Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance Asia >30 days

• 09-08-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am travelling to Turkey, Thailand, Vietnam and Asia for 5 weeks. I have health insurance with Laya. I'm looking for good + value travel insurance.

Getting bogged down with researching on-line--would appreciate any suggestions people may have.
    Thank you

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I used backpackertravelinsurance.ie €250 for 7 months (Worldwide incl USA)

It all depends on what you're going to be doing.. mine is a little more expensive as I went for Grade 2 activities

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cadiel

Dear Conor,
    Thank you for coming back so quickly :-)
    I'm travelling with a friend, and we're combining a guided tour with other trips/hotels stays.
    Might build up my confidence on this trip to do some solo back-packing next time :-)
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Check with Laya that your health insurance covers you for a trip longer than 30 days. It didn't in the past and I switched as a result.

Most standard annual travel policies have a limit of 30 days per trip but some will allow you to extend that. I know getcover do at the moment but there are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭eagerv

I have always used the AA.

Have always found them competitive and have been told they are good if you have to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

used blue insurance and pretty prompt at paying on a claim, as we had to cancel flights to america in june tdue to a health reason, and within two weeks the claim was paid, with no quibble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cadiel

Hi killbillvol2, eagery and Anne, thanks so much to you all for the new suggestions. Am going to follow up tomorrow, and will be back with an update :-)

Advertisement