Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 KK4life

Bluezar wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been living in Dublin for over a year (currently living and working in city center near camden street). I'm 24 and having not lifted a hurley in about 4 years, the final last Sunday has reinvigorated my interest and I am interested in getting back playing next year. Played as a child right up to under 21 but then emigrating abroad for a while for work stopped me playing.

I would appreciate if anyone could recommend a decent club that may play Junior hurling and would be commutable by public transport from the city center. Any sort of standard would do as its more about me getting back playing next year. Even though the new season is obviously a good way, I would like to scout out some potential clubs now and start getting fit myself over the winter months.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
    Bluezar

How ya, Civil Service Hurling Club are always recruiting players and train and play out of Islandbridge (front of the war Memorial Park). There are 2 teams so regardless of your level, you would easily slot into one or the other. New players are always more than welcome. Islandbridge is easily accessible.

For more details, email. I can't post email address here but you can find it on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Chah

Bluezar wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been living in Dublin for over a year (currently living and working in city center near camden street). I'm 24 and having not lifted a hurley in about 4 years, the final last Sunday has reinvigorated my interest and I am interested in getting back playing next year. Played as a child right up to under 21 but then emigrating abroad for a while for work stopped me playing.

I would appreciate if anyone could recommend a decent club that may play Junior hurling and would be commutable by public transport from the city center. Any sort of standard would do as its more about me getting back playing next year. Even though the new season is obviously a good way, I would like to scout out some potential clubs now and start getting fit myself over the winter months.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
    Bluezar

Crumlin, play in pearse pk in crumli. A good hurling club

• Registered Users Posts: 6 murr15

Hi,
    27 year old former minor inter-county player (Westmeath) - now living i Rathmines - fitness is piss poor, but looking to improve on that. Have not kicked a ball in about 3 years but I'm sure I've still got the basics there.
    Any suggestions?
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

murr15 wrote: »
    Hi,
    27 year old former minor inter-county player (Westmeath) - now living i Rathmines - fitness is piss poor, but looking to improve on that. Have not kicked a ball in about 3 years but I'm sure I've still got the basics there.
    Any suggestions?
    C

What level would you like to play at? How much time would you like to give it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 murr15

To be honest I'm open to any grade - although at this moment in time, my fitness would probably dictate that junior is the best option. I'm permanently in Dublin and I'm serious about getting back into it so time isn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lobitin

Hi,

I'm looking to train with a football club near to the rathmines area. At the moment I'm lookin to train durin the week with a team to keep fitness up for championship at home. Maybe teams won't want a player who is not playing with their club, but i would be considering joining a team in Dublin next year. Preferably find a club with a decent level of trainin as I have trained before with some junior clubs and only 7 or 8 people wer coming to training!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Lobitin wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to train with a football club near to the rathmines area. At the moment I'm lookin to train durin the week with a team to keep fitness up for championship at home. Maybe teams won't want a player who is not playing with their club, but i would be considering joining a team in Dublin next year. Preferably find a club with a decent level of trainin as I have trained before with some junior clubs and only 7 or 8 people wer coming to training!!

Well I'd be fairly sure the clubs would be happy to have you, another body at training is always welcome I'd say, especially if they think they might get a recruit out of you later. As for the level of training, some clubs really struggle with numbers and others don't, it just seems to be in the culture of the clubs themselves. I couldn't advise you which club will have numbers at it, since I don't play football, but I'd imagine somewhere like Templeogue Synge Street would have a decent enough level and wouldnt be far out of your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eamonnob1

Hi,

23 year old here. Looking to start hurling again - haven't played in about 6 or 7 years. Just moved up to Dublin city centre (Drumcondra area). Looking for as low a level as possible and hopefully build up from there as the fitness comes back. If anyone knows the details of any clubs/trainings nearby then please let me know.

Cheers

eamonnob1 wrote: »
    Hi,

23 year old here. Looking to start hurling again - haven't played in about 6 or 7 years. Just moved up to Dublin city centre (Drumcondra area). Looking for as low a level as possible and hopefully build up from there as the fitness comes back. If anyone knows the details of any clubs/trainings nearby then please let me know.

