Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭huddlejonny

Vego wrote: »
    AnyOne been over charged or is it just me (second bill in to new term)

Yes, just checked my bill after upgrading to Variety pack and I have been overcharged €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Did you call them?

Yeah will when I get home from work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Getting cut off tomorrow I think. Genuinely surprised I never got a "please stay" call.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭jay1988

gimmick wrote: »
    Getting cut off tomorrow I think. Genuinely surprised I never got a "please stay" call.

Call there cancellation line and tell them you got a letter with 6 months half price On it, they'll give it to you they get commission for everyone the get back so they won't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

jay1988 wrote: »
    Call there cancellation line and tell them you got a letter with 6 months half price On it, they'll give it to you they get commission for everyone the get back so they won't care.

TBH, I'm not bothered. I never watch anything on it any more. Netflix is king now. Just surprised is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

TBH, I'm not bothered. I never watch anything on it any more. Netflix is king now. Just surprised is all.

I got the CPW offer in October and I noticed we are the same. Nobody watches tv in our house any more except for the odd soccer match and herself likes few things on Irish Saorview so Sky TV is total waste of money for me also as it's just never used anymore, my two teenagers prefer gaming and Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

I rang them on Tuesday and got movies, sport and HD half price for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cian8

wawaman wrote: »
    I rang them on Tuesday and got movies, sport and HD half price for 12 months

Details please!

Was told during the week by sky that they have to wait until after the cancellation period to give you an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

cian8 wrote: »
    Details please!

Rang them and told them I was thinking strongly about leaving. After a bit of pushing I was offered movies/sport half price for 6 months, I declined and the girl offered me it for 12 months. I then asked her was there any deals on hd, first offer was €10, turned it down and was offered €7.50 for 12 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

slightly off topic but Sky are coming this morning to install a new Sky+ HD box for me. Do they supply a HDMI cable to connect the box to the TV or do I need to get one.
    Thanks
    Kirk

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

slightly off topic but Sky are coming this morning to install a new Sky+ HD box for me. Do they supply a HDMI cable to connect the box to the TV or do I need to get one.
    Thanks
    Kirk
    They provide all

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Sorry to go off topic but iv been trying to ring Sky all morning to see if there's any offers on my account but cant get thru! I've tried the 0818 719819 and 5 other 0818 numbers that I got on a Google search but I get a man telling me "this service is unavailable"
    What number are you all getting thru on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sorry to go off topic but iv been trying to ring Sky all morning to see if there's any offers on my account but cant get thru! I've tried the 0818 719819 and 5 other 0818 numbers that I got on a Google search but I get a man telling me "this service is unavailable"
    What number are you all getting thru on?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Thanks a mil but cant get through on that either :( Maybe their phones are down , which would be odd but il have to wait until Monday and try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

anyone get a good deal on multi room, e10 a month so they can watch spongebob????

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭danny004

soundsham wrote: »
    Cancelled 2 months ago
    Not a peep from sky

Resigned at CPW let weekend & reconnecting tomorrow morning
    all channels and hd 50% off ,multi room €10 extra €55-50

Hopefully all goes to plan tomorrow
    And I'll be doing it all again in herselfs name in 12 months

Just called into CPW and guy told me that offer ended in mid November and that all they were doing now until probably after Christmas was a free samsung Galaxy tab like on the sky website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

danny004 wrote: »
    Just called into CPW and guy told me that offer ended in mid November and that all they were doing now until probably after Christmas was a free samsung Galaxy tab like on the sky website

I'm up and running since fri no bother
    I was told in Patrick's street cork the deal had been extended till the end of nov

Same rig-ma-roll next year no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

I got the deal yesterday in CPW Liffey Valley. €36 for variety pack + sports for 12 months is to good to pass on. The guy behind the counter initially thought the deal had ended but when I pushed he asked his manager and he confirmed it is still available.

