Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago style Deep Dish, in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

TGIF it used to be called Chicago Pizza Pie place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Chicago pizza pie factory* It was really nice. There was one in Paris...not sure if it is still open though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

poisonated wrote: »
    Chicago pizza pie factory* It was really nice. There was one in Paris...not sure if it is still open though.

Stephen Green

really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I'll give it a go.. In the shopping centre is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hasn't been there in years!

Well that's that out the window.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hootanany wrote: »
    TGIF it used to be called Chicago Pizza Pie place.
    poisonated wrote: »

I used to call it Chicago Pizza Pie Parlour :D but yeah it was factory.

And divine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Most pizza places are focused on wood ovens etc... and deep bases are long gone.
    You can get Chicago Town pizzas in most supermarkets that are deep dish however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

The Chicago Pizza pie factory on Stephen's Green done an "Everything on the pan" pizza that was the best I ever tasted, about 3" thick, washed down with a pitcher and a mud pie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

nudger wrote: »
    The Chicago Pizza pie factory on Stephen's Green done an "Everything on the pan" pizza that was the best I ever tasted, about 3" thick, washed down with a pitcher and a mud pie.

Omg the mud pie was amazing.

Bring back Chicago Pizza Pie Factory!
    http://www.panoramio.com/m/photo/270331

Wow... 1996...

Looks like I'm on a wild goose chase?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I miss that place! When we were kids we used to be brought either there or Captain America's every time we were in town. I remember the toilets in Chicago, there was a sign over them saying "The John's" and the women's one was called Olivia Newton John, can't remember what the men's was called. They had loads of random signs all over the place and the bar was mega, old liquor bottles the whole way up to the ceiling. The desserts were immense. Was so disappointing when it changed to Planet Hollywood :(

I miss that place! When we were kids we used to be brought either there or Captain America's every time we were in town. I remember the toilets in Chicago, there was a sign over them saying "The John's" and the women's one was called Olivia Newton John, can't remember what the men's was called. They had loads of random signs all over the place and the bar was mega, old liquor bottles the whole way up to the ceiling. The desserts were immense. Was so disappointing when it changed to Planet Hollywood :(

Elton John.:D wasn't sure which to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

And you ALWAYS got a bag of jellies going out the door! :pac:

And the bowl of mints for you as you paid the bill.

First place in Dublin that I knew of that done pitchers of beer, was a great spot, sadly missed.

Judge Roy Beans was another good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

nudger wrote: »
    And the bowel of mints for you

Hope that's a typo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There's actually feck all decent pizza places in Dublin these days.Just the usual Pizza Hut/Apache shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

There's actually feck all decent pizza places in Dublin these days.Just the usual Pizza Hut/Apache shíte.

Give Skinflint a try next time, I worked there for a few months and gained a fair bit of weight. Tasty grilled pizza.

Mods, I have no more connections with the place and this me honestly saying it's one of the best around.

Edit: The ribs, get the ribs.
    The pizza is as far from Chicago style you can get btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

Have to disagree. Dublin has loads of excellent pizzerias. Including:

Pizza Stop
    Steps of Rome
    Ciao Bella Roma
    Bar Italia
    Bottega Toffoli
    Paulie’s Pizza
    Credo
    Da Mimmo
    Al Vesuvio
    Manifesto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

1968 wrote: »
    Have to disagree. Dublin has loads of excellent pizzerias. Including:

Pizza Stop
    Steps of Rome
    Ciao Bella Roma
    Bar Italia
    Bottega Toffoli
    Paulie’s Pizza
    Credo
    Da Mimmo
    Al Vesuvio
    Manifesto

Yeah i agree theres loads of good pizza places in Dublin, paulies pizza and ciao bella roma are my faves

Do any of said establishments do Chicago deep dish pizzas ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Gona bump this, any place in Dublin that does a Chicago style, or even a Detroit style pizza??

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Basil Pizza is a nice outdoor place down ringsend, BYOB

https://twitter.com/basilpizzabasil

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

safetyboy wrote: »
    Basil Pizza is a nice outdoor place down ringsend, BYOB

https://twitter.com/basilpizzabasil
    I had a pizza here the other day, in no sense of the word was it a ''deep dish''.

It was good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Yeah, doesn't seem to be any place in Dublin who do it. Pity...

Advertisement