Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Bangood via Holland still the best bet for these? Thinking of ordering two with a couple of spare batteries.

I would like to get them in the most tax efficient way. Not in any huge rush for them (but before Christmas would be a requirement)

I ordered from Banggood and a mate did also.

Banggood had some problem with my credit card and my mates delivery took 3 weeks and we both live in Holland :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd another banggood order arrive this morning.
    Took 12 days via dutch post so slightly longer than previous.
    No additional costs on delivery - An Post handled the local delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I was looking at Banggood there,

You can buy it from their UK warehouse here

So obviously that comes at a premium, but as pointed earlier it has a $10 off coupon at the moment

The Sj4000 with a 16gb micro Sd seems slightly mispriced on the UK site, It's $94 delivered with the Coupon, which is the same price as from China (without adding the Netherlands shipping). EDIT: hmm, maybe im wrong, it seems like I'm getting charged an extra $4 for delivery to Ireland making it $98 delivered

Its still cheaper to buy the camera on its own off Banggood, $82 delivered and you could probably pick up a 16gb micro SD for $12 price difference, but its a good price if you dont want to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmmmm ordered mine just over a month ago from banggood, via snail mail (I didn't bother shipping by Holland). Annoying to say the least if some of yas are getting them in 12 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Timmaay wrote: »
    Hmmmm ordered mine just over a month ago from banggood, via snail mail (I didn't bother shipping by Holland). Annoying to say the least if some of yas are getting them in 12 days.

I ordered mine through the Netherlands post and it never arrived. They asked me to wait for an extra bit due to "National holidays" which I did but I have now requested a full refund.

Not a good first Banggood experience :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I ordered via banggood 24 working days (34 days) ago, and nothing yet.

Their tracking is awful, customer care does respond via their forum or facebook page.

I've requested a refund and opened a PP dispute.

My order was via Holland, and should have taken 2 - 7 working days to arrive.

Rage.

Ugh let us know if you get the refund fine, I may do the same. Back to square one, where should I get one from now? Or just get a cheap go pro?

Ugh let us know if you get the refund fine, I may do the same. Back to square one, where should I get one from now? Or just get a cheap go pro?

Mine supposedly shipped on September 16th. I had contacted customer support once it had gone over the working day limit outlined on the tracking page. They asked me to wait a bit more so I did and contacted them after I received an email asking me to review the camera I never received.

I asked for a refund and worryingly they just asked me to wait some more. Kind of stuck now as it was paid for by card and not PayPal.

I purposefully don't go for the cheapest offers to avoid getting scammed but it seems it's just a lottery. Heading away at the weekend and I thought for sure it would've come by now so I'm pretty pissed :mad:

Seifer wrote: »
    I purposefully don't go for the cheapest offers to avoid getting scammed but it seems it's just a lottery. Heading away at the weekend and I thought for sure it would've come by now so pretty I'm pissed :mad:

Same as that, and sure I ended up buying another one off amazon just to make sure I'd something for going away!

It would seem that people are getting their delivery, but most between 60 - 90 days after ordering, and the lottery seems to be whether it actually comes from a warehouse in Holland, the UK or Asia. And it may come from any one of the three places, despite what your order or tracking info states.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Seifer wrote: »
    Mine supposedly shipped on September 16th. I had contacted customer support once it had gone over the working day limit outlined on the tracking page. They asked me to wait a bit more so I did and contacted them after I received an email asking me to review the camera I never received.

I asked for a refund and worryingly they just asked me to wait some more. Kind of stuck now as it was paid for by card and not PayPal.

I purposefully don't go for the cheapest offers to avoid getting scammed but it seems it's just a lottery. Heading away at the weekend and I thought for sure it would've come by now so I'm pretty pissed :mad:

A gopro is 125 and widely available in normal shops. I got one, and it's pretty fantastic. However you.do not get the mounts, you only get 2 sticky mounts, so that may be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

A gopro is 125 and widely available in normal shops. I got one, and it's pretty fantastic. However you.do not get the mounts, you only get 2 sticky mounts, so that may be a problem.

