Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand bikes Limerick or surrounds?

• 24-02-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Anyone in the know?

- I'd have posted on the cycling forum but it tends to be a little bit dub centric......

Just looking for something for the odd spin around, mountain bike I reckon..... Would travel a bit if there was a deal going......

Thanks folks, keep it up you're all doing great, you guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Havent been myself, but i understand most larger gardai stations like henry street have unclaimed bikes to be sold, might be an idea to have a look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

phill106 wrote: »
    Havent been myself, but i understand most larger gardai stations like henry street have unclaimed bikes to be sold, might be an idea to have a look at?

No way? No wonder they can afford all those motorbikes, jeeps and doughnuts etc. :eek:

- Thanks for the suggestion Philip, but I'd hate to be encouraging the Gardaí to be wasting time and making handy money hawking bikes with the state our City is in..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

You should try http://www.ballyhourabikehire.ie/home.html too. They often sell off their Ex-hire bikes. Might have some good deals.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

The local bike shops usually tale trade ins this time of year, might be worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

h3000 wrote: »
    You should try http://www.ballyhourabikehire.ie/home.html too. They often sell off their Ex-hire bikes. Might have some good deals.

They're quite good bikes and quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭moby2101

Worth checking out Tri Bikes in Raheen, Bike Shop on O Connel Av and Siopa Rothar on John St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Try Adverts.ie, Donedeal.. Got mine off one of them. Donedeal usually is more active and if you're willing to travel a bit to pick something up then there's a lot to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

They're quite good bikes and quite expensive.

True that alright.

Not too sure how much they sell them off for but I would say you'd get a great bargain (for the quality) all the same.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭brianhickey

Croom Cycle Centre always has a lot of second-hand bikes for sale at decent prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Raiser wrote: »
    Anyone in the know?

- I'd have posted on the cycling forum but it tends to be a little bit dub centric......

Just looking for something for the odd spin around, mountain bike I reckon..... Would travel a bit if there was a deal going......

Thanks folks, keep it up you're all doing great, you guys :D

I have a mountain bike here (Castletroy) if you were interested in it, if you want, I could take a few pictures and send them to you, I wouldn't be looking for much money for it either. Grand bike for getting around.

Thanks for all the replies on this Folks - Will check it out so.

- Andrew can you stick a photo up here please? Use Tinypic.com - takes 2 mins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Raiser wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies on this Folks - Will check it out so.

- Andrew can you stick a photo up here please? Use Tinypic.com - takes 2 mins!
    Hey Raiser,

This is the same bike, rooted a picture online, I can upload real photos of it this evening when I get home.
    http://fwd.channel5.com/upload/0610/8895/trax_size_10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Cycle Shop at the top of Roches St. (near Parnell St. corner) is advertising second hand bikes.

Hey Raiser,

This is the same bike, rooted a picture online, I can upload real photos of it this evening when I get home.
    http://fwd.channel5.com/upload/0610/8895/trax_size_10.jpg

Will leave it Andrew - Thanks anyhow and hope you find a buyer soon.
    europa11 wrote: »
    Cycle Shop at the top of Roches St. (near Parnell St. corner) is advertising second hand bikes.

Will check it out - Thanks for the tip.

Advertisement