Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Dempsey wrote: »
    Trying to offload players is different to players that are actually in demand. Also when they are reluctant to leave, they'll demand more in wages from potential suitors. Who's going to offer Drogba/Benayoun/Ferreira/Anelka a equal/better contract than the one he's on at Chelsea? Unless a club really wants the player and he doesnt feel like he's been forced out, you'll be stuck with those players for the length of their contract which is realistic. Contracts work both ways

I agree on this. I've often found it difficult to offload players on big contracts, particularly if they're gone past it

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

Mick McCarthy just got the Chelsea job, think its time to stop playing this game

try to play without patch...
    im playin since day one and didnt have any problems like this of free agents that r good players...
    playing with juventus, found a tactics that work in italy, play like barcelona but with rigid style... if anyone wants a proof or try to test my tactics away just pm me...

i won 14/15 with this tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Erper wrote: »
    try to play without patch...
    im playin since day one and didnt have any problems like this of free agents that r good players...
    playing with juventus, found a tactics that work in italy, play like barcelona but with rigid style... if anyone wants a proof or try to test my tactics away just pm me...

i won 14/15 with this tactics

Without the patches wont you have the problems with the Spanish Leagues and Suspensions?

I dont know about spaim but I kmow in italy there is no such a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone else think that morale is too sensitive in the game?

I've seen my team lose one or two matches and have their morale plummet and they end up playing very poorly for the rest of the season. I've had it happen in two seasons already. We start the season well, win a load of matches but then lose a couple of games and struggle for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Without the patches wont you have the problems with the Spanish Leagues and Suspensions?

What is the problem here? Have heard about this but couldn't find what the exact problem was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I've signed a few players (32,34,36) that agents offered to me on free's in the IPD, Offered their clubs €0 and got them, They may be old but they are far better than any LOI player at the moment.

Haven't had any trouble moving on players lot of League 2 teams are snapping up players i'm offloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone else think that morale is too sensitive in the game?

I've seen my team lose one or two matches and have their morale plummet and they end up playing very poorly for the rest of the season. I've had it happen in two seasons already. We start the season well, win a load of matches but then lose a couple of games and struggle for the rest of the season.

Yes i really do! It happened to me at the end of my first season, was running away with the league, lost a game and they all just got depressed or something! Then they could barely play!

dartsfan wrote: »
    What is the problem here? Have heard about this but couldn't find what the exact problem was.

Spanish players get a league suspension for accumulating 2 yellow cards rather than 5 was the main problem amongst a few other glitches.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yes i really do! It happened to me at the end of my first season, was running away with the league, lost a game and they all just got depressed or something! Then they could barely play!

I find that alot of people dont pay attention to squad blending, language barriers and whether a player still feels like an outsider. If they arent a close knit bunch then they will struggle to overcome poor form as a team.

The reactions from private chats can be completely OTT though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Playing as Man Utd in my first season......I picked up
    Roque Santa Cruz for 3.5 million in the pre season as back up for my main strikers.

Due to injuries he has played in nearly all my games so far and has banged in 14 goals in 21 starts:cool:

Bargain of the season so far!!! Viva Roque!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Spanish players get a league suspension for accumulating 2 yellow cards rather than 5 was the main problem amongst a few other glitches.

I find that alot of people dont pay attention to squad blending, language barriers and whether a player still feels like an outsider. If they arent a close knit bunch then they will struggle to overcome poor form as a team.

The reactions from private chats can be completely OTT though.

Yeah they really can.

"I want you to try cut inside when the opportunity arises"

"Won't help me game bass"

"Ah now it might, give it a go"

"How dare ya, ya ruined me career with that move ya f***, I quit football and life!! How do you like that!"

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

First season with St Pats. Board expectations were reasonable with a mid-table finish and decent cup runs wanted.

Pre season went really well, 5 wins from 5. Then the season started :mad: Out of my first 12 games, won 2, drew 3 and lost 7. Form generally improved but I was hanging around the relegation playoff zone for 2/3's of the season. The last round of games completely turned around the season completely. Went undefeated in the final round of games, including a 5-1 victory in Tallaght and other wins against title chasers Bohs and Galway (!) Finished 6th on 49 points with Bohs winning the league, 1 point clear of Galway and 2 clear of Rovers.

