Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unjust Red Card in After Hours

• 11-10-2014 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭

I'd like to contest a red card that I received in afterhours,yesterday evening, in the inheritance tax thread, which was deemed personal abuse. This was the sole statement made by me:

">Nox You know the old adage of arguing with an idiot? Keep it in mind"

Now that's a common, general phrase, basically advising the poster (nox001) that he was wasting his time arguing with a variety of posters, with some seriously odd views on the thread . Nox001 had a multitude of confrontational interactions, so it was determined that I was referencing a specific poster by what means exactly?

I personally think the moderator simply projected his own opinion of a poster, straight onto my post, due to the succession of the posts. It's a call he made too quickly, and one he got wrong, and therefore I feel it should be rescinded.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,744 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you discussed the infraction with the mod, as per the first step in the Dispute Resolution process?

When you have done this & if you cannot both resolve the matter, then come back here & a Rec CMod will review your appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Yes, I have indeed. The moderator doesn't see that there's an issue with his actions.

Thanks for confirming that. Can you please forward me a copy of your PM conversation so that I have all the relevant info to review your appeal.

daRobot - As you have not provided the information requested, I will ask that this appeal be marked as Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement