Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wish the author would stop insulting our intelligence

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ush1 wrote: »
    In the same vein, doubt the folks at Nat Geo will appreciate him holding up their magazine and shouting "BULLSH*T!".
    I doubt the folks at NG will ever even know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Dades wrote: »
    I doubt the folks at NG will ever even know.

I think his book will bring down NG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Actually, I think I misheard George. Sorry!

George doesn't seem like the type to understand evolution if he was doing it anyway , he could believe in it but not understand it enough to debate someone who has researched it albeit badly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Matt spoke to Michael Nugent which was quite good but then spoke to the absolutely reprehensible Cal Thomas later who said we should be open to all ideas, my hand doesn't look like a Gorillas yada yada. Then in the ad break what comes on? You know who offering 10,000 bananas telling us to go to www.darwinsdeadidea.com which just goes to the original site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just listened to the Moncrieff interview.

Unreal, so funny. Some real classic quotes.

"We didn't come from apes we came from our mothers!":pac:

"Of course God created them who dya think did?"

And of course he let slip that it's all about religion by saying that the bible is the actual truth.

And of course he let slip that it's all about religion by saying that the bible is the actual truth.

yeah the god one was real funny, great interview if not just because of the comic value

Dougla2 wrote: »
    yeah the god one was real funny, great interview if not just because of the comic value

I actually think Moncrieff was really good, is he an atheist? Not that it matters, he seemed to have a decent idea of natural history and was able to call him up on most of what he said. I reckon if it was in a pub he would have ripped him to shreds but wouldn't be that cruel on his radio show. Well played.

I actually think Moncrieff was really good, is he an atheist? Not that it matters, he seemed to have a decent idea of natural history and was able to call him up on most of what he said. I reckon if it was in a pub he would have ripped him to shreds but wouldn't be that cruel on his radio show. Well played.
    i don't know but you don't have to be atheist to accept evolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

the opening line was my favourite.

'Evolutionists will try to tell you what happened millions of years ago. Now if you try to remember something 40 years ago youd have trouble'

therefore evolution is bull****

QED.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

oceanclub wrote: »
    Yup, because famously that how scientists win debates; they sue each other.

Seems to be a good tactic though, from Private Eye it seems a lot of people are doing "libel tourism" in the UK where the laws are lax and the legal fees can properly **** someone over if they don't back down, even before it gets to a proper court.

If there's anything further on radio could someone post a listen live link?

the opening line was my favourite.

'Evolutionists will try to tell you what happened millions of years ago. Now if you try to remember something 40 years ago youd have trouble'

therefore evolution is bull****

QED.

lol i know right , no one remembers evolution you don't need to we got fossils , DNA and carbon dating. this guy is a buffoon

i don't know but you don't have to be atheist to accept evolution

Yeah, that's what I meant by "not that it matters".

Yeah, that's what I meant by "not that it matters".

Oh! , sorry didnt read the whole post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

lol i know right , no one remembers evolution you don't need to we got fossils , DNA and carbon dating. this guy is a buffoon

also humans didnt exist 6000 years ago because theres no historical records saying 'howaya, john jo the pre-babylonian here'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

sorry carbon dating isn't science either did you not hear his interview

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

5: It is a toxic poisonous mind virus which destroys the hearts immune system against hope and common sense.

From his website.

Now maybe I'm reading this wrong but I think he needs lessons in leaving cert level biology and basic grammar because this suggests that the heart should be immune from Hope and Common sense...

.. a moral stand point he is achieving well it must be said.

To be honest, I think this guy is too breathtakingly stupid for even our public to be impressed with him. I think the more publicity he gets, the more comprehensively it will finish him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Not working :(

• Advertisement

My favourite is his factoid about babies lack of wrinkles because of the
    "water" the baby is immersed in in utero. Somebody needs to tell the
    guy that a baby is immersed in Amniotic Fluid and that a simple google search
    will show that babies do in fact wrinkle due to amniotic
    fluid.

But then again, his anecdotal evidence must be given credence on national
    radio in the interest of impartiality and fairness :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭silliegillie

I really feel sorry for people who believe in Creationism over evolution, and pitty the poor fools who try to disprove evolution, But there is a lot of them out there and that make me fear Human beings. People really are Dumb therefore proof we where not created by some divine being. If Im made in Gods image then her is one thick, alcoholics, mentally unstable,poor and sexually frustrated entity with an appendix ?(Why Would God have an appendix ? Also he could have done something nicer with my sack than left over elbow skin.

Thanks for the link :D

I still don't understand how a guy whose argument against evolution is:

"Have you ever lived up a tree for a week? Try it!"
    &
    "People get wrinkles taking a bath, does a newborn baby have wrinkles?"
    &
    "There were very few tribes before the Sumerians & Babylonians, name them!"
    &
    "When people try to explain what happened millions of years ago when I have trouble remembering what happened 40 years ago they're waffling".
    &
    "Francis Collins, the eminent argumentum ad verecundiam leader of the Human Genome Project argumentum ad verecundiam is religious, so there!"
    &
    "Woo woo Stephen Jay Gould taken out of context woo woo"
    &
    "Darwin liked shooting birds"
    &
    "There is no evidence of intermediate fossils"
    &
    "I don't deal in theories"
    &
    "If we're related to banana's that's pathetic"
    &
    "Einstein didn't believe in the big bang"
    &
    "There may not have been a big bang, we don't know, whatever!"
    &
    "There is some interesting stuff in the Hebrew wribibletings."
    &
    "6000 years ago there were no human beings on this planet, the evidence is in my book!"
    &
    "It satisfies my intellectual curiousity that man was placed here 6000 years ago by a creator. End of Story!
    The other theories are not credible. Evidence? Look at your desk Sean, look at the evidence of intelligence,
    ergo the universe is intelligent. It's how you see it."
    &
    "We come from our mothers, the alternative makes no sense whatsoever."

can be given an outlet like national radio to propagate this nonsense :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

May wrote:
    "Evolutionists will try to tell you what happened millions of years ago. Now if you try to remember something 40 years ago youd have trouble"
    40 years? Didn't stop the gospel authors from scribbling down hundreds of direct quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

That's some of the least evolved linking I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

stevejazzx wrote: »
    That's some of the least evolved linking I've ever seen.

fixed, but i see sponsored got there first!
    dougla2 wrote:
    why did you post that music rape here ?
    Motherf*cking magnets, how the **** do they work?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement