Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android app ideas for Ireland

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dmac2006 wrote: »
    Hi, I created an app called Live Football on TV, it's a TV broadcasting guide for all soccer/football tv listings in Ireland & UK, across Europe and else where. Decided to charge a quid for it though as it was gaining popularity.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visualdesign.livefootballontv

Thinking of other sports ideas to implement.

Great stuff, was looking for something like this for ages, bought :) +1 on the rugby suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

panama wrote: »
    Seems like a clever attempt by the OP to gather lots of new app ideas for his app making friend. People post great new ideas they go and profit from them.

It's an open public forum, anyone can take the ideas and develop them, if someone who has a good idea they think will make money they're not going to post it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What about an aertv.ie app. I'd imagine there wouldn't be too much work involved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I reckon I might have enough to work with for a blood donation app:

- Reminder following donation with no restrictions (90 day period)
    - Reminder following donation with restrictions (wait period varies)
    - A questionnaire based on the official blood donor questionnaire which will let you know if and when you can donate?
    - Scrape info from Blood Donation website such as current blood stock levels to let you know if your blood type is in demand at the moment
    - Locations of clinics near you in the near future.

Reminder built into the calendar should be easy enough, the location of nearby clinics would probably be fairly tricky though as I'm not sure how easily the info can be scraped/parsed from their calendar?

Well it only took me 2 years to get around to doing it but I've developed this blood donation app. It's not the prettiest looking app but the functionality is there for the most part. I think if I get time I'll overhaul the UI. I welcome any feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd love an app that told you where the nearest 24 hour call out mechanic and recovery was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Dunno if it was already mentioned but an app that shows up nearby 24 hour pharmacies * or even late opening ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

daytob wrote: »
    Dunno if it was already mentioned but an app that shows up nearby 24 hour pharmacies * or even late opening ones

Google Maps should do this, but when I search '24 hour pharmacy Dublin Ireland' I only get Hickeys Pharmacies... Others have not put in adequate details apparently - bit of a flaw in their business planning...

Just checked one of the Hickey's stores and they aren't even 24 hour... That's one retailer I won't be visiting anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Google Maps should do this, but when I search '24 hour pharmacy Dublin Ireland' I only get Hickeys Pharmacies... Others have not put in adequate details apparently - bit of a flaw in their business planning...

Just checked one of the Hickey's stores and they aren't even 24 hour... That's one retailer I won't be visiting anymore.

That's the problem for apps like this and the tow truck one, getting reliable data!? Once you have the data creating a basic interface and hooking it up to maps is the easy part. One way to do it is to go off and get all data you need yourself but even if your just doing it for Dublin it'll be pretty time consuming not to mention having to keep it up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

A water charge app that will guesstimate your charges.Flush toilet, press the toilet button, use the washing machine, press the washing machine button...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

An app that shows fixtures, results and real time Scoring of all GAA games would be nice.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
Advertisement