Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon DREAM WORLD Chat/Help/FAQs Thread

• 14-04-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

This might be useful now that the Dream World is up and running, rather than blocking up the Black and White Thread with Dream World things.

First up a few common questions:

Q. How do a set up a Dream World Account?
    A. You need a copy of Pokémon Black or White, a DS with an internet connection and a computer to access the internet
    • You need to make an account at Pokémon.co.uk or .com. If you have played at a TCG event and have a POP ID you can log in with those details
    • Assuming you have set up the DS on Wi-fi. Go to Game Sync on the main menu of the game. After it connects you will get a daft code, enter this code to link your game to the Trainer Club account. See Picture for an idea of a code
    Untitled-6.jpg

Q. I played "Play to Befriend a Pokémon" and won X Eeveelution, where is it?
    A. Nintendo has not made these Pokémon downloadable yet, wait a little longer.

Q. How do I add neighbours?
    A. For the Japanese version both you and your friend needed to have a each other's Friend Codes and made a wi-fi activity (didn't have to be a trade with each other over wi-fi using GTS or Random Battle after an in-person trade worked too). Then your friend would show up in Dream World. Currently that is not working so far (and I lost all the neighbours I had in the Japanese DW after it reopened, grrr). I'm sure it will work after a while.

Q. Why can't I use the Dream World NOW?
    A. You can only use the Dream World for 1 hour per 24 hours. It's to relieve the stress on the servers. If after tucking in a Pokémon and you can't get in check the server level by clicking on Pokémon DW Usage Level
    DWUsageLevel.jpg

I'm sure there's a few more questions out there :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

I have a question...

When did this finally open?! Now we can start doin some real grinding with super abilities :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My game has been telling me for more than a day, that it needs a day to recharge... **** **** **** ASS BALLS ETC...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Q: how do I build a kick ass tower of icecream?
    A: There are 2 tried and trusted methods for getting a 60 inch multiscoop erection going on. Both start with a solid base of 3 small scoops, one in the middle, the other 2 either side of it:
    _*
    Next, drop a couple of scoops in as close to the left and right of the bowl as you can.
    Now, you can go for the monster scoop method - Click and hold on the stickiest icecream and let the ball get big. I mean really big. When it's as big as it's going to get, put it in the middle. This will gain you about 15-20 inches. Now put 2 small sticky scoops on top slightly offcentre (this takes a bit of messing around and practice) and you've got the base for another megascoop. Repeat till time runs out.
    Alternatively, after the three scoops just alternate between the 2 stickiest flavours building 2 slightly out-of-phase vertical towers of small scoops. It's tricky but you should easily clear 40 inches in the time.

Q: How do I find <insert missing pokemon> in the <clouds, sea, forest etc>?
    A: Count to 3. If nothing shakes, move on. Repeat till you find it. Watch the map on the left hand side and note the forks in the path so you can back-track if necessary. Don't wait any longer than 3 seconds and don't click "listen" or you'll piss time up the wall. Waiting 3 seconds is usually quicker than moving your cursor over the known shaky points, clicking and moving back to the movement keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

The evil Fennel has finally let me in! I got a female Lotad with Own Tempo.

How do you use the Watering Can? Or can you only water other peoples berries?

And what does becoming Dream Pals with someone actually do?

Watering can can't be used on just-planted berries, only ones that need watering. Works like watering berries in regular games. You can visit you Dream Pals houses and water theirs.

Not sure about the benefits of being Dream Pals other than that you can jump to their house, water their plants and nick stuff from their "sharing" shelves :) I had a Dream pal the first time I logged in, didn't recognise 'em and the name changed at least once while I was on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

watering your friends berries and swapping stuff gives you points, which add up to give you other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Banjo wrote: »
    Q: how do I build a kick ass tower of icecream?
    A: There are 2 tried and trusted methods for getting a 60 inch multiscoop erection going on. Both start with a solid base of 3 small scoops, one in the middle, the other 2 either side of it:
    _*
    Next, drop a couple of scoops in as close to the left and right of the bowl as you can.
    Now, you can go for the monster scoop method - Click and hold on the stickiest icecream and let the ball get big. I mean really big. When it's as big as it's going to get, put it in the middle. This will gain you about 15-20 inches. Now put 2 small sticky scoops on top slightly offcentre (this takes a bit of messing around and practice) and you've got the base for another megascoop. Repeat till time runs out.
    Alternatively, after the three scoops just alternate between the 2 stickiest flavours building 2 slightly out-of-phase vertical towers of small scoops. It's tricky but you should easily clear 40 inches in the time.
    I've a better one. Make a big scoop, put it down, make a medium scoop place it on top of the first scoop, QUICKY make a smaller scoop and place it onto the last scoop. If done correctly the second scoop will stop wobbling and you can continue doing this until you get over 130cm. It's easier with berries that give a quick scoop and at least one super sticky ice cream. Picture coming soon
    Banjo wrote: »
    Q: How do I find <insert missing pokemon> in the <clouds, sea, forest etc>?
    A: Count to 3. If nothing shakes, move on. Repeat till you find it. Watch the map on the left hand side and note the forks in the path so you can back-track if necessary. Don't wait any longer than 3 seconds and don't click "listen" or you'll piss time up the wall. Waiting 3 seconds is usually quicker than moving your cursor over the known shaky points, clicking and moving back to the movement keys.
    Easier still, keep clicking the arrows until you find a sparky spot, click it and gain the "bonus berry", the lost Pokémon is always no more than two screens away from the berry. Using this method it's possible to win this game in 10-15 seconds gaining loads of points and a bonus for getting the berry.

