Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 and Ps4 battlefield 4 thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I will be on tonight, had a rare night off last night.

Skip; I didn't play SP yet really, letting my nine year old (yes I know it is an 18s game!) play it for me... really cant be arsed.

Also on vehicle unlocks; way too fast compared to BF3.

I have as many kills in the Scout choppers already compared to 20 times more game time in BF3... wierd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The SP does give unlocks for multiplayer, it may be worth suffering through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

anyone on like .. now? My two days off are mondays and tuesdays and no one is ever online then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Timmyctc wrote: »
    anyone on like .. now? My two days off are mondays and tuesdays and no one is ever online then :(

Gonna jump on shortly timmy , will be on for a bit during the day tomorow aswell

I was on last night but didn't see anyone...

Made mince meat of them:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/4/402906866828175744/278703154/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I was in that game for about a minute moz, connection was shocking for me so I didn't stay. pity, looked like a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Is there a list anywhere of what maps contain air vehicles. I'm assuming that none of the rush maps have anything other than little birds and transport choppers. I've played about 5 minutes in an attack chopper in a game of obliteration, and I don't think I've seen a plane I can spawn into even once!

There's also an AC-130 listed on the battlelog; I assume this works similar to BF3, and it comes into play when a certain conquest point is captured?

chickenboy wrote: »
    Is there a list anywhere of what maps contain air vehicles. I'm assuming that none of the rush maps have anything other than little birds and transport choppers. I've played about 5 minutes in an attack chopper in a game of obliteration, and I don't think I've seen a plane I can spawn into even once!

There's also an AC-130 listed on the battlelog; I assume this works similar to BF3, and it comes into play when a certain conquest point is captured?

Dawnbreaker has attack chopper on attacking side ,and a jet for defenders on the last set of mcomm's , Dev's must have have been drunk when they thought of this , its impossible to fly a jet on that map without crashing into a building .

I think the AC-130 id deployed by the commander AFAIK

djskip316i wrote: »
    Dawnbreaker has attack chopper on attacking side ,and a jet for defenders on the last set of mcomm's , Dev's must have have been drunk when they thought of this , its impossible to fly a jet on that map without crashing into a building .

I think the AC-130 id deployed by the commander AFAIK

Good piloting last night I have to say! I can't fly for toffee, I think most of my helicopter points so far have from sitting in and being the repair b*tch!

Also, obliteration could do with some sort of timer sometimes; I was fatigued by the end of that last game!

Also, obliteration could do with some sort of timer sometimes; I was fatigued by the end of that last game!

No way, that last game was epic! 50+ mins of carnage and it never felt boring or like a stalemate.
    Would have been on the same team as ye, but I froze just after skip joined and could only get back in on the opposite team.
    Still good craic, even if we did get a bit of a hammering in the first few games :)

• Advertisement

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    No way, that last game was epic! 50+ mins of carnage and it never felt boring or like a stalemate.
    Would have been on the same team as ye, but I froze just after skip joined and could only get back in on the opposite team.
    Still good craic, even if we did get a bit of a hammering in the first few games :)

It was a fantastic match, very even right until the end when we fell apart a bit. It was just my bed and the need for a smoke were calling to me, but I wasn't willing to just quit out! :)

The only thing pissing me off was the bomb glitch where it teleports across the map if it's dropped in water - really annoying at times.

Might try a bit of rush tonight if you're about, haven't played too much of it yet.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Might try a bit of rush tonight if you're about, haven't played too much of it yet.

Probably on for a little bit this evening. And have the day off tomorrow so may try and blitz through the single player!

Good piloting last night I have to say! I can't fly for toffee, I think most of my helicopter points so far have from sitting in and being the repair b*tch!

Must say the games last night were epic , That game on zavod 311 was my fav , thanks the help with the repairs , My ears are still ringing from all those stinger lock-on's , Nice shot with the RPG whoever took me out on flood zone ,

Probably on for a little bit this evening. And have the day off tomorrow so may try and blitz through the single player!

I wouldnt bother with single slayer until its patched , its not saving for a lot of people .

djskip316i wrote: »
    My ears are still ringing from all those stinger lock-on's , Nice shot with the RPG whoever took me out on flood zone ,

Both me :) Went stinger mad on zavod, still couldn't kill ya with your pesky engineer repairing.
    I'd love to claim the RPG shot as skill, but it was more a fire and hope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone with BF4 for the PS3 and are planning to upgrade it to the PS4 version with Gamestop, get your ass into Gamestop now as today is the last day that they will do the upgrade.

Just found out myself today, cos in the small writing it says that Gamestop can change the 30 day bring it back upgrade to less than 30 days if they want.

You've been warned!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

hallo dare wrote: »
    Anyone with BF4 for the PS3 and are planning to upgrade it to the PS4 version with Gamestop, get your ass into Gamestop now as today is the last day that they will do the upgrade.

Just found out myself today, cos in the small writing it says that Gamestop can change the 30 day bring it back upgrade to less than 30 days if they want.

You've been warned!!!!

Cant you upgrade digitally anyway? for cheaper than Gamestop were charging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

You can, for E5 less than Gamestop, but i wouldn't give them the privilege of telling you that you can't upgrade now after telling you that you can when you go in to upgrade.

I am doing that, any disadvantages apart from lack of resale value which doesn't bother me?

• Advertisement

I agree with timer. Played Obliteration Locker the other day, 45 mins in and no bombs detonated. It was boring Abd headache inducing so I half packed it in and eventually they won after 70 mins. It was terrible in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Keeps crashing for me today. Very frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I must say I havent had the crashing issues since day 1 :D

Johnny Adidas, did we win Paracel Stormin the end, surely? I had to bail, 5 day old son summoned me

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Knockmealdown Shepherd

mozattack wrote: »
    I am doing that, any disadvantages apart from lack of resale value which doesn't bother me?

The Americans that did this on the 15th were complaining of ridiculous download times. Some were taking 2 or 3 days. It had nothing to do with internet connection either.

That's the only disadvantage i heard.

If you're expecting to pick up the controller and start shooting straight away its a bit of pain

I must say that last game i played , was the most enjoyable yet , hit a 750metre headshot and all .

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/4/405820866204397760/835332022/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Johnny Adidas, did we win Paracel Stormin the end, surely? I had to bail, 5 day old son summoned me

Yeah we got there in the end! We wouldve still be stuck on the first base except for your trojan work.

I played another game or two after that I think but i quit after managing to get into a building next to the objective on Golmud Railway, and the rest of the squad not bothering to use the spawn with limited tickets left :mad:

I agree with timer. Played Obliteration Locker the other day, 45 mins in and no bombs detonated. It was boring Abd headache inducing so I half packed it in and eventually they won after 70 mins. It was terrible in the end.

I haven't played in a few days, but according to the battlelog forums they've implemented a 20 minute timer? Which is too short in my opinion. I would've thought 40 minutes to an hour would be perfect!

Played 7 or so Obliteration games today and the timer works well. Not o e game was stalemate and there is less camping and defensive play.

Love it!

• Advertisement

How's everyone getting on with next gen BF4. Wow. Conquest large is why it is all about.
    Ps4 is so smooth and the graphics are epic

Advertisement