Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEDx Dublin

• 26-04-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I think this is the right place for this. TEDx comes to Dublin on September 14th this year with 15 speakers discussing topics around science, architecture and art, among others.

Speakers here - http://www.tedxdublin.com/speakers/

Tickets are out today, and at an early bird rate of €20. I've picked up 2. Something different if anyone is stuck for something to do in 5 months time :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I think this is the right place for this. TEDx comes to Dublin on September 14th this year with 15 speakers discussing topics around science, architecture and art, among others.

Speakers here - http://www.tedxdublin.com/speakers/

Tickets are out today, and at an early bird rate of €20. I've picked up 2. Something different if anyone is stuck for something to do in 5 months time :)

Are these the speakers for 2013?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ Sloan Ashy Drywall

No, that seems to be a link to details of last year's conference. Couldn't find any info myself on this year's event. Picked up 2 tickets anyway, bound to be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can't see the site in work.

Do you buy the tickets from the website or is it somewhere else?

Orim wrote: »
    Can't see the site in work.

Do you buy the tickets from the website or is it somewhere else?

Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

No, that seems to be a link to details of last year's conference. Couldn't find any info myself on this year's event. Picked up 2 tickets anyway, bound to be interesting!

Good spot - I had just assumed they were the speakers for this year. Should definitely be interesting in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Went last year. It was awful. Most definitely won't be going back.

Listening to an artist ****e on about how great her own work is (she wanted to design a golden submarine and put a human heart inside it and hang it from the ceiling for some cathedral - I **** you not), a few very very mediocre speakers, some absolutely ****e band that obviously had links to the organisers coupled with one or two genuinely interesting speakers. It lasted for about 6 hours as well.

It really reminded me of the Science Gallery. You think it's going to be cool and interesting but it's just crappy art dressed up in some sham shroud of science. Not surprising as it is run in collaboration with the Gallery. Avoid.

bleg wrote: »
    