as listed above for €1.

I got the last Ballpoint left, and I got 5 Fountain pens. They scanned in as €9.99 but went to ask and I got them for €1 after I went and showed a member of Staff, which led to the three people in the vicinity of us talking taking thes remaining 9 fountain pens, but don't despair, I hid 2 of them just to the left of the scanner under all the ink cartridges for a fellow boardsie so get them quick boardsies!

Great deal! Very little else in Gorey. No T.v's etc....

Was in Tesco Mahon this morning to get the last (thankfully) free lego set from The Sun Newspaper. As I arrived they had just put out a stand with dressing gowns down to €1.25. It was cleared within seconds with a couple of people with 7 or 8 in their hands. Managed to get 2 but it was madness!! More clothing was added to the €1.25 section in the clothes area and I managed to pick up a few items including school shoes for my sons, tee-shirts and a couple of gunas!! I'd say over the next 8 days when the offer ends, they will probably add more items to the €1.25 clothing section from the other sale lines as there was very little there yesterday.

5 or 6 of the buggy boards left at the €15 in the baby section.

No televisions seemed to be reduced as per the other thread except a couple of Tecnika (or something) sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Tesco Old shopping centre Dundalk, managed to snag a few boxes of
    Birds Eye 4pk premium beef 1/4 pounders for 91c a throw.

BestBefore Jan 2012 (but it's frozen so doesn't really matter IMO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

chasm wrote: »
    Tesco, carrick-on-shannon have these for €13.99.

They are £50 on amazon at the momentand half price in argos at €65.49.
    Picked one up for an Xmas pressie. . . . every little bargain helps lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Aquatouch-AT890-Electric-Trimmer/dp/B004XIBAT0

Found the same make & model shaver on the shelf in tesco gorey today and was told that it was 139.99 !!! It was a Philips Aquatouch AT890 /20 and the barcode number was   8- 710103-543039. If any of you managed to buy one for 13.99 would you mind telling me what the barcode number on your box is please. A photo if possible would be fantastic if its the same.Thanks a mill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement