Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Airtricity Sign up Deal

• 20-11-2014 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

I just got a guy to the door about signing up to Airtricity for Electric/Gas

So offer was
    20% off electricity
    10% off gas
    €10 euro welcome bonus
    Free Energy Monitor

So that is the standard you would expect

Then

Free Climote control system and first year free
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Didn't take me too long to sign up for that.....I had joined those f**kers Electric Ireland last year at RDS because they said they would give free Climote system plus discounts and then after sign up they said it was one or the other

So happy to be going back to Airtricity

He said the offer was only available to sign up at the door but I doubt that to be honest....I didnt mind signing up with him to make a few quids

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ccull123

do you have a link for this?

edit: just read it properly now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

ccull123 wrote: »
    do you have a link for this?

Agreed these door types promise the world f you sign up with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Your current provider will often match other providers offers if u approach them. Electric Ireland matched a 15% discount being offered by another provider for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Your current provider will often match other providers offers if u approach them. Electric Ireland matched a 15% discount being offered by another provider for me.

Will they give a free Climote system and free energy monitor?

I doubt it, I rang them last year to complain because of the offer they made for the free climote, more or less told me no hope. There was a thread on the Electric Ireland forum as well on here......

Just posting on here as might be a good deal for people.....I think it is a great deal and signed up

duffman13 wrote: »
    Agreed these door types promise the world f you sign up with them!

Yeah but gave me all the paperwork etc so if signed up contract, he cannot back out of it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,131 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Yeah but gave me all the paperwork etc so if signed up contract, he cannot back out of it.....

You have 7 days to cancel

ted1 wrote: »
    You have 7 days to cancel

14 days

The Climote is only installed after the 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭beardo81

They have a similar offer on Bonkers.ie, free climote and €55 off first bill, think it could be electric and gas combined though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Bonkers seems to be finished. Is it a 1 yr contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭beardo81

brightkane wrote: »
    Bonkers seems to be finished. Is it a 1 yr contract?

Yeah, looking at it now, the free Climote offer seems to be gone, it was there a few days ago for sure.

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices/your-results/

€55 off first bill is still decent though and if you want a better Climote option, look into getting a Nest

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I hear door to door sellers lie

and you pay to get out of bad contract

you need to get kw hour price in writing and standing charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Electric Ireland are offering the nest but no talk of any discounts

Ok so got call today from Electric Ireland, so even thou I signed up in November last year they didn't process till 7th December so if I move I have to pay a 50 euro fee

Does anyone know if this free Climote will be on offer next year at start of year? or should I just pay the 50? I would really like the Climote as I will use it

With Electric Ireland and they want a 2 year contract with no discounts to gte Climote free and the Nest offer is only for new customers.

Advertisement