Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consciousness shift 2012

• 13-04-2012 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Dont know where else to post this. Around the middle of january meself and one the lads noticed a weirdness about everybody. A weird buzz. Since then ive been talking to others who have noticed the same. And i feel it in myself aswell. Since then ive been interested in a few theorys about the 2012 phenomenon (timewave zero, consciousness evolution/singularity)

Could this really be happening? Has anybody else noticed the weirdness about everything the last while?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/consciousness-shift-may-affect-you.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

The only thing Ive noticed over the past few years is that its finally dawning on people that the country, and europe, is in the ****. Theres plenty of information out there to debunk pretty much everything about the mayan 2012 thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I don't believe in any of the 'it's 2012 - we're facing impending doom, as predicted by the Mayans' crap, but I've noticed that people (as in, the general public) have been more visibly considerate and compassionate, even. Sure, aggressive consumerism is still there, but I think some of the 'edge' or harshness has faded amongst people in general.

Now, I really don't know whether or not that has anything to do with some people actually believing the world will end ("I better be nice to people now because I want to go to heaven when the world ends in December"), but I have noticed it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

Iv had a huge consciousness shift happen to me over the last few months so iv no doubt that something is happening.Its not the end of the world,its a peak in universal energy that has been going on for a while and next year it will level off and receed.(that what i was told by an expert in this energy)
    Most people wont feel much because you have to be open to this energy to feel it.
    Your mind is like a parachute,it doesnt work properly until its fully open so open it up and dont waste this opportunity to learn and evolve your mind.

I read or heard that there is also a big clean up going on of the souls/energies of the dead who havnt moved on to where there supposed to go.So from next year on there should be a big decrease in paranormal activity if its all true.
    That will put an end to this paranormal section of boards.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is this just some nonsense reaction to the world not ending in 2012 as predicted by the Mayan prophesy-enthusiasts? "Oh no, we meant the world as we know it!"

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    Is this just some nonsense reaction to the world not ending in 2012 as predicted by the Mayan prophesy-enthusiasts? "Oh no, we meant the world as we know it!"

The mayans never predicted the end of the world.Author Jose Arguelles predicted the end of the world in 1987 to sell a book.The consciousness shift has nothing to do with the mayans
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/mayans-didnt-predict-end-of-world.aspx?pageID=238&nID=8322&NewsCatID=375

I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

gillad wrote: »
    I read or heard that there is also a big clean up going on of the souls/energies of the dead who havnt moved on to where there supposed to go.So from next year on there should be a big decrease in paranormal activity if its all true.

Source?

I'm sorry, but the scientist in me is very upset at the complete and utter lack of anything even bearing the slightest resemblance to evidence. This whole thing seems to me to be standard progression of humanity, and people are only noticing because of the fact that the world has pretty much gone to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Where did you read this?

I dont remember where i got that info and its a crazy idea, but if it were true it would be a huge benefit to the world."Spirit attachment" is an underlying cause of a lot of sickness and depression.We would be much better off if they moved on.
    http://www.spiritrelease.com/review_spiritrelease.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭squonk

Ah seriously? Is that like five or six burly celestial gardai walking up to spirits saying 'Come on now bucko! We've been watching you for the last while. You'll have to be on your way now or we'll have to charge you with loitering?'.

As for the buzz around everybody... Seriously, I thought the title of the thread was for a paranormal conference or something. I don't see any buzz, just a lot of pissed off people who are paying out more money and more afraid of losing their jobs.

This makes the scientist in me very mad. It's amazing how gullible some people are!

"Ah seriously? Is that like five or six burly celestial gardai walking up to spirits saying 'Come on now bucko! We've been watching you for the last while. You'll have to be on your way now or we'll have to charge you with loitering?'. "

Thats just a dumb response and doesnt do anything for this thread

"I don't see any buzz, just a lot of pissed off people who are paying out more money and more afraid of losing their jobs.
    This makes the scientist in me very mad. It's amazing how gullible some people are!"

You have a pessimistic view and are easily maddened and upset by other peoples views and thats a bad way to be.I respect everyones views and i dont ridicule them because i was the same as you a few months ago and i dont get upset if i hear something that i dont understand.I have a very positive view on life now and i like to share what i learn.If you agree with the way i think"THATS FINE"....if you dont agree"THATS FINE TOO"...i dont care either way because im happier than ever now because of the knowledge iv gained:):):)

^
    I just like to know the truth and understand the world as it actually is. I'll deal with the emotional repercussions of that in my own way.

Dave! wrote: »
    ^
    I just like to know the truth and understand the world as it actually is. I'll deal with the emotional repercussions of that in my own way.

Im the same,Im looking for the truth and trying to understand everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Im the same,Im looking for the truth and trying to understand everything.

Thats a big ask. Theres this guy called Stephen Hawkins doing the same, you should look him up. Personally i think this thread is either a troll job or you are a bit crazy. Stop thinking too much man it will do you good.

Thats a big ask. Theres this guy called Stephen Hawkins doing the same, you should look him up. Personally i think this thread is either a troll job or you are a bit crazy. Stop thinking too much man it will do you good.

All ways of thinking that dont fit with the norm are considered crazy until proven.The world is round.The earth revolves around the sun are some.
    Thinking about everything has done me the world of good man:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I very much doubt starving children in third world countries are feeling any consciousness shift, or the likes of people in Syria, Bahrain, & all the many many many other places on Earth where there is horrendous suffering going on this very minute.

