Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    :eek: Oh my God I would have ran like the clappers away from that!! :eek:

Hope all goes well Sar_Bear. :) xx

In other news, me and my brother were playing Rock Band a few minutes ago and I got so into playing this song. We have the drum set-up btw.

Lola92 wrote: »
    Sar_Bear sorry to hear you had a crap time at the hospital. I know it must be stressful for doctors working there but that doesn't give them the right to treat people like sh1t and ignore very real and valid problems.

Anyway following on from the spider talk earlier... :D

483874_254124031347013_175855372507213_595594_281804811_n.jpg

hahaha thats brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Sometimes I click on the Ladygardening thread thinking it's this one and I'm like "what the hell? This thread took an oddly specific turn in the last few pages..."

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Sometimes I click on the Ladygardening thread thinking it's this one and I'm like "what the hell? This thread took an oddly specific turn in the last few pages..."

I've done that a load of times and had the exact same reaction! :o

Edit: Anyone ever by from boohoo.com? The prices are very reasonable, just wondering what are the sizes like..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Sometimes my co-workers make me insane :( I generally like my job but some days.... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Anyone ever by from boohoo.com? The prices are very reasonable, just wondering what are the sizes like..

I ordered 3 dresses and a skirt from them a while back- sizes seemed pretty much the same as you'd get in Awear. I had to send back one of the dresses though cause it had a hole.
    I'd buy again from them though- good quality for what they charge :)

• Advertisement

bubblefett wrote: »
    I ordered 3 dresses and a skirt from them a while back- sizes seemed pretty much the same as you'd get in Awear. I had to send back one of the dresses though cause it had a hole.
    I'd buy again from them though- good quality for what they charge :)

I don't think I've ever bought anything from Awear.. Some really nice dresses on boohoo though. I'm going to a wedding with himself in about a month and I wanted to get something nice but reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

That has happened to me a few times. I start reading a post and then go "wtf? :confused:" then look at the thread title and go 'Ohhhh........' :o

Half way through a mixed fruit Kopparberg now and already feeling sleepy. Have Series 1-4 of The Big Band Theory downloaded, going to watch a few episodes before bed.

Hoping the boyfriend will come to see Titanic 3D with me next week when it is released.

Just had a really nice roll with ham and cheese and onion Hunky Dory's.

I'd love a Mr. Freeze Ice Pop now, don't have any though :( Although I do have a packet or Party Rings biccies... :D

Feeling so much better today, than I was the past few days. I'm quite tired, but think that's because I was stressed out and now it's having an effect on me.

I don't think I've ever bought anything from Awear.. They do have really nice dresses though. I'm going to a wedding with himself in about a month and I wanted to get something nice but reasonably priced.
    With A|Wear I find their tops to be true to size, a 10 is a 10, etc.

Their dresses and jeans are another story though. Man alive, I don't know how many dresses I tried on in there last year, varying sizes, none of which looked anyway decent on me (only because I carry weight on my stomach).

Their dresses and jeans are another story though. Man alive, I don't know how many dresses I tried on in there last year, varying sizes, none of which looked anyway decent on me (only because I carry weight on my stomach).

Yeah that doesn't sound great then, I carry nearly all my excess weight on my tummy/hip area. If I could remove my tummy I'd look fine lol. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Don't get me started on their dresses :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: any bit of boob and you've no hope!

• Advertisement

Yeah that doesn't sound great then, I carry nearly all my excess weight on my tummy/hip area. If I could remove my tummy I'd look fine lol. :o
    Same as me so.

Is there a Jean Junction near you Jane? If so, I'd recommend popping in and having a look.

The one near me has a few nice bits in, not overly dressy mind.

Would you chance buying from eBay Jane? I've bought some gorgeous bits and pieces there, for little or nothing. Tbh, most of my wardrobe contents have come from eBay.

If you're unsure about store sizing, you can ask here and someone will be able to help.

A lot of items on eBay will only post to the U.K, but if you message the seller they are normally happy to post to R.O.I, you just need to specify whether is Northern or Southern Ireland you want them to post to, because in my experience, U.K postage prices apply to Northern Ireland as well as mainland U.K (London, Manchester, etc).

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Don't get me started on their dresses :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: any bit of boob and you've no hope!

No hope for me there so! I wasn't exactly left lacking in the boob department.. :o
    Same as me so.

Is there a Jean Junction near you Jane? If so, I'd recommend popping in and having a look.

The one near me has a few nice bits in, not overly dressy mind.

Would you chance buying from eBay Jane? I've bought some gorgeous bits and pieces there, for little or nothing. Tbh, most of my wardrobe contents have come from eBay.

If you're unsure about store sizing, you can ask here and someone will be able to help.

A lot of items on eBay will only post to the U.K, but if you message the seller they are normally happy to post to R.O.I, you just need to specify whether is Northern or Southern Ireland you want them to post to, because in my experience, U.K postage prices apply to Northern Ireland as well as mainland U.K (London, Manchester, etc).

