Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

any channels doing HD Premiere League next year ?

Other than Sly

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pal wrote: »
    any channels doing HD Premiere League next year ?

Other than Sly
    Digitalb will be showing EPL in HD, though on what terms is anyones guess at the moment (currently available to Supersport subscribers). Seems to be some confusion over how it will be run/paid for, with talk of needing specific hardware for card-pairing.

Premiere do some HD premiership too AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

byte wrote: »

Premiere do some HD premiership too AFAIK

Dont think so, they only show about 3 german matches over a weekend and the rest of time the channel shows movies.

spoiled for choice this weekend.
    Premiere carrying the big two games live.
    Hope they continue for next season.

New season starts in 2 weeks. Looks like broadly the same line up as last year. Only major change is ART might be back. I hope so. Read that they are getting 1 game a week. Not confirmed yet but I believe it is true. Watch out for Al Jazeera +1+2+3. Something going on there. Setanta have taken their coverage to a new level. Should know more soon about the others once the season begins. Premiere widely expected to tighten up their encryption. Digitalb still looks like the best bet. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

One Saturday gone and we know a little more about the 3pm kickoffs ........

somebody's putting the boot in.

Digitalb - Gone
    Premiere - Gone
    Showtime still about but you need a big big dish so not feasible for most.
    Galaxie still good. ART may be back soon. No sign of Nova yet at 3pm.
    Canal + or Sky Calcio looking the best bets but they cost mad money.
    Stay tuned. We should learn more this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭thomasking22008

Digitalb - Gone
    Premiere - Gone

digitalib superspor will be showing premiership football in end of november under presure from england fa try stop feed channel but i beleve it will be back on premiership

premiere will be showing premiership football this season 3 game 12.45pm 3pm and 5.15pm i still using for long time aswell canal plus and dig tv and art sport may be showing again if supersport not be showing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Has anyone anymore information on what channels show the football? I have been given (if I want it) a 1.1M dish and I would like to get it up for football. I have been noticing pubs around the place are showing games but I can 't seem to find much inforation on what is needed - reciever, card, CAM etc.

Can anyone suggest a good setup?

byte

Best bet would possibly be Sky Italia on Hotbird atm, though subscription prices are quite high. It's a shame that Showtime are on Nilesat, for which we're welll outside the footprint, as they show all FAPL games live.

Check out http://liveonsat.com/today.php for channels that show football. Might give you an idea.

Pubs usually show the football on a channel called Supersport.
    This comes from an Albanian broadcaster called Digitalb.
    Setup is easy.
    You point your dish at 16 east and buy a Digitalb card.
    You will need a suitable sat receiver box.
    One that can handle the encryption system that the card uses.
    This is called Conax.
    Your box ideally will have a card slot that you simply pop the Digitalb card into.
    If your box cannot handle Conax, you would need to buy a cam.
    That said, cams are fairly obselete these days and you shouldn't need one.
    Most well supported boxes should just take the card ok.
    Ask before you buy.
    Digitalb is not too expensive. Couple of hundred tops.
    As previous poster says, Sky Italia is the best but mad money.
    I think about 1000 a year for a card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭shakespeare

realistically...how may games do you get on Sky italia...??? (as a utd fan how many could i expect a season if i spent the money on it)

and also, if i have a plus box...would i just insert the italia card...or do i have to get another dish/move my original dish?

byte

realistically...how may games do you get on Sky italia...??? (as a utd fan how many could i expect a season if i spent the money on it)

and also, if i have a plus box...would i just insert the italia card...or do i have to get another dish/move my original dish?
    To give you an idea, see http://liveonsat.com/daily.php for Daily football, and channels the games are on.

Sky Italia has Sky Sport and Sky Calcio (I believe both are different packages?)

Sky Italia will only work on a Sky Italia box, and needs a dish aligned to Hotbird 13° East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wingnutx0x

Here are some free services I found to check live TV coverage of football matches. You can also find satellite details of the channels at some of the sites. If you have a dish and able to get signal from the satellite (if it is a fta-free to air) you can watch at these channels.

http://www.liveonsat.com (one of my favorite)
    http://www.footballonsat.com (some times they give live links,also satellite details)
    http://www.telefootball.com (gives satellite details too)
    http://www.footballtv4free.com (channel list)
    http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?region=-2 (not perfect but good for Asian matches)

Some times you really need to check all of them because schedule can change during the day.

I hope it will help some of you

Mod Edit: Some links (both same site) removed due to some iffy content regarding PayTV hacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Sky Italia is the best bet for Premiership football. The games shown in the UK in HD are also shown in Italy in HD. Commentary is in both Italian and English. The package required is MONDO + SPORT + CALCIO which costs €56 p.m here in Italy. This also gives you the 3pm saturday games. A Sky Italia HD box is required which costs around €100 but the good news is that there is no monthly HD subscription payment.
    This package also includes many of the other major football leagues around europe.
    Anybody who requires any more info feel free to contact me.
    regards
    D.

byte

denis1501 wrote: »
    Sky Italia is the best bet for Premiership football. The games shown in the UK in HD are also shown in Italy in HD. Commentary is in both Italian and English. The package required is MONDO + SPORT + CALCIO which costs €56 p.m here in Italy. This also gives you the 3pm saturday games. A Sky Italia HD box is required which costs around €100 but the good news is that there is no monthly HD subscription payment.
    This package also includes many of the other major football leagues around europe.
    Anybody who requires any more info feel free to contact me.
    regards
    D.
    Yeah, it's a good package, but one needs an Italian address, or else pay well over the odds to a card reseller.

Also, it's not great for those of us who have a motorised/multisat system, since it needs card paired to Skybox (which don't have DiSEqC/USALS).

