Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Opinions on Boucher Retail Park Belfast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

68 views and no replies, looks like no boardies have been there :confused:

No worries, will probably head up and check it out anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭admcfad

As always it all depends on what you are looking for, plenty of ladies fashion New Look, Evans, Dorothy Perkins, Matalan, River Island and a large Jean shop that I can't remember the name of.....Also a large Boots,T.K. Maxx and one of those pound shops. There is also a Laura Ashley home store. Call in if you are coming from the M1 as it is only 10 mins away. Just before you turn into Boucher crescent there is a Dunelm Mill (large homewares store)......hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭admcfad

P.S.

There is nothing there in the line of electrical stores, you will have to travel a bit further than that. Message me if you need more details.

admcfad wrote: »
    As always it all depends on what you are looking for, plenty of ladies fashion New Look, Evans, Dorothy Perkins, Matalan, River Island and a large Jean shop that I can't remember the name of.....Also a large Boots,T.K. Maxx and one of those pound shops. There is also a Laura Ashley home store. Call in if you are coming from the M1 as it is only 10 mins away. Just before you turn into Boucher crescent there is a Dunelm Mill (large homewares store)......hope that helps

Cheers admcfad, thanks for the info, much appreciated :D

OP here, I'm heading up from Dublin this Saturday, has anyone any more recommendations of good shops to visit in the Boucher Road area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

What are you after? Plenty of stuff around Boucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

There is a Maplins (random electricals), maybe 40%? cheaper than euro prices, big cycle shop. The fx rate ain't too favorable currently.

@ Zcott, I'm actually just the designated driver :) Bringing up my wife and her sister - they're mainly looking for Ladies clothes and some Christmas presents. Matalan is a BIG draw for them. I understand there is no Tescos/Sainsburys there. Might head to Banbridge Sainsbury's on the way back.

@Joe Doe, cheers mate, might take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

I haven't been to Boucher Road in over a year, but there was a Lakeland store worth visiting there. Lakeland sells kitchen stuff so probably not your cup of tea. But you'll win brownie points with your ladies.

Once you come back towards the M1/A1/Dublin Road at Junction 2, literally at the end of Boucher Road, go through the junction towards the Falls Road (yes, that Falls Road) and 200 yards on the rhs is Westwood centre with a decent Asda. And Sainsburys on Lisburn on

@ rosieirl, GREAT info, thanks for that. Lakeland sounds like its worth a visit and maybe Asda too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Check out the post on HUKD for the M and S £10 Dinner and wine. If you get it right you can have 2 for £18. M and S is next to Lakeland and Home Bargains. Home bargains are good for toys just now.

Cheer for the M&S tip Gerry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

livEwirE wrote: »
    Cheer for the M&S tip Gerry :)

live wire

Also a large Sportsworld store some good bargains at times .. would also recomend westwood centre with Asda & sainsbury ... Asda worth the visit just to see how much we are getting ripped off down south for same products :mad:

Cheers afro man, ASDA is definitely on the cards + might check out sportsworld too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Asda is indeed cheaper than Tesco/Sainsburys.
    But Lidl & Aldi^ are still hands down unbeatable.
    ^Aldi just announced 35,000 jobs with £600m UK wide imminent expansion.

Other significant ascending stops directly beside the motorway include:

Newry(Bypass): B&Q/Lidl/Dreamworld etc
    Lisburn(Sprucefield): Currys-PCWorld/M&S/JJB etc
    Belfast(Boucher): SportsDirect/Millets etc

Again, poor bureau FX rates 78.5% of £1 (today).
    +fuel would make savings this year negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

10 minutes from Boucher is Victoria Square, and it's a good spot for shops. Plus a huge underground car park.

Cheer Joe Doe and Zcott, GREAT info there thanks :)

OP here. Thanks again to all who offered advice and feedback. I drove up from Dublin on Saturday with my wife and her sister. We got to Boucher at 9.30am, just as well as by 11am the car park was packed! We visted Matalan, Sportworld, B&M, Poundland, TK Maxx, Boots, Dorothy Perkins etc. There were plenty of bargains to be had! Thanks to rosieirl's directions and afro man we did our grocery shopping in ASDA at the Westwood Centre. Overall it was a great day, we left for Dublin at 4pm with a huge amount of Christmas pressies and groceries! We will definitely go back to Boucher. Although next time we'll probably go into Sainsbury's in Sprucefield on the way back instead of ASDA. ASDA was great but I think I just prefer that better.

Thanks again to all and have a VERY happy Christmas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Your very welcome LivEwirE. This will probably start World War 3 but here goes. There is not really any advantage in going to Lidl in the North. Incidently there are no Aldi stores there. This is another plus for Lidl in that the prices are very similar and their conversion rate is also much fairer than other stores. UK stores get their Specials the week before us but in NI they will be the same. Biggest villain for conversion is M and S (I think), sometimes they just put a sticker over the sterling price and its not unusual for that to be double.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭wait4me

livEwirE wrote: »
    OP here. Thanks again to all who offered advice and feedback. I drove up from Dublin on Saturday with my wife and her sister. We got to Boucher at 9.30am, just as well as by 11am the car park was packed! We visted Matalan, Sportworld, B&M, Poundland, TK Maxx, Boots, Dorothy Perkins etc. There were plenty of bargains to be had! Thanks to rosieirl's directions and afro man we did our grocery shopping in ASDA at the Westwood Centre. Overall it was a great day, we left for Dublin at 4pm with a huge amount of Christmas pressies and groceries! We will definitely go back to Boucher. Although next time we'll probably go into Sainsbury's in Sprucefield on the way back instead of ASDA. ASDA was great but I think I just prefer that better.

Thanks again to all and have a VERY happy Christmas:D

Just seeing this now but useful for your next trip up north.
    There is a big Sainsburys just around the corner from ASDA (Westwood) in the Kennedy Centre on the Falls Road. Come out the way you went into ASDA. Go right, right again at the lights and about 200 meters down that road the Kennedy Centre is on the RHS. Sainsburys is right up at the end of it with an underground car park. Useful to combine ASDA and Sainsburys within minutes of one another.

• Advertisement

@ waitforme, good tip mate, will keep it in mind alright for a future trip cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 peanut27

The Kennedy Centre on the Falls Road is fantastic. Sainsburys, Poundshop, Home Bargains( great for bargains) Semi Chem( I got some great perfume deals in here) and some nice clothes shops. A great card shop cant remember the name where I got 10 birthday cards for a pound for my son to use for school friends. Also a food court upstairs with lots of seating and a good choice of food. Free car parking also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭montyrebel

the burger king is good and very quickly served, and the size of the poundland is amazing, couldnt believe some of the stuff you can get for a £!

Advertisement