Never actually heard of Jean Junction but I'll Google and see what I come up with. I don't really want anything overly dressy so that would be great. eBay would be good either. I'll have a look there too. A size 18 from Penneys is usually fine for me. I seem to be different sizes in different shops. I'm a 16 in Dunnes jeans. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for your replies ladies. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have never bought clothes online. The amount of things I've seen in shops, thought were lovely and tried them only only to find out they're awful has put me off. I must try (on) before I buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Ebay is great for getting clothes, especially vintage stuff. Do pay close attention to the description though. If they don't have specific measurements, just shoot them off a message and they should be happy to measure for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Can´t sleep. Freaking out. Too much to do and not enough time to do it. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

So drunk lovies!! lol this is the height of my night out

Painted my nails a nice bright pink and used China Glaze Fairy Dust on both of my ring fingers. Sparkly, pretty and shiny :) Love having painted nails :)

Painted my nails a nice bright pink and used China Glaze Fairy Dust on both of my ring fingers. Sparkly, pretty and shiny :) Love having painted nails :)

I had to Google what that was and now I want some! :o:D

I think I'll head to bed. Feeling a bit down but I'll be okay. Night loungers. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Spider babies didn't resurrect overnight so I have my bathroom back. Huzzah! Off to the seaside tonight for the long Easter weekend. It's hitting 41 degrees and climbing so lots of shade and swimming pool for me. Have 3 books packed for 4 days and wondering if it's enough.

Last year the weather hit 52 degrees in May... am dreading next month. Have red hair and super pale skin so I'm not built for this heat at all.

(Pretty good excuse for an ice cold beer though :))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Spider babies didn't resurrect overnight so I have my bathroom back. Huzzah! Off to the seaside tonight for the long Easter weekend. It's hitting 41 degrees and climbing so lots of shade and swimming pool for me. Have 3 books packed for 4 days and wondering if it's enough.

Last year the weather hit 52 degrees in May... am dreading next month. Have red hair and super pale skin so I'm not built for this heat at all.

(Pretty good excuse for an ice cold beer though :))

I must of missed it before but where do you live? i want some of that 41 degrees, its freezing here;)

my friend lives in Canada and is off to Cuba for 2 weeks - lucky devil....

Out of curiosity what are the books your taking along, i have a holiday in Italy coming up soon and i need a few books to bring with me....

• Advertisement

I live in India, hence the crazy weather. I'm reading a book called "Family Matters" by Rohinton Mistry at the moment - he's an Indian author who writes amazingly evocative novels about Indian life, families, caste etc. The kind of novels you find it difficult to put down. I often find myself thinking of his characters in the middle of the day, wondering what they're doing or how they are... then I have to remind myself they're not real!

I have another of his books with me along with "The Glass Palace" by Amitav Gosht.

If you're looking for a non-Indian book recommendation try something by Brady Udall. I've read both "The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint" and "The Lonely Polygamist" and both were truly excellent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love novels that are hard to put down. I'll have to check out this Mistry, I haven't read much by Indian writers, must expand my reading list..

Great to hear it! I had never read anything by an Indian author until I moved here, I just started picking up random novels in bookshops until I hit on a few writers I liked.

Excellent book on life in Calcutta (a novel) called City of Joy by Dominique La Pierre. It's about an American doctor who finds himself working in the city slums. If it doesn't make you wretchedly heartbroken then you have a heart of stone! It's beautifully written and I have to say I enjoy my sporadic trips to Calcutta the more for reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I miss having painted nails :(
    Anyone ever by from boohoo.com? The prices are very reasonable, just wondering what are the sizes like..

Boohoo is generally cheap for a reason, very hit and miss, some of the fabric is appalling quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Great to hear it! I had never read anything by an Indian author until I moved here, I just started picking up random novels in bookshops until I hit on a few writers I liked.

Excellent book on life in Calcutta (a novel) called City of Joy by Dominique La Pierre. It's about an American doctor who finds himself working in the city slums. If it doesn't make you wretchedly heartbroken then you have a heart of stone! It's beautifully written and I have to say I enjoy my sporadic trips to Calcutta the more for reading it.

ooh great recommendations, they are going onto my (huge) "to be read" list!

Have you read A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth? It's lonnnnng but I loved it.

Just googled it - soft cover version has 1,488 pages! Apparently it's one of the longest novels ever published. Thanks for the recommendation, I just found it on Book Depository (free shipping!) for about a tenner.

There's a sequel due for publication next year by the way, aptly titled "A Suitable Girl".

PS I love watching people shopping for books on the BD website - I get to indulge my nosiness without bothering anyone :)http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/live

bubblefett wrote: »
    +10000000 for that, hope you're okay love x

I am so sick of crap doctors, you go to them for help and they make things worse! When I went to a doctor about my depression he straight out asked me "well are you planning killing yourself?" I said no (a lie) and he told me that I was fine and he didn't intend to be handing out drugs for nothing (I didn't even want to go on medication, I just needed help).

Hope you're okay Sar_bear, no one deserves a brush off like that from a doctor x *hugs*

They seem to be proliferating alright. Like my mum, who has been sick since last July/August. She was told it was "psychosomatic" (lovely). So psychosomatic, in fact, that she has since been diagnosed with a very serious heart condition, and had to spend a month in a private clinic under 24 hour monitoring, is not allowed go back to work for at least a year and can hardly make it up the stairs.

Sar_bear, I would go to see another doctor. You know your body and you know something is not right. Insist upon it. Best of luck. Hugs.

Just googled it - soft cover version has 1,488 pages! Apparently it's one of the longest novels ever published. Thanks for the recommendation, I just found it on Book Depository (free shipping!) for about a tenner.

There's a sequel due for publication next year by the way, aptly titled "A Suitable Girl".

PS I love watching people shopping for books on the BD website - I get to indulge my nosiness without bothering anyone :)http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/live

No way! Class, I'll buy that as soon as it comes out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

krudler wrote: »
    theres a discussion on classic hits 4fm about transgender people, some people are so fcuking ignorant.

what was said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    what was said?

Ah the usual waffle about how trans people are just doing it to be different and are liars and blah blah, it was mostly about being able to change your birth cert to your new sex instead of your birth one, there was a couple of trans people on it, should be on the website if you want to listen back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement