Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I think it's more like March considering we haven't started the beta yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Beta is this year... I would expect it around Winter, then an early 2015 launch to hype the **** out of that Warcraft movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah I'd probably bet a winter beta, with a release around March/April.

They seem to be pushing home the point they want faster turnaround on expansions, and that this has been in the works for some time already. so I think we can expect the release to come quicker also.

In reality, there is definitely not a years worth of content at present, and with no content patch forthcoming, no way they would let the playerbase hang until November next year.

To be honest the content will be exhausted to the max end of this year, so even March is a bit of a delay, where everything WoD will feel and be very stale by then.

Agreed on the march probably being a bit too long , people are so hungry for new content the devs got themselves into more hot water for the crsppy q and a at the end of gamescom.

I'm certain of one thing to stop the sub drop blizzcon better not be metzen talking out his hole as the patience afforded to blizz as a dev is no longer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is March not a massive gap again, I realize its not the 18 month slog that was SoO but still, with sub numbers dropping this expansion really needs to hit it on the head, and soon.

• Advertisement

They need at least 5 months of beta testing , March is on the conservative side it could be sooner but don't see it before Christmas .

Me either, unless they have been in closed/internal BETA for a while i'm not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Vicxas wrote: »
    Im assuming we're looking at a November release again.

Plenty of time to justify spending all my money on warcraft again hehe

Blizzard already f*cked up big time by releasing two tiers in one year (due to the amount of work holidays people can take) and one of those tiers being a combined total of 17 bosses (kinda). No way they will release anything else this year. The game isn't even in beta anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Blizzard already f*cked up big time by releasing two tiers in one year (due to the amount of work holidays people can take) and one of those tiers being a combined total of 17 bosses (kinda). No way they will release anything else this year. The game isn't even in beta anyway.

:confused:

WoW isn't >18 years old, two tiers a year isn't exactly new :p T17 was a pretty big tier with said 17 bosses but there was a fair old gap from 5.4 to 6.0 and again from then until 6.2 hit :p

Besides after 5.4 I suspect if they left 18 months between PvE tiers again people would be murdering Blizzard employees in the streets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Game has been in Alpha for a while before the announcement, so testing has been going on.

Blizzard will have probably little to no interest in how Mythic raiders can manage their work calendars in regards of their release schedule.

The alpha and beta will be shorter and faster then before. Legion is coming quicker then before, as will all the expansions afterwards.

We need to forget everything before in terms of release, there is a new release plan, and they are no doubt going to try be optimistic in getting it out early.

Now knowing alpha is underway, and it might have even gone into first closed beta, they could well be pushing for this side of Xmas, but February/March much more realistic.

• Advertisement

I'm sure this side of Xmas is a must for their shareholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

announced for "on or before" september 2016 https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3rpe21/legion_battlenet_background_image_leak/

hopefully well before September seeing as there will be no more raid content released during WOD

fiinch wrote: »
    announced for "on or before" september 2016 https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3rpe21/legion_battlenet_background_image_leak/

hopefully well before September seeing as there will be no more raid content released during WOD

This annoyed me, if its September its damn well near that 18 month since the last raid content, which Blizz said they were explicitly trying to avoid.

March would have been perfect, but noooooooo...

Edit: So we got a thinly veiled release date of "Summer" for Legion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Came back to WoW there recently and discovered that ELVUI had been wiped from my addons and I had to start over - Not good.

Then i completely forgot how to play any of my classes - Also, not good.

And my Sub Rogue is now bottom of the DPS charts in raids - Embarrasing.

God, I must love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

ElvUI + Skullflower's UI is your only man, Vicxas. Superb raid UI.

Ah never heard of the Skullflower UI, ill give it a bash later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

sub rogues are in a great place at the moment as well, as long as you have 4 set and class trinket + soul capacitor you should be topping any single target fight

fiinch wrote: »
    sub rogues are in a great place at the moment as well, as long as you have 4 set and class trinket + soul capacitor you should be topping any single target fight

Too bad i don't have any of the set yet. Gonna keep plugging away at it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Reading some of the lore on the game today, and now i kind of want to resubscribe :/

• Advertisement

I have bought the new chronicles book from blizzard which expands the lore it's quite good. Right now things are slow enough.

I'm mainly doing achievement hunting and lore stuff, bought another battered hilt as example.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I have bought the new chronicles book from blizzard which expands the lore it's quite good. Right now things are slow enough.

I'm mainly doing achievement hunting and lore stuff, bought another battered hilt as example.

I've gotten so annoyed with the queue times in LFR and the requirements of normal raid finder that i decided to roll a healer, level her and ill probably get into a normal before my mage does... :mad:

I pre-ordered Legion today, as i've been playing it casually for the last few weeks. Been levelling my Warlock mostly, while also trying to grind the Draenor flying achievement (takes way too long for my liking) with my Paladin. Also leveling another Rogue from time to time as well, as i really enjoy the playstyle.

Nice to get the free lvl100 boost, though i've no idea what class to use it on. Mage or Warrior maybe.

Kiith wrote: »
    I pre-ordered Legion today, as i've been playing it casually for the last few weeks. Been levelling my Warlock mostly, while also trying to grind the Draenor flying achievement (takes way too long for my liking) with my Paladin. Also leveling another Rogue from time to time as well, as i really enjoy the playstyle.

Nice to get the free lvl100 boost, though i've no idea what class to use it on. Mage or Warrior maybe.

Mage are great fun, as are warrior. Depends on what you want to be. A glass canon of death or a facerolling lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Pretty horrible news that basically one of the first things you do in Legion is end up at another bloody Garrison table for your "Champions" in the order halls. Does not sound like a great start for the expansion if the first thing they can think of to do is re-skin the garrison command table. :(

I actually liked the idea of Garrisons, they just implemented it badly. If they take what they've learned from WoD, they can hopefully turn it into something that's not just a boring daily grind. I like the idea of the Artifact weapons, and some of them look extremely cool. Plus, you can transmog them if you don't want to have the same looking weapon as everyone else. Animation changes are also greatly needed.

Used my boost to get a Rogue to 100, and just got my Warlock up now. Got some Baleful gear with the Rogue easily, but it's tougher with the lock as i actually have to fight enemies around the treasures :P Will level my Hunter (curently at lvl90) and either a Shaman or Warrior next.

I love my Rogue but Sub is just an awful spec to play lately.

In Legion its meant to be a million times better.

Interesting, they must have really improved it because the rogue community were up in arms about a month or so back.

Legion has a release date:
    Defenders of the Alliance and the Horde—a great and ancient enemy has set its sights on Azeroth once more, and soon the land will be consumed in a storm of fel fire. Starting on August 30, kingdoms will burn, heroes will fall, and the world will stand on the precipice of destruction with the launch of World of Warcraft: Legion!

All hellfire is about to break loose, so steel yourself for the return of the Burning Legion by pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Legion digitally at www.wowlegion.com. Players who pre-purchase will receive an instant level-100 character boost, as well as unlock early access to the new Demon Hunter hero class prior to the expansion’s release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Only a year of 5.2.

Advertisement