Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Cuban Son

Any updates on the Fitz EOM? would have liked to play this.
    Oh well, there's always The Red Cow on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

not sure paul i got knocked out 12th i think / went on tilt when i lost a big hand... [nothing new there] - didnt stick around to watch the rest, although Dom was still in when i was leaving...
    it got a good turn out...

cheers Wes. Unlucky mate. Dom FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

FITZ SCALPS GAME TONIGHT

Anyone heading in. I need to try to play good poker, played like a muppet last night sigh.

I'd love to smurph, but... well....you know:). Good Luck.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

not sure paul i got knocked out 12th i think / went on tilt when i lost a big hand... [nothing new there] - didnt stick around to watch the rest, although Dom was still in when i was leaving...
    it got a good turn out...
    Good observation there Wes. Note that I have a pot time in this tread of 01:19 though. I went in about 20th.

No scalps for me tonight, it's pints time.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Cuban Son wrote:
    Any updates on the Fitz EOM? would have liked to play this.
    Oh well, there's always The Red Cow on Sunday.

I think this got 83 runners, 20k approx prizepool...I managed to graft my way to 4th..completely card dead from 8 out....The guy who won it last month(Namir I think) was still in..not sure of the other two...

First time I've played this one and surprised at how fast the game was..50 gone in 3-3.5 hours...a bit more play in it than I would have thought....

Cuban Son wrote:
    I'd love to smurph, but... well....you know:). Good Luck.

Sorry, are you barred? bit feck*in stupid if you ask me.

Anyway, see you on Sunday,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

smurph wrote:
    FITZ SCALPS GAME TONIGHT

Anyone heading in. I need to try to play good poker, played like a muppet last night sigh.

been on table 3 and card dead didn't help you...

Ace2007 wrote:
    been on table 3 and card dead didn't help you...

No it wasn't the best table in the world, Kevin Fitzpatrick on my SB, Dom, Liam Barker, etc., etc., Were you at the table? don't know who you are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Can anyone confirm or otherwise if the normal friday night tourney is on tonight?

Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

hehhee, chasing you around boards... the jackpot game IS on. it will be played upstairs in the colossus while the jackpot receives a make over. Lloyd will be donating, I will be winning. my plan is to play a controversial tight game tonight... im sooo excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Going to try and make this tonight, haven't been in a while. There is extra money on the prizepool tonight as well as far as I know and thats not because I will be there, €500 I think

ditpoker wrote:
    hehhee, chasing you around boards... the jackpot game IS on. it will be played upstairs in the colossus while the jackpot receives a make over. Lloyd will be donating, I will be winning. my plan is to play a controversial tight game tonight... im sooo excited!!

u'll be winning so that you can go to the red cow on sunday???

as a side note... i don't much like this "regular tourney discussion" thread. take a wednesday, some people will be playing the se dc, and some will be playing the jackpot 40, some will be playing whatever is on in the fitz... you'll have min 3 conversations going at one time... what is wrong with the way it used to be!?! and when do we stop making sub forums and sub threads. Tournament hand analysis thread? cash hand analysis? se threads,fitx threads, jackpot threads? dealers forums? low stakes, high stakes?!?! i vote for scrapping this "regular tourney discussion" thread if anyone cares...

example: above macspower wants to know if tonights jackpot game is on. say if that had been post 39 and 3 people came onto this thread to discuss who won the fitz EOM and all of a sudden the legitimate question of "is the jackpot game on" has been relegated to a previous page. In order to know to answer it one would have to trawl back a page, and find it in amongst fitz discussion. why cant he just stick up a thread like he did "jackpot friday night?" his thread title explains what its about, if you want to discuss the jackpot game, click on it... if you dont care what happens in the jackpot, dont click it. for me, it makes more sense the old way.

Ace2007 wrote:
    u'll be winning so that you can go to the red cow on sunday???

correct!!! :p its a good plan!!! ... im NOT getting a job!!!!
    digiman wrote:
    Going to try and make this tonight, haven't been in a while. There is extra money on the prizepool tonight as well as far as I know and thats not because I will be there, €500 I think

i think the 500 added only comes into play from august 8th when they re-open the jackpot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

ditpoker wrote:
    as a side note... i don't much like this "regular tourney discussion" thread. take a wednesday, some people will be playing the se dc, and some will be playing the jackpot 40, some will be playing whatever is on in the fitz... you'll have min 3 conversations going at one time... what is wrong with the way it used to be!?! and when do we stop making sub forums and sub threads. Tournament hand analysis thread? cash hand analysis? se threads,fitx threads, jackpot threads? dealers forums? low stakes, high stakes?!?! i vote for scrapping this "regular tourney discussion" thread if anyone cares...

example: above macspower wants to know if tonights jackpot game is on. say if that had been post 39 and 3 people came onto this thread to discuss who won the fitz EOM and all of a sudden the legitimate question of "is the jackpot game on" has been relegated to a previous page. In order to know to answer it one would have to trawl back a page, and find it in amongst fitz discussion. why cant he just stick up a thread like he did "jackpot friday night?" his thread title explains what its about, if you want to discuss the jackpot game, click on it... if you dont care what happens in the jackpot, dont click it. for me, it makes more sense the old way.

Totally agree

I hate agreeing with DIT heads - but this is a very messy thread when looking to see whose going where...

woooo! support!! :p also, lloyd likes this thread.. if ever there was an argument for closing a thread..... well...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,095 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jeff - stfu.

• Advertisement

smurph wrote:
    No it wasn't the best table in the world, Kevin Fitzpatrick on my SB, Dom, Liam Barker, etc., etc., Were you at the table? don't know who you are

Don't you? - i think martin does, but anyway i was on that table - running 5's was my best hand of the nite - to hit quads

yea what a table - don't forget peter hasin was there as well- never going to try rob his BB again - everytime he rerasied me.... ah well - hopefully i'll get ur scaple tonight-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

was gona play the jackpot tonight, left bank card in skerries, drove back, now im too hungover to drive back.

blah

ditpoker wrote:

Hang on, I'll press the magic button that keeps everyone happy. (excuse the overt sarcasm, I'm tired).

This is only on a trial basis initially, and will ask to see what peoples views are in a week roughly.

dying for a pint 5star??? lol :D

5starpool wrote:
    Hang on, I'll press the magic button that keeps everyone happy. (excuse the overt sarcasm, I'm tired).

This is only on a trial basis initially, and will ask to see what peoples views are in a week roughly.

point taken... i'll wait til its voting time! :p you playing the jackpot game dom!? ah go on.. GO ON!!!!

Mr.Plough wrote:
    was gona play the jackpot tonight, left bank card in skerries, drove back, now im too hungover to drive back.

blah

so... you're playing then, right!?

ditpoker wrote:
    so... you're playing then, right!?

yep that sounds like a DIT comment -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ill be in tonight aswell probably adding value as usual

Ace2007 wrote:
    dying for a pint 5star??? lol :D
    I'll be in the pub in 30 mins roughly, so open as many threads as ye want after that :)

(not really though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Ok off to the Jackpot/Collossus for me then... headin out soon... I don't know a lot of your faces so some and say hello... I'm the big lad (but working on it)

Mac

Advertisement