Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite comic book villian.....

• 17-07-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭

and why.....

With the comic book movie universes for both Marvel and DC up and running, I find myself thinking about my favourite heroes and villians... DC seem to have the best villian wrapped up (in my opinion), the insane Joker.

why is the Joker my favourite, heroes and villians are linked and as Batman is an incredible character, so his greatest foe is just as impressive. The Joker is insane, evil and one of the most interesting characters in the comic book universe. It also helps that Nicholson, Ledger and mark Hamill gave him life, an impressive resume.

355562.gif

I will give an honourable mention to Lucifer (Sandman), Magneto (X-Men) and Sanit of Killers (Preacher).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

IDW Current Starscream has been a lot of fun.
    From his attempted Coup of Megatron to his return.
    latest?cb=20080307122454

And his eventual job as President elect of Cybertron.
    KingStarscream.gif

And for the most part I have enjoyed Apocalypse in the X-Books. Always loved his idea that his role was to cut the chaff as to better prepare the world for advancement.

His Ultimate incarnation was a nice variation to the character.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'd have to think on it, but in very recent terms, the version of Sinister in the new secret wars is amazing, a real bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

That Joker gif is really annoying...

I have to say, I disagree with the assertion that DC's villains are so much better than Marvel's. DC certainly has some great villains but Marvel does too. DC also has some awful villains (as does Marvel).

As far as the thread goes, I've never really considered the Saint of Killers to be a villain. Among my favourites would be Dr. Doom, the Riddler, Reverse Flash, Kingpin and Malekiththe Accursed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Apocalypse or Mr. Sinister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Sir William Guthrie Gull in From Hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Thanos, Norman Osborn, Lex Luthor, Magneto, Dr. Doom and Red Skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've always been a fan of Dr. Doom , Could easily be a real life villian, A dictator in his own country with a savage sense of entitlement off him, I hate how he's been portrayed in the movies thus far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I've always been a fan of Dr. Doom , Could easily be a real life villian, A dictator in his own country with a savage sense of entitlement off him, I hate how he's been portrayed in the movies thus far

Yeah and that doesn't seem to be improved upon going by trailers for the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

I've always quite liked Conquest from Invincible. He's just a terrific bad guy.

rlGam1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Vayda wrote: »
    I've always quite liked Conquest from Invincible. He's just a terrific bad guy.

rlGam1.jpg

never heard of this guy.... I better google..

http://www.comicvine.com/conquest/4005-61561/

this opened a whole new world.!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

never heard of this guy.... I better google..

http://www.comicvine.com/conquest/4005-61561/

this opened a whole new world.!

Going to re-read the series over, got the newest one to get through.

So good.

Advertisement