Cheers

Eamonn,
    Civil Service Hurling Club have 2 teams on the go at different levels of junior. Most peoples standard can be catered for. Based in Islandbridge, at the War Memorial Park. Always actively recruiting. Maybe send me a private message and I can forward you contact details for people

• Advertisement

KK4life wrote: »
    Eamonn,
    Civil Service Hurling Club have 2 teams on the go at different levels of junior. Most peoples standard can be catered for. Based in Islandbridge, at the War Memorial Park. Always actively recruiting. Maybe send me a private message and I can forward you contact details for people

I would second that. Civil service are a fine junior club, good bunch of lads.

I would second that. Civil service are a fine junior club, good bunch of lads.

They will take you too!!!

KK4life wrote: »
    They will take you too!!!

As my name suggests, I already have a club, one that has played civil service every year of its existence, and I look forward to leathering into them again next year!

As my name suggests, I already have a club, one that has played civil service every year of its existence, and I look forward to leathering into them again next year!

Sure the transfer window is slightly ajar so the ground work has to be done now. I wouldn't have expected ya to make the step across anyway. I had the name copped alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Horse4horse

Hi Lads,

I posted here a few month ago about looking for a football club but I had only moved up and had not settled in. Living in Sandyford now and would love to do a bit of winter training? Working just off Stephens green so could go training around the city in the evening if anyone new anywhere?

I never played hurling but would b willing to give it a bash if there was a club interested!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Hi Lads,

I posted here a few month ago about looking for a football club but I had only moved up and had not settled in. Living in Sandyford now and would love to do a bit of winter training? Working just off Stephens green so could go training around the city in the evening if anyone new anywhere?

I never played hurling but would b willing to give it a bash if there was a club interested!

Thanks

Unfortunately most teams will be winding down from around now until January.

Naomh Olaf would be your local club in Sandyford, and play both hurling and football. You could do worse than joining the Ben Dunne there for a couple of months before they get back training.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mitchels hurlers

Anyone moving to the English midlands John Mitchel's hurling and camogie club are always on the lookout for new players. Current Warwickshire hurling champions and London junior camogie runners up. We have a good mixture of local lads and lasses and players from all over Ireland. Contact us at john mitchels gaa on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1 St Brendans Kids GAA

St Brendan's GAA club in Grangegorman
    Boys & girls - Football and Hurling Nursery.
    Bumblebees 4-7 years
    Tigers 8-12 years
    Saturday mornings 10am -12pm - Starting with our open day on 25th October.

St Brendan's GAA club in Grangegorman, serving areas like Grangegorman, Stoneybatter, Arbour Hill and Smithfield, are starting a Juvenile GAA team for both boys and girls ages between 4-12. We will be based in the new DIT campus when it is finished but at the moment we are playing in Longmeadows until Grangegorman is ready. So if you know anyone who has children who would like to play please tell them to join us for some great fun Saturdays. We are meeting at 9.30am Saturday mornings outside the main gates in Grangegorman across from the Clocktower with a bus provided from Grangegorman to Longmeadows until we return to our Grangegorman home shortly.

Please check out St. Brendan's Grangegorman Saturday GAA Club on Facebook or drop us a private mail here if you have questions. Love to see as many kids and parents as possible to come along and check it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

lads a little early on this but the Raheny junior B team (a drinking team with a hurling problem!) are looking to recruit new players for next season, email mikeobriendublin@yahoo.ie for more info.

lads a little early on this but the Raheny junior B team (a drinking team with a hurling problem!) are looking to recruit new players for next season, email mikeobriendublin@yahoo.ie for more info.

Some decent players on that team all the same, had a good game against ye there a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

thanks lads, enjoyed that game too. we will be in touch for a friendly! have the kettle on!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Foxrock Geraldine P. Morans GAA club are always looking for players to bolster our numbers.

Recently made it to the promotion play-offs again and will be hoping to win promotion in consecutive years. We play junior football and have a good mix of local and country lads with a welcome to all, be it to train only or to train and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels 2015
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A(Junior A Championship/Division 6 League),Junior B(Junior D Championship/Division 10 South League)
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior B team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities- floodlite pitch, astro pitch and floodlite training area .

