Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    dispute process with aliexpress is slow as sh*t, youll get nowhere for at least a week or so in my experience....

Yippie! It's actually been like 4 days and 22 hours since I ordered and I can't put in a dispute until 5 days have passed so I contacted the seller earlier today and have yet to get a reply about the order (surprise surprise)! Ordered on ebay for €88 delivered and an extendable pole as well. Feck it sure at least I know I'll get this and my money back for the other albeit eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

pedatron wrote: »
    Yippie! It's actually been like 4 days and 22 hours since I ordered and I can't put in a dispute until 5 days have passed so I contacted the seller earlier today and have yet to get a reply about the order (surprise surprise)! Ordered on ebay for €88 delivered and an extendable pole as well. Feck it sure at least I know I'll get this and my money back for the other albeit eventually!

Whilst it can be a day or so for an order to appear and trackable on http://www.17track.net/m/index_en.shtml

4-5 days seems to be excessive. Standard Banggood postage will take 3-4 weeks based on my past orders. If ordering from them change postage to Dutch option. It costs a few extra cents but is much faster (order arrive to me in approx 10 days). With Dutch option they courier (trackable China to Netherlands on 17 track) it is the then reshipped from Netherlands to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

I ordered the night of June 25th, took about 4 days to ship, and about another 3 before the tracking site of Singapore Post showed it as departed.
    The 2nd battery arrived this Monday and camera has gone to customs for a visit but havent heard from them yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Whilst it can be a day or so for an order to appear and trackable on http://www.17track.net/m/index_en.shtml

4-5 days seems to be excessive. Standard Banggood postage will take 3-4 weeks based on my past orders. If ordering from them change postage to Dutch option. It costs a few extra cents but is much faster (order arrive to me in approx 10 days). With Dutch option they courier (trackable China to Netherlands on 17 track) it is the then reshipped from Netherlands to Ireland.

Mine didn't appear for a week...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Thinking of getting one of these for cycling on AliExpress.

Just wondering what AliExpress users find is the best way to make payments.

Not too keen in using my own Credit Card....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

dfdream wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these for cycling on AliExpress.

Just wondering what AliExpress users find is the best way to make payments.

Not too keen in using my own Credit Card....

You could use o2 card or An Post FX etc..

$10 off when you spend $69 or more using their App on July 27th (Can use it three times)

They are safe enough, but most questions can probably be answered HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭PCDub

Ordered from foxoffer ands it's with customs since 21st. Hope they're basing the charge on the price paid and not looking up gopro prices.

PCDub wrote: »
    Ordered from foxoffer ands it's with customs since 21st. Hope they're basing the charge on the price paid and not looking up gopro prices.

Or they broke it.
    Or worse, consider it a "fake clone" and destroy it. :(:mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Allyall wrote: »
    Or they broke it.
    Or worse, consider it a "fake clone" and destroy it. :(:mad:

:eek:

Jaysis...here's hoping mine makes it in the next 2 weeks, wanted to have it for going away on holidays!

:eek:

Jaysis...here's hoping mine makes it in the next 2 weeks, wanted to have it for going away on holidays!

I've only ever heard of them doing that with phones and "Nike" Trainers (destroying them).

I may have been playing the pessimist a bit too much there :o. 2 weeks does seem very long for anything to be stuck in customs though.

• Advertisement

Mine is with customs since the 21st too, and I got a letter today asking for me to email them evidence if the price which was $88.88 for mine.
    I sent them screenshots of my AliExpress account showing the price, address + tracking number as there isnt a specific invoice document.

I got a mail back about 1 hour later telling me the charge would be based upon €65.07 working out to €15.07 of VAT @ 23% plus €6 handling for An Post, so €21.07 all in.

Expected delivery is now Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Gonna go out on a limb here and say the other one will be delivered and they won't give you the money back. You'll have two of them soon I bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Anyone else buy this on aliexpress? I ordered at the end of June but still no sign and the tracking number they sent isn't working on the china post website. Should I open a dispute and try to get my money back? Or has anyone ever not gotten a correct tracking number but received their goods?

Me too .... still waiting & very disappointed with the delay but it took them about 3 weeks to ship so I'll given them another week or two.

So in my case, €65 for camera plus €21 Vat & charges plus a coffee for the lad in the mailroom to give the money to postman (cos work policy is that he shouldnt) all adds up to about €88 and 5 weeks waiting.
    I wasnt under any time pressure but might have been more sensible going for UK seller after all

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Delighted with the product that I received during the week.

Having an issue when I try record video, the message "cluster size wrong please format". Tried to reformat the card a few times with no success. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Im ready to order one of these but wonder how you can be "delighted" with a camcorder that doesn't record ?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Tibulus wrote: »
    Delighted with the product that I received during the week.

Having an issue when I try record video, the message "cluster size wrong please format". Tried to reformat the card a few times with no success. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

Has anyone tried using Parcel Motel for this? I wonder would UK customs capture it then?

dfdream wrote: »
    Im ready to order one of these but wonder how you can be "delighted" with a camcorder that doesn't record ?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Was pretty clear that this was just a setting or similar. Turned out I just needed to try a different SD card.

Delighted refers to the overall design, robust build and good picture quality.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried using Parcel Motel for this? I wonder would UK customs capture it then?

I used parcle motel with no customs charges.

Can order for UK vendors for few extra pound and guaranteed faster delivery and not customs charges.

Mine has appeared on an-posts website and is saying it's out for delivery. Looking good! And provided it arrives today, it'll have been about a month since I ordered from the sellers in the OP.

I'll post up a first impressions post/vid later if I get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

How does the quality of this compare to the Mobius? I have the Mobius already and tis fantastic but this might be handy for the waterproof

How does the quality of this compare to the Mobius? I have the Mobius already and tis fantastic but this might be handy for the waterproof

Plenty of vids on youtube and the likes, the quality looks superb as far as I can see! Probably worth a punt seeing that it's quite cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I believe the S4000 and Mobius share similar components.
    Video quality should be similar.

Order has been frozen by aliexpress. Possible fake seller they are saying. Looking like i'll be getting a refund anyway. Not surprising really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Order has been frozen by aliexpress. Possible fake seller they are saying. Looking like i'll be getting a refund anyway. Not surprising really.

Can you pm a link to the seller? still waiting on mine...

Can you pm a link to the seller? still waiting on mine...

His page appears to have disappeared. I'll pm the link on anyway.

Who was the seller?
    Do you know if it was a fake product or fake seller?

I'm just curious, as Aliexpress announced around March that they were going to ban all counterfeit products..

Three strikes and they're out. They're trying to remove the "shoddy Chinese Products" reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

What's the best place to get it now? I see a huge red EXPIRED in the title :(

Simon_K wrote: »
    What's the best place to get it now? I see a huge red EXPIRED in the title :(

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Action-Camera-Diving-30Meter-Waterproof-Camera-1080P-Full-HD-SJ4000-Helmet-Camera-Underwater-Sport-Cameras-Sport/1912257850.html

I bought off this seller, they price is crazy high now, but they reduce it every week or so, to in and around 80 dollars. Let me check mine at home this evening and I'll let you know if everything is okay. But the seller was quick to communicate, the free delivery seems to have been relatively quick all considered.

But there are plenty of sellers on AliExpress, look for 100's of feedback scores and check them, and if the price is right then you should be good. $85~ is the price they are. Any that cost ~$60 are scam sellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Grand, thanks for the info!

Advertisement