Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warlock PvP

Options
  • 10-06-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Just started PvP on my Warlock. He is my bank char, but decided id have some fun in bg's with him and farm honour gear.

Whats the best specialization these days for PvP on locks? Ive noticed locks put out series dps & damage in bg's these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Locks are very gear dependent and can be very overwhelming to play, but when you can do em well they will rip the living **** outta anything.

With good gear, affliction is great fun especially in BG's just DOT everything up and watch them die, if your newer to locks Destro is a good option, some nice damage, and not as heavy on gear as Affliction is. Demo, I think is also pretty good? I hear its used more in top tier arena but I've never really played Demo as much as I would have liked.

So my advice, start with Destro and Demo, see what you think and when you have some gear (I'd say full or near full Grevious/Prideful) then give Affliction a try aswell! :)

http://www.noxxic.com/

As a nice rundown of all the gems, refoges, Glyphs and talents you'll need. As well as some basic rotations, so you know what do use.

Another thing is pets, you have a grimmor as your second last talent, put it onto the one that gives you the improved demons, because the beefed up succubus, and Fel Hunter are pretty sick.

The improved Succubus will automatically lock down anyone that fears/silences you, so that they can't do anything while you are disabled, and just the general CC from her is insane.

Improved Fel hunter does similar fel hunter things, such as a silence and consuming the buffs, its not used as often but is useful still against casters in arena etc.

Theres a guide on the WoW Forums aswell I think, but I'm not able to access it atm. (Silly firewalls! :( )

Well... looks like I'm playing my lock tonight anyway xD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I always loved playing my Affliction Warlock in PvP. Great fun, and really powerful when played right (which i rarely did). I don't think i've ever played a class in another MMO that i've liked as much as my Warlock tbh.

Dots dots dots, more dots!!

Kiith wrote: »
    I always loved playing my Affliction Warlock in PvP. Great fun, and really powerful when played right (which i rarely did). I don't think i've ever played a class in another MMO that i've liked as much as my Warlock tbh.

Dots dots dots, more dots!!

Yeah I really wanna play alfi pvp but I just dont have the gear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

just got my second piece of PvP gear, this is gonna be a tough grind. Dps is really bad atm.

What are battlegrounds like in your battlegroup? Are you alliance or horde, and do you generally win more then lose?

If you find your team losing a lot, Justice points can be the fastest way to farm honor - farm dungeons for about an hour and a half to two hours, and you should have the justice cap, use that then to buy honor points (500 Justice --> 250 Honor) Justice is pretty much useless bar to buy BOA gear.

Apart from that, find a tailor/check the AH and see if you can buy any of the crafted malevolent pieces of gear, especially the trinket if thats not one of the pieces you have already!

• Advertisement
Advertisement