Both Junior teams are looking to progress a step further next year and gain promotion next season. We will be starting training in early January and train every Monday and Wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road and Sunday mornings when have no game. While both teams usually train together The Junior A lads will train at least twice a week and Junior B at least once a week. The season starts in February and usually finishes up in October.

We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal,Sligo,Down& Antrim. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand J.
    We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact

https://www.facebook.com/StJamesGaels
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/home/club-shop

Pre -Season will commence in January

Junior A contact
    aaronirl@hotmail.com Aaron
    Junior B contact
    axelf82@hotmail.com Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mikpen02

What age are you looking for? We are here from America for the next 6 months and I've got an 11 year old son who plays baseball and basketball back home. Would love to get into some sports at his age. Any suggestions?

Heya lads

Is anyone looking to get onto a GAA team for this coming season? We are a junior team in South dublin and we are seriously struggling for numbers.

If you're looking to get back into the game of haven't played before you are very welcome to join us.

We train on Tuesday with matches on Sunday. The standard is not great so all levels of skill and fitness is catered for. First match is this Sunday so dust off the boots and get movin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tommygun88

any body know of hurling clubs around killarney wanting to get back playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

Gael85 wrote: »
    St James Gaels 2015

Club Name:St James Gaels
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore,Rathmines
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A(Junior A Championship/Division 6 League),Junior B(Junior D Championship/Division 10 South League)
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior B team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities- floodlite pitch, astro pitch and floodlite training area .
    Both Junior teams are looking to progress a step further next year and gain promotion next season. We will be starting training in early January and train every Monday and Wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road and Sunday mornings when have no game. While both teams usually train together The Junior A lads will train at least twice a week and Junior B at least once a week. The season starts in February and usually finishes up in October.
    We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal,Sligo,Down& Antrim. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand J.
    We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com
    Pre -Season will commence in January
    Junior A contact
    aaronirl@hotmail.com Aaron
    Junior B contact
    axelf82@hotmail.com Aidan

Were Training Monday nights at 8-30 on Astro in Iveagh Grounds for November and December. Please email for more details axelf82@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10 steno

Erin Go Bragh based in the Clonee/Littlepace/Ongar area of Dublin 15 are looking for adult players fro 2015. Our junior hurlers have had another successful year winning their league for the second year in a row. For the first time ever we have fielded an adult camogie team and since 2009 an adult ladies football team. Our mens football team are currently in the process of rebuilding and also on the lookout for new players.

Anyone interested in playing hurling can contact Karl 0872352074. Our team is made up of local players and players from the hurling counties of Tipperary, Cork, Clare, Laois, Galway as well as the counties of Kildare, Carlow, Meath, Sligo, Mayo and even Kenya. Players of all ability welcome.

Anyone interested in playing football can call George 0879709795. The team is made up of local players and players from Monaghan, Cavan, Kildare, Meath, Donegal, Mayo and even further afield-Wales, Romania, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa. Players of all ability are welcome.

Our adult ladies football and camogie teams are looking for adult players. For more contact John 0872727077 or Kevin 0878220612. We are also setting up a Gaelic4mothers and Others. Its a chance for ladies to play gaelic football in a fun, non – competitive and social environment combined with getting exercise in a fun way and meeting other ladies in the area. Contact Ciara Farrell on 0879147154 for more

For more informaytion on our club go to our website eringobraghgaa.ie or follow us in facebook or twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6 snowballmc

@newportlad

Living in East Wall, moved up from Mayo for work. Would be interested in joining St. Josephs/OCB for the coming season.

Carrying an extra stone/stone and a half but I'd shift it in a month training properly.. Was a decent FUll Forward on club scene until work'/weight took over.

Would you keep me informed as to when training will commence?

@newportlad

Living in East Wall, moved up from Mayo for work. Would be interested in joining St. Josephs/OCB for the coming season.

Carrying an extra stone/stone and a half but I'd shift it in a month training properly.. Was a decent FUll Forward on club scene until work'/weight took over.

• Advertisement

@newportlad

Advertisement