I wasn't able to get muti-room for half price with the deal. Can anyone confirm if they managed to get a discount for mutil-room as new customer signing up through CPW with this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

franman wrote: »
    I got the deal yesterday in CPW Liffey Valley. €36 for variety pack + sports for 12 months is to good to pass on. The guy behind the counter initially thought the deal had ended but when I pushed he asked his manager and he confirmed it is still available.

I wasn't able to get muti-room for half price with the deal. Can anyone confirm if they managed to get a discount for mutil-room as new customer signing up through CPW with this deal.

No i had to pay full price for multi-room. Don't recall anyone on here getting half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi. Anyone know if the CPW SKY offer is still available this week? Rang my local shop on Sat and they said it ended on Sat but may be offered again next week. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,730 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bif wrote: »
    Hi. Anyone know if the CPW SKY offer is still available this week? Rang my local shop on Sat and they said it ended on Sat but may be offered again next week. Thanks.
    Have you read the few posts before yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭danny004

Thanks all I'll try another CPW tomorrow one thing has anyone managed to get HD at half price or is that the same as multi room

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Thanks all I'll try another CPW tomorrow one thing has anyone managed to get HD at half price or is that the same as multi room

HD is half price with the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

franman wrote: »
    HD is half price with the deal

Hd half price
    Payed €10 for multi room for 4 months then up to €15

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Currently on Sky variety pack with sports and movies half price which is just expired.
    Get call from Sky last Wednesday telling me to cancel my subscription as they cant give me any offers while a customer and that they will ring me back the following week with a great offer. Call was from person with southern accent,(Cork area I think)

Call sky on Friday last to cancel the whole package, guy with Dublin accent tries to talk me out of canceling saying that it is the best subscription package around. Tell him of the call I received the previous couple of days and tells me that this couldnt happen as Sky dont do these offers anymore and will not be calling anybody who cancels from now on. The best he could offer was variety with sports for €64 as I was such a valued customer for over 13 years.

Went ahead with the cancellation anyhow and am now waiting for Sky to call me back later this week.

If I dont get good offer will try the CPW one and see how I get on with that.

A girl rang me from Dublin call centre last week offering HD for 5e per week, I said I would think about it.

Got a phone call from a different girl yesterday, same call centre offering me HD for 7.50e a month. Told her I was offered it cheaper last week and she said it is a point of sale offer, the best she could do was 7.50e and that was it.

northknife wrote: »
    Currently on Sky variety pack with sports and movies half price which is just expired.
    Get call from Sky last Wednesday telling me to cancel my subscription as they cant give me any offers while a customer and that they will ring me back the following week with a great offer. Call was from person with southern accent,(Cork area I think)

Call sky on Friday last to cancel the whole package, guy with Dublin accent tries to talk me out of canceling saying that it is the best subscription package around. Tell him of the call I received the previous couple of days and tells me that this couldnt happen as Sky dont do these offers anymore and will not be calling anybody who cancels from now on. The best he could offer was variety with sports for €64 as I was such a valued customer for over 13 years.

Went ahead with the cancellation anyhow and am now waiting for Sky to call me back later this week.

If I dont get good offer will try the CPW one and see how I get on with that.

I cancelled recently and was told they cannot give a special offer until after the cancellation period. I don't think they have a clue what they are doing amongst the various departments, it depends on how lucky you get on the day I reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Vego wrote: »
    AnyOne been over charged or is it just me (second bill in to new term)

They charge x 2 months on first bill + €10 on signup at CPW you will end up with a credit on your 2nd bill

Seems there's a lot of scammers with too much spare time as CPW have changed their policy on the Tablets now, when I signed up they said just bring in the bill and we will give you the tablet, now they verify with sky and from when you bring in the bill and can collect the tablet takes a few days.... The guy in the store told me people were scamming them by signing up, obtaining a bill and then cancelling..... Seriously? For a €99 euro no name tablet... too much spare time it appears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

I just got a call there - every other call I've got I just say I don't want TV, this time I asked what he was offering, he said half price for a year on basic package - I said no, then I said I'd think about it, so he offered me next 2 months free, no contract, so I can cancel after Christmas if I want without having paid a penny :D Happy days :D

Advertisement