Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photoshop help

• 22-05-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I want to make my own background for my website I'm using adobe photoshop I have a number of images that I would like to put into one something simlar to the link and I would also like to darken the image similar to the link.

How do I do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

You'll need to use layer masks.

See this tutorial

If you find using layer masks to hard to use, you could simply have each image in a layer, then use a really soft edged eraser on the upper layers.

To darken the image either use the brightness and contrast sliders or look into Levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    To darken the image either use the brightness and contrast sliders or look into Levels.

"Curves" works better than brightness/contrast, and is less destructive than Levels.

Advertisement