Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just for curiosities sake.

• 20-03-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Just handed in an application, let's see how long it takes. Carlow based.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

reniwren wrote: »
    Just handed in an application, let's see how long it takes. Carlow based.

I'm from the Carlow area and it took 3 months for my pistol, 5 weeks for a rifle, 4 weeks for a rifle sub.

First time applications tend to take the longest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is Carlow not being processed in Portlaoise now? Don't know why that is popping into my head but i thought a lad i spoke to recently from Carlow said something along those lines.

Recently my own application for a straight forward sub took over 6 weeks. Second longest yet. My FO was on the ball however it sat for weeks waiting to be signed off on.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭reniwren

this will be my 3rd application, last one was a gas ram air rifle which ended up leaking so I got a hmr substitute, both the original application and the sub took about a month each, that was around July/August of last year, don't know about the whole portlaoise thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Cass wrote: »
    Is Carlow not being processed in Portlaoise now? Don't know why that is popping into my head but i thought a lad i spoke to recently from Carlow said something along those lines.

Recently my own application for a straight forward sub took over 6 weeks. Second longest yet. My FO was on the ball however it sat for weeks waiting to be signed off on.

My pistol was signed off in Kilkenny for some reason. But that was a couple of years ago. It could be different now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Maybe i have my wires crossed. I did get my second last sub signed of by someone in Mullingar. So didn't think it impossible.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

This could be interesting alright. I handed in a sub today, sxs shotgun for. 220 swift.
    I know it sounds a bit mad but the same super let me sub my old mossberg pump for a 6.5x55 18 months ago so let's see if he's changed his tune. He's always been very accommodating, if a bit slow in processing. Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

reniwren: Which make and model gas ram leaked on you dude?

Theoben emulator, unfortunate because it was a lovely rifle, have it back to the dealer for him to fix,I didn't want to bear the risk/cost, so got a new gun

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

Thats a shame dude, Theoben are normally bullet proof .. no pun intended, great rifle!

Grant letter arrived yesterday, so two and a half weeks it took really, not bad at all methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Hope mine goes through that quick. One has to say they have definitely got faster since this 3 year licencing me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Beretta man

Still waiting for mine ,subbed a double barrel for another double barrel now on my 4th week waiting..

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rugermk3

im waiting 3 months on my new rifle still haven't heard a thing on it, 2 months on my pistol so far, my first gun which was a shotgun <only> took 9 months haha , I hate all you people that got sorted in 6 weeks lol only joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Still waiting for mine ,subbed a double barrel for another double barrel now on my 4th week waiting..

Six weeks on a sub 308 for 308,picked up a stunning Sauer 202 this evening.Got a call from FO after first week to tell me all was ok.Still took 5 weeks longest yet normally 3-4 weeks shortest 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Robotack

BattleCorp wrote: »
    My pistol was signed off in Kilkenny for some reason. But that was a couple of years ago. It could be different now.

That's because a few years ago you lived in what was then the carlow / kilkenny division. The chief super who would have signed on your pistol (restricted I assume? ? I'm not a pistol guy) would have been based there...the divisions have since been reshuffled more in line witj geographical county boundaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

just picked up my new .17hmr today subed a .22 for it 2 weeks ago..was expecting it to be longer..but happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭duckman!!

Just got my new licence in the post today, it was a sub and took 10 days they even put the magic S on it for me:D
    The last 3 times I handed in the forms (2 subs and 1 new) all took less then 10 days.
    Galway based and happy!!!

Advertisement