Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Clothes Online

• 14-11-2008 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Just 13 weeks gone and pants are getting tight now so was wondering about maternity clothes. I know that they say to buy your own size ie 12 but how do they know how big the bump is? Or are they all elasticated so grow from now till you give birth? Scan is next week so still havent told people so thats why i dont know too much on the issue of clothing!!!
    I saw a few good sites and wondering does anyone know anymore or what they think of the following?

www.nextdirectory.ie which is great as you can get them delivered to your nearest store and then decide if you want them!!
    www.asos.com
    www.hautemama.ie
    www.funmum.com
    www.picchumaternity.com

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

newmommy wrote: »
    Just 13 weeks gone and pants are getting tight now so was wondering about maternity clothes. I know that they say to buy your own size ie 12 but how do they know how big the bump is? Or are they all elasticated so grow from now till you give birth? Scan is next week so still havent told people so thats why i dont know too much on the issue of clothing!!!
    I saw a few good sites and wondering does anyone know anymore or what they think of the following?

www.nextdirectory.ie which is great as you can get them delivered to your nearest store and then decide if you want them!!
    www.asos.com
    www.hautemama.ie
    www.funmum.com
    www.picchumaternity.com

Cheers

They are elasticated and will grow with you, or have little button panels, but sometimes you'll need different clothes at the beginning and end of the pregnancy. I bought and had some from my last pregnancy in my size, and I haven't been piling on the pounds (lost loads in the first 3 months so I'm the same weight now as I was at conception), but I'm finding that the clothes, especially trousers, which had fitted well are now tight or falling down because they don't reach the biggest part of the bump. I bought a belly band, basically it's like an elastic tube which holds your trousers up, it's like a constant hug :) It has basically saved me a fortune replacing all my low rise jeans! Apparantly it can also be worn over pre pregnancy trousers (unbuttoned) in early pregnancy, but I didn't try this so can't comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Yep, belly bands are great, got some funky print ones from Ebay US, functional & fashionable, and you can maybe use some of your pre-bump tops for longer.
    Some of the shops do an ok range of basics - Dorothy Perkins, New Look, Dunnes. Also got some stuff from Blooming Marvellous UK which was good quality & not too expensive.
    Congrats & hope all goes well.

Advertisement