Tips for Wailord game:
    Once you have at least two Pokémon use them to hit the other one's party balls to built up the multiplier before breaking the balls with the correct Pokémon. Resist the urge to drop Piplup and Pikachu into the water as this nullifies the multiplier.

Tips for Sky Race:
    Memorise the course as it's the same every time. Collect as many of the boosts as you can avoid the Zaps and clouds. If you must hit one of them, hit the cloud as the Zaps nullify your speed boosts.

@Popzmaster: Dream World opened up at day earlier than advertised about three or four days ago.

Being Dream Pals increases the Dream Points you get from playing games. More Dream Points unlocks more areas, more areas and more points equals more Pokémon and items in the areas.

...and THAT is why no one calls me BanjoTheBatBoy!
    *bows and scrapes*

So the more Dream Pals you have, the better?

elekid wrote: »
    So the more Dream Pals you have, the better?
    Oh yeah. My English DW has 360 points and three friends so far.

Dream World friends are added by hitting Dream World Map and visiting the random island that pops up. Then hit Send Dream Friend Request or something like that.
    Still can't figure out how to find particular people in Dream World. If anyone finds Buzzthebatgirl from JPN, please add her (me). That file has all the available berries ready to swap onto your game.

Berries:
    berries1.jpg
    berries2.jpg
    berries.jpg

Oh and the Ice Cream tower should end up something like this, only 10 times better for you as my English Dream World was being horribly slow when I was trying to pile on the trash ice cream on the tower:
    IceCream-1.jpg

This is the fastest I've done Find the Lost Pokémon in, got lucky and choose a straight path, score from this was 50500:
    Find121.jpg

• Advertisement

You have to exchange Friend Codes using IR rather than the Pal Pad according to this. This is what it says:

To become Friends in the Pokémon Global Link, you need to launch Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection in Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version.

(1) When you launch Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection in Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version, your Friend Code will be issued in the Pal Pad.
    (2) Tap "IR," then "FRIEND CODE" on the C-Gear to exchange Friend Codes via an Infrared Connection.
    (3) When both of you have tucked in a Pokémon and have registered a Game Sync ID in the Pokémon Global Link, you can become Friends in the Pokémon Global Link.

Here is the view inside my Dream House last night, hehe:

155584.jpg

You have to exchange Friend Codes using IR rather than the Pal Pad according to this. This is what it says:

To become Friends in the Pokémon Global Link, you need to launch Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection in Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version.

(1) When you launch Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection in Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version, your Friend Code will be issued in the Pal Pad.
    (2) Tap "IR," then "FRIEND CODE" on the C-Gear to exchange Friend Codes via an Infrared Connection.
    (3) When both of you have tucked in a Pokémon and have registered a Game Sync ID in the Pokémon Global Link, you can become Friends in the Pokémon Global Link.
    Problem I've found is that makes you friends on the Global Link, but not in Dream World. For some reason Nintendo have decided to separate Global Link friends from Dream World Friends unlike the original when your GL pal was your DW pal, I'm :confused: why they did that

So it's easier to interact with total strangers than people you actually know? Crazy.

Do you have to wake up your Pokémon each time you leave the Dream World, or what are the consequences if you don't? I left my Wailord tucked in last night and it wouldn't let me explore the island of dreams tonight until I woke it up and moved the Pokémon I befriended off my friend board. I thought you could have multiple Pokémon on your friend board at any one time?

From what I've seen waking up your Pokemon prepares the GL to download Dream World items and Pokemon to your DS game. The DS game can't wake a sleeping Pokemon until the command has been given from Dream World. By not waking up your Pokemon when you have "made a wish" (I'm guessing here with this), the Dream World can't move onto the next section until the Sleeping Pokemon is woken and the Game Sycn reconnects with your DS game.