Out of curiousity, how many 3pm Saturday games do they air?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Most card resellers will charge between €150 and €200 a year extra but Sky UK charge that a year anyway just for the privilege of having HD!
    There are usually 3 or 4 saturday 3pm games shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

azzeretti wrote: »
    Has anyone anymore information on what channels show the football? I have been given (if I want it) a 1.1M dish and I would like to get it up for football. I have been noticing pubs around the place are showing games but I can 't seem to find much inforation on what is needed - reciever, card, CAM etc.

Can anyone suggest a good setup?
    I'd be really interested in this info too if someone can provide it.
    I'm curious as to whether the same reciever will accept the Digitalb card and the ART one? Is the premiership on ART anymore?

If someone could recommend a non-too-pricey-motorised dish/reciever setup etc or even a good reasonably priced dealer that might put me right would do fine...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭srfc1928

Could anyone recommend a setup for getting Spanish, Italian and German football? Ideally with english commentary

byte

Sky Italia immediately springs to mind, but it's savage expensive (pretty much as expensive as Sky UK & IRL).

Or indeed Premiere, which is now Sky Deutschland/Sky Osterrich.

Digitalb Supersport carries these, usually in English, though their production values are pretty dire at times (occasional missed starts, no audio, poor pic).

One that might be of interest is Al Jazeera Sport. Card is relatively cheap, and does have Spanish and Italian league and it seems Bundesliga too. Seems it may have English commentary too.Linky

Snaps has an AJ card, so might shed more light.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Al jazeera def has Spanish, Italian and SPL but only SPL is in English. The Spanish and Italian will have thier own original language, but you never know they may be like digitalb and carry an English commentry for them.

Get your cards quick lads as prices seem to be shooting up, Art has doubled this week in price. Avergae price for Digitalb is not around 280£ (310€).

Al jazeera will have an HD channel for Champs leaugue as well, but will also show every champ league match which may be handy.

• Advertisement

I'd be really interested in this info too if someone can provide it.
    I'm curious as to whether the same reciever will accept the Digitalb card and the ART one? Is the premiership on ART anymore?

If someone could recommend a non-too-pricey-motorised dish/reciever setup etc or even a good reasonably priced dealer that might put me right would do fine...

Cheers

It seems technomates card slots (When patched) will handle Digitalb, Art, Al jazeera cards and update them. My TM6900's card slot has updated my Cyfra, Art, Al jazeera and TNK card fine.

Ive ran out of card slots now but have all my cards in and working without having to swap.

TM card slot-Art
    Diablo main slot-Al Jazeera
    Diablo sim reader-TNK
    Aston 1.5 cam-Cyfra+ HD card

All seems to be working and not clashing, the TNK is slow to change channels but i can live with that. Had to put Aston cam in top slot and diablo in bottom slot of TM for it all to work perfect.

byte

Excellent post, Snaps. I didn't realise the TM cardreader could update the Cyfra channels. Good to know.

Note that all the Al Jazeera cards available at the moment will exclude access to the new JSC 5-8 channels (these for CL), according to LJ's.

Link

eemmm, not happy if this is true as i brought my card from a reputible dealer that advertised all 10 channels would be available with this card?

Well apparently all cards will work, but the new batch of cards will have an increase in price, some resellers are selling them at 89£ now.

"As far as we know, Al Jazeera new channels and the HD channel will work on all cards there are no new type of cards, they just put the prices slightly up to cover the cost.
    So all existing blue Al Jazeera cards will also work on all new Al Jazeera channels, but all new subscribers will pay slightly more for the card that before.
    UEFA champions league 100% coverage of all games on Al Jazeera sport channels" This was a quote from another forum.

byte

Well, if it's an extra 20 or 30 euro, sure it'd still be worth it, IMO.

byte wrote: »
    Excellent post, Snaps. I didn't realise the TM cardreader could update the Cyfra channels. Good to know.

Note that all the Al Jazeera cards available at the moment will exclude access to the new JSC 5-8 channels (these for CL), according to LJ's.

Link

My diablo also seems to update the subscription status of my cards as well?

byte

snaps wrote: »
    My diablo also seems to update the subscription status of my cards as well?
    Oh. By that reckoning so, I could have Cyfra in my Diablo, and JSC in my TM cardreader. Reading that much about all these channels that I forget which CAM works with which card. Interesting that some sellers insist that the JSC cards won't work in anything except an official France Telecom Viaccess CAM, but you've proved otherwise.

i think the TM's slot is fine for updating. Well the cards come sealed and activate as soon as you put into a receiver. Mine took about 4 mins to activate in the TM's slot and shows 364 days subscription. My cyfra card also updated its subscription date whilst it was in the diablo, but its new home is an astoncypt 1.05 cam, which apparently should be ok as well for updating. Its shows both the SD and the HD subscription status. I do have a old nokia 9800s with embedded Via, which also seems to work well with the Via cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

does anyone have any idea yet how much premiership is going to be shown on the cyfra+ poland multipaket card that people have been talking about? seems like it may be a very interesting option anyway.

byte

does anyone have any idea yet how much premiership is going to be shown on the cyfra+ poland multipaket card that people have been talking about? seems like it may be a very interesting option anyway.
    Don't know at present. Since there's only two sport channels (and a HD one), I'm not convinced they're going to show as much as I'd hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

been looking at the tv guide on their site, but at the moment it only goes as far as 14 august for the sports channels, so hopefully sometime in the next week the guide will be updated and may give us an idea of what'll be on for the first week anyway.

do you have the card already byte? do most of the movies have english audio? if they do then at least if the sport side doesn't work out too well, all will not be lost!

Advertisement