As for the 'clean up' notion, that's a tough one to latch onto for me.

The clean up notion is a tough one to believe and im unsure about it.I heard it somewhere and decided to post it.
    Im sure that there are people in all parts of the world feeling this regardless of war or famine.You will feel it/know it whether your suffering or not.

The clean up notion is a tough one to believe and im unsure about it.I heard it somewhere and decided to post it.
    Im sure that there are people in all parts of the world feeling this regardless of war or famine.You will feel it/know it whether your suffering or not.

I know you or someone mentioned you have to be 'open to it' to feel it. But that's just it, if your feeling positive & open to it, to me that means your already content & well. Would suffering people who feel despair/yearning for better be considered open to it? If so, there's many out there it's skipping.

I'm not shooting down the idea at all, it's a tough one to believe in though

EnterNow wrote: »
    I know you or someone mentioned you have to be 'open to it' to feel it. But that's just it, if your feeling positive & open to it, to me that means your already content & well. Would suffering people who feel despair/yearning for better be considered open to it? If so, there's many out there it's skipping.

People that are open already have been feeling this for a while.I wasnt content and well when i started exploring this new way of thinking but i am now because of it.This is only the beginning and its going to take a long long time for the whole human race to understand so its going to skip most of the worlds population for now(it may be picking people that are not afraid to spread the word).Science will prove it eventually but at the moment science doesnt understand the power of the conscious and subconscious and i think over 90% of the brain/mind is subconscious so we have lots to learn about ourselves

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »

I'm not sure about all this either, but one thing I would say is that the newly-acquired 'spiritual openness' (for lack of a more appropriate term) doesn't just cover feeling positive all of a sudden. I think it might have more to do with being more aware, seeing reality for what it is (both good and bad), and thus finding a sort of liberation in that, irrespective of your material circumstances.

I know there are a lot of places that are going through a horrendous time at the moment but, in Bahrain, for instance, thousands there are fighting for their rights against all odds. Just today, tends of thousands of Bahraini people spilled out on to a highway, demanding the Formula One tournament to be halted as a demonstration of the people's anger at the government-led dissent and violence there. There have been clashes between protestors and the police every day for months, but people still haven't given up their fight for democracy. One jailed activist has been on a two-month hunger strike.

I think that, as bad as things are, it's good to see that all these people finally have the balls to stand up and say what they want after years of being under the thumb of corrupt and oppressive political rule.

Maybe that's what the consciousness shift is all about? People are seeing things with more clarity and are willing to try to make necessary changes for the better in their own communities.

I'm not sure about all this either, but one thing I would say is that the newly-acquired 'spiritual openness' (for lack of a more appropriate term) doesn't just cover feeling positive all of a sudden. I think it might have more to do with being more aware, seeing reality for what it is (both good and bad), and thus finding a sort of liberation in that, irrespective of your material circumstances.

I know there are a lot of places that are going through a horrendous time at the moment but, in Bahrain, for instance, thousands there are fighting for their rights against all odds. Just today, tends of thousands of Bahraini people spilled out on to a highway, demanding the Formula One tournament to be halted as a demonstration of the people's anger at the government-led dissent and violence there. There have been clashes between protestors and the police every day for months, but people still haven't given up their fight for democracy. One jailed activist has been on a two-month hunger strike.

I think that, as bad as things are, it's good to see that all these people finally have the balls to stand up and say what they want after years of being under the thumb of corrupt and oppressive political rule.

Maybe that's what the consciousness shift is all about? People are seeing things with more clarity and are willing to try to make necessary changes for the better in their own communities.

Exellent post that describes part of what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

I think that a lot of what's going on might also be due to the fact that people are simply fed up with how everything's working and as they are feeling more stressed out and frustrated they finally go back to paying attention to things people used to know and care about - like spirituality in a sense of paying attention to your inner self again, listening to the world around you, trying to see things in different ways ...

I'm neither denying nor confirming that there's something going on on a spiritual level, but I wonder whether people are acting differently because something is going on or if this "something" isn't actually people finally starting to think differently and this manifesting on the general spiritual level of the world.

Maybe that's what the consciousness shift is all about?

Very good points, I never thought of it that way.

kickarykee wrote: »
    I think that a lot of what's going on might also be due to the fact that people are simply fed up with how everything's working and as they are feeling more stressed out and frustrated they finally go back to paying attention to things people used to know and care about - like spirituality in a sense of paying attention to your inner self again, listening to the world around you, trying to see things in different ways ...

I'm neither denying nor confirming that there's something going on on a spiritual level, but I wonder whether people are acting differently because something is going on or if this "something" isn't actually people finally starting to think differently and this manifesting on the general spiritual level of the world.

Yeah, I'd say a lot of people are realising the truth in the old cliche "Money can't buy you happiness" and are streamlining their lives and readjusting their values as a result.

I suppose many millions of people have spent hundreds of years giving their power away to people they thought they could trust, i.e. governments, and, having seen that all politicians are untrustworthy, they're taking back their power again. There might be more governing done in local communities, at grassroots level, in the not-too-distant future; at least that way, the people can keep a close eye on what exactly is being done and spent supposedly on their behalf.

Advertisement