Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NO!!..... 'The Simpsons' Movie is underway..

• 07-06-2005 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

BBC wrote:
    Bart Simpson herself has been speaking to us about the new 'Simpsons' movie.

Nancy Cartright's travelled over from Springfield to do a run of her one-woman show 'My Life as a Ten Year Old Boy' in London.

Plans for the feature length cartoon were unveiled at the Cannes film festival and Nancy says things are moving along:

"You know what? We've just done the table read for the 'Simpsons' movie so although we've been promoting that we're going to do it, now we're actually doing it and are in production."

"I'm sure it won't take any less than a couple of years."

"I don't know the name of it and I can't go into details about it and we'll just have to see how it goes, but I think it's going to be great and the fans are going to dig it."
    Original Source here!

D'ya think there's any possibly way this could turn out good?!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Couldn't give an arse, I wouldn't go to see it if it was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kaids wrote:
    Couldn't give an arse, I wouldn't go to see it if it was made.
    Surely.. you would outta curiosity..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

basquille wrote:
    No... my curiosity gland would take a pass on this one, pitiful people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Urrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh..... *seethes*..... I..... don't know about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

basquille wrote:
    Probably ask your cousin about it...but wouldn't go see it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

i know it sounds like a horrible idea, but I reckon in the end everyone will go see it, and it will probably be class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I think this would is a great idea*

If they leave it at that then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'd probably go to see it being honest but I would also most definately complain about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I said the same about Beavis and Butthead movie , damn was i wrong.

Could be good i suppose maybe.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I hope its good.
    It has to be. Theyve been working on it for years. What do you think the storyline will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Will that be the end of 'The Simpsons' then?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

hmmmm.... very torn by this news. if it resembles anything like the simpsons i loved and grew up with then it could be a good way to finish off the series. Or on the other hand it could descend into a long whaaaaat? (you know what i mean!).

probly give it a lash though. an addict takes anything they can get:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Humorbot5.0: "Calculon, do you want to set up this clip from All * My * Circuits?"
    Calculon: "No, I think it's self-explanatory."
    Calculon in clip: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!" (with a pirate in BBQing)
    Robo-audience: *applause, ending sharply*
    Calculon: "Funny story. The script called for me to say 'yes', but I gave it a little twist."
    Humorbot5.0: "Anecdote accepted. Snappy come-back not found."

this is what i think of the simpsons movie! (bad idea) make more futurama!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The Simpsons movie is around ten years too late IMO.......

Still, we might all be pleasantly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd go to it five times if they promised to stop making the show in return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

Yeah I agree that perhaps they're too late on this one. Sounds a bit like flogging a dead horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,783 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Any chances they'll go for a once off and return to all the original writers? Back when it was genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,004 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well if its anything like series 11-14 it'll suck, anything like 1-10 will be good. Unfortunately its about 10 years too late and bound to be crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

basquille wrote:
    D'ya think there's any possibly way this could turn out good?!

no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'd say it'll be good. I loved the Beavis and Butthead Movie, and the South Park movie. I'm looking forward to this. I'm sure they'll put all their efforts into making this good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

Blisterman wrote:
    I'd say it'll be good. I loved the Beavis and Butthead Movie, and the South Park movie. I'm looking forward to this. I'm sure they'll put all their efforts into making this good.

i agree, i think it will turn out good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

So... who else is betting that this will be two hours of clips from old episodes stiched together with 15 minutes of new animations.
    "But Homer, remember the time you fell down Springfield gorge?!"
    AAHAHAHHAHA... oh if they ever use that clip again.. I swear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I lost interest in the 'new' simpsons a long time ago. A recent purchase of season 5 has restored my faith in this series and now i am kind of sad. If they had have announced this around the time of series 5 then i would have been excited but if it is a 2 hour version of what they are airing now count me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"But surely you'll go and see it?"

Not a chance. I'm not gonna willingly part with my money just to further fuel the greed that has overwhelmed the Simpsons in the last few years.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

Sacreligious!(now i KNOW i spelled that wrong) i would have to go and see it, but im totally against the idea. gotta agree with nearly everyone so far-its ten years too late(or maybe just five)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Nah,simpsons sucks now,the newer seasons have even ruined the classic ones for me. I wont go see it,rent it after maybe,but not in the cinema.

as long as family guy is on the air,thats all i care about :)

Advertisement