Cup runs were poor tbh, LC lost in the quarters 2-1 to Waterford and in the SC quarters 1-0 away to Rovers

Have signed Jake Kelly for next season and i've been given a new 2 year contract so here's hoping for 2011 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Yeah they really can.

"How dare ya, ya ruined me career with that move ya f***, I quit football and life!! How do you like that!"

Wayne Rooney came to me and told me he didn't like my team talks, i told him i didnt see a problem with them and now he requested a transfer and refuses to talk to me hahaha!

Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Yeah they really can.

Darren Fletcher gave me a similar response, said "has a poor opinion of you" on his profile, went away after a few days though

You can do clear the air talks a day later if you want to repair the relationship with the player

hi guys.. this is my tactic im using

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Just an addition to the above,

I've had a fantastic free agency. Have nearly had to build a completely new team as most players I offered contracts to last season rejected them and moved on. So far i've signed;
    Ciaran Kelly, Jamie Harris, Matthew Tipton, Richie Ryan :D Ciaran Kilduff, Shaun Williams, Shane McFaul

So this is my starting XI

Gary Rogers

Damian Lynch - Jamie Harris - Conor Kenna - Ian Bermingham

Ryan Guy - Richie Ryan - Shaun Williams - Jake Kelly

Matthew Tipton - Ciaran Kilduff

Subs: Ciaran Kelly, Stuey Byrne, Vinny Faherty, Shane McFaul, Sean Stewart, Noel Haverty, Neil Harney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

I've always wondered about the answer to this: when you get very old in FM, are you forced to retire, do you die, or can you play forever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've always wondered about the answer to this: when you get very old in FM, are you forced to retire, do you die, or can you play forever?

The chairman takes you out behind the back of the stadium and shoots you.:p

hehe... so did anyone tried my tactics???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Erper wrote: »
    hehe... so did anyone tried my tactics???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106072&page=3

Post them there! ;)

Does anyone else think that this forum needs a serious Revamp?

A group of us could put together some usefull info/individual threads for certain topics etc.

Whatch'all think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

In previous games you could ask a player to reconsider their retirement,. Hang on for another year.

For my Sheff Wed, Nicky Weaver declared he would retire and he was only just gone 34. Come on man, you're good for another year.

But there is no option? Or maybe I've missed it
    I liked that feature, can't see why it would be removed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

R_H_C_P wrote: »

A group of us could put together some usefull info/individual threads for certain topics etc.

Whatch'all think?

I agree. Sounds like a quality idea. Make lots of sticky threads with info and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106072&page=3

Post them there! ;)

Whatch'all think?

Great idea!

We shouldn't be discussing everything that there is to discuss about FM11 in just this thread. Doesn't make sense when we've a full forum to make use of!

In all fairness, first off we need a mod :confused:

Then, make separate thread for tactics, signing players, lower league games and then along with the snapshot of your story.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Yep definitely needs a bit of a shake up or something.
    My input would be, you have to post sreenshots in "Snapshot of your story", as it makes it far more interesting.We should also setup a multiplayer game. I'd be up for hosting one to see how it goes. Some challenges would also be nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is their even a mod for this forum anymore? haha

Ideas for certain threads;

Tactics, (share tactics you use)
    Snapshot of your Story (Speaks for itself.)
    DOWNLOADS (Stuff like facepacks, logos, kits, updates etc.)
    Players (Recommend players to sign, wonderkids to world class)
    Challenges (We can make seperate threads for different challenges)
    FM Live (General discussion and organising online games)
    Previous FM Games discussion (from the first FM to 2010)
    And maybe a championship manager thread if we're feeling generous :P (does anyone play it anymore? lol)

Anymore we are missing or could add?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

About to start playing it at last:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

And maybe a championship manager thread if we're feeling generous :P (does anyone play it anymore? lol)

Great Ideas, the amount of FM players on Boards who don't know about this forum or thinks it's inactive is probably huge.

There is probably... I was member of one fm forum but they shut it down.
    Btw, there should be a forum with all fm,s by now if anyone need any help.. I added my current tactics for this fm, if anyone else add another usefull info than we should let know admins with request for fm sub forum to make it more detailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Staff!

Also a thread on attributes (player, coach, mental and personal) and how to get the best use of them would be handy. It could even be stickied as it doesn't usually change between versions.

Advertisement