It is possible to have more than one Pokemon to send to the Entralink, but this only happens when they are Dream World event Pokemon (DW Arceus, Croagunk, Eeveelutions and password Pokemon).

Ah that explains it, thanks. So you can have multiple Pokémon in Entree Forest, but not on your friend board. I'll get my head around it all eventually.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Just wanted to add something on the whole ice cream thing - I get 120+ inches easily. :P Just use a pecha berry! You get five star stickiness and three star scoopability and BAM just make the biggest scoops possible. :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Just wanted to add something on the whole ice cream thing - I get 120+ inches easily. :P Just use a pecha berry! You get five star stickiness and three star scoopability and BAM just make the biggest scoops possible. :)
    Some people are just obsessed with those "extra inches"... :P

And big, sticky balls..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

How long do you have to wait until another island shows up in the dream map thing? And is the map thing the "Check Dream Pal Map"? Cause no islands show up for me there, so I'm wondering am I missing something :(

Might be your privacy settings.

Log into pokemon-gl.com, click Profile then Privacy Settings. If your privacy is set to "Nobody" click the Pokemon logo at the bottom of the privacy settings popup, change your Privacy settings on Pokémon.com to Everyone and hit Save.

• Advertisement

Might be your privacy settings.

Log into pokemon-gl.com, click Profile then Privacy Settings. If your privacy is set to "Nobody" click the Pokemon logo at the bottom of the privacy settings popup, change your Privacy settings on Pokémon.com to Everyone and hit Save.
    Except don't log in on a Tuesday, the whole site is down for maintenance all day (until 1am)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Woo, got to Windswept Sky today. :) I was really pissed off though, I found a Butterfree and found its friend really fast and then there was an error so I didnt get it. :(

I got a Staravia instead but hes kinda meh.

Dunno if anyone really wants it, but the Munna C-Gear skin is available from yesterday I think. The password is PGLDW34M

I think that stands for Pokemon Global Link Dream World 34 Munna. It'll be interesting if the other passwords follow the same style

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I wonder if you could unlock anything else by playing around with that password :P

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Odd. I took my Absol from the GL last night, woke him up, caught the Poochyena, and it's been 24 hours, so the site says I can go on. But now it says it needs to recharge on my DS before I can access it again.

Only noticing that it's 1am on Tuesday technically, but still, didn't think I'd get this error.

Linoud wrote: »
    Odd. I took my Absol from the GL last night, woke him up, caught the Poochyena, and it's been 24 hours, so the site says I can go on. But now it says it needs to recharge on my DS before I can access it again.

Only noticing that it's 1am on Tuesday technically, but still, didn't think I'd get this error.
    The DS will allow you to upload (and usually) download a Pokemon to the Game Sync once a day before midnight on your DS. The Global Link and Dream World servers however operate on a 24 hour lock out system, once you go in your next visit can only happen 24 hours later.

Hope that somewhat helps

Are females harder to find in the EU than in Japan? (Answers should only be relevant to the pokemon dream world, thanks!) I'm finding the vast majority of what I encounter are male regardless of how well I perform in whatever task the catchees set. On the japanese version I tended to get at least 1 female out of every trip to the dream world..

Looks like the Eevees will be downloadable from thursday/friday

The DS will allow you to upload (and usually) download a Pokemon to the Game Sync once a day before midnight on your DS. The Global Link and Dream World servers however operate on a 24 hour lock out system, once you go in your next visit can only happen 24 hours later.

Hope that somewhat helps

What about if I exit dreamworld at say 3pm, download my Pokemon at 3pm the next day, do I have to wait an extra 24 hours before I can upload again? Because that is what I did, just at 1/2am.

Generally no. One upload per day, with the download being whenever you want should be fine (eg upload at 1pm, download at 1:10pm or download a sleeping mon at 2:30am and upload a new one at 2:35am, but you can't upload, download and upload again because that's 2 uploads in a day).

HAving said that, I've sometimes had to wait for 30 mins-1hr on the japanese one after downloading without having uploaded a 'mon that day, and I never understood why because the error was in japanese. Might be server load-based. 1am our time is 10am in Tokyo and 8pm in New York... (actual times may vary if you look them up, I can't be arsed to open the Windows clock Time Zone tab :) )

I don't know if it ignores the maintenance period for timing purposes (ie if you uploaded at 1am on a Tuesday, server goes down at 7am, back up at 1am Wednesday and you just happen to download your mon at 1:05am and try to upload again at 1:10am, does it think it's > 24 hrs since you last uploaded?

• Advertisement

So, anyone manage to find anyone else off Boards.ie on Dreamworld? If you ever come across Linoud, feel free to add me. It'd be nice if we randomly got connected through sheer luck. I found an irish player earlier, named Garzyy, not sure if it's anyone here or not.

Advertisement