Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skydive 4 charity?

• 23-01-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I am interested in doing a skydive for charity and wondering what the most reputable company would be. Have come across this one
    http://www.skydiveireland.ie/packages-charity.php

and the skydive only costs €250, the rest goes to charity.

Any other better places or is this decent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

There are these guys as well. They are around over 50 years and have huge experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Both are good, but ask yourself, does the fifty year old crowd have fifty year old attitudes. Also which one has the most modern aircraft and equipment?

There is no unsafe skydiving outfit in Ireland. Skydiving is a safe sport. Thousands of people have jumped safely with SkydiveIreland in the last few years 100% and they are the busiest dropzone in the country.

Speaks for itself really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

One of the big difference between the two places appart from the experience level is the fact that the plane in the IPC is a turbine. This means it goes to 13,000 feet as opposed to 10,000 with skydive Ireland. This will make no difference if you intend to do a static line jump, however it makes a significant difference on a tandem or AFF jump. An extra 15ish seconds free fall to learn your skills or just absorb the experience.

Where ever you pick it will be one of the best experiences of your life.

Does it always go to 13000 for tandems?????:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

I did a 10,000 tandem on holidays. Brilliant buzz but raging I didn't get photo's or dvd. Didn't get them cause we did it on last eve on holidays and no money left :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BAKER95

not an answer to your question but I am doing a skydive for charity next month and fair play to you man , good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

for the op : 250euros is very decent I think. Also, for another 100euros you can have have your jump recorded ;)

Best of Luck to all posting in here doing a skydive for charity.

I've my own skydive coming up in May :eek: :D , seriously looking forward to it!

There are jumps going for €200. I might even do one myself at that price. On the other hand, maybe not.:eek:

Advertisement