Thats a good price for the big brand product but I needed the extra batterys and mounts hoping to do a video of a hiking trail.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

sheesh wrote: »
    Thats a good price for the big brand product but I needed the extra batterys and mounts hoping to do a video of a hiking trail.

Ah sorry I remember now! That gopro definitely wouldn't suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive been biding my time on getting an SJ4000 ... now I see DX selling the SJ5000 .. not sure which to get now

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

GBX wrote: »
    Ive been biding my time on getting an SJ4000 ... now I see DX selling the SJ5000 .. not sure which to get now

If it's the same SJ5000 that they have been selling for about a mont now it has nothing to do with the original Sj4000 made by SJCAM. Check SJCAM website if the SJ5000 has been relased.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ptyloch wrote: »
    If it's the same SJ5000 that they have been selling for about a mont now it has nothing to do with the original Sj4000 made by SJCAM. Check SJCAM website if the SJ5000 has been relased.

Not listed on it ..must be a DX special so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The 5000 is basically called that to fool people into thinking its the new and better version of the 4000 and buy it without checking. Its a totally different company/product

Banggood just offered me a full refund, so I'll see if that happens.

Oh, and I bought a GoPro branded pole in Dublin Airport for €45 on the way out. Load of shite. The thing stopped extending beyond the 2nd part after 2 days, and would only go up one part after 5 days. I'd say a bit of WD40 would have helped it, but then I'd be afraid it wouldn't stick when fully extended.

Bah all round!

You paid with pp? Do us who paid with CCs have much hope?

You paid with pp? Do us who paid with CCs have much hope?

Yeah I paid with PP, and have opened a dispute with them, but there's nothing to say that they won't refund a normal credit card.

Actually, what I'd do provisionally is get onto my CC provider and ask for a rebate via their system directly. I've done that before for hotel rooms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plonker

there's a wifi version for €125 in Lidl next Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

plonker wrote: »
    there's a wifi version for €125 in Lidl next Thursday!
    Wifi version on what may I ask?

twinsen wrote: »
    Wifi version on what may I ask?

Its not an SJ4000, its a generic one. Tread carefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The front camera on my bike is an ALDI one, great build quality (not quite up to spec of the SJCAM, but the 3 year warranty is a nice bonus)

So the Lidl one might be worth checking out, even just for the warranty.

My rear camera is the SJCAM, picture quality is phenomenal, best of luck to those waiting on pending orders...

Reply from banggood finally. Supposedly shipped on Sept 23th (4 days after I ordered), and they gave me a link to their dire tracking service again. They said the tracking says the package is in Ireland and likely to be held up with either bad weather or customs, and to please be patient a few more days. Fu#k all else I can do by now tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Reply from banggood finally. Supposedly shipped on Sept 23th (4 days after I ordered), and they gave me a link to their dire tracking service again. They said the tracking says the package is in Ireland and likely to be held up with either bad weather or customs, and to please be patient a few more days. Fu#k all else I can do by now tbh!

It's more than likely with customs if you didn't go via Holland, but even with the extra 20 euro VAT it's still good value and similar price to the ones on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

I'm in exactly the same situation, tried their live chat on Thursday last and they said "please not too worry, wait 1-2 more weeks for items, weather and surprise conditions delays shipping"
    Pretty brutal support to be honest, I asked for a way to track it and they sent me the same useless link I already have.
    Mine "shipped" on the 17th of last month....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Mine took an extra week because of customs, and bank holiday aswell will slow things right down

They refunded to my PP within 24 hours btw.

I gave them exactly 24 working days and demanded the refund. They asked that I return the item when/if it arrives, I queried who'd cover the cost of return post - no response as of yet.

Mine arrived today. Ordered on September 15th with delivery via Netherlands post.
    Haven't tried the camera yet.

• Advertisement

Some pain in the arse by now, never ever using Banggood again!

Advertisement