Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the demonstration software commonly seen on youtube?

• 08-05-2010 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I would like to know what piece of software is this guy using in this youtube clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3TNZWAcsfE

If you watch it for a few seconds you will see how he talks his way through what he's doing , while showing us at the same time. It's like the person watching is looking over his shoulder... There is software that can do this, but I don't know what it's called or if it costs??

Thanks for your help,

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Theres a few of them, heres 3 i can think of off the top of my head. Most have trial versions if you want to give them a go first.

Captivate
    Camstudio
    RoboDemo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I've tested many and Camtasia is by far the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

I'd say its Adobe Flash. Part of the Adobe CS. Have Adobe CS5 myself. Its very expensive but also extremely good.

Here's a video that shows the new features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfkjHnsAsvg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its not Adobe Flash. The software he uses is a screen capture software that records the actions the user makes on the screen. There are a number of them that all do the same thing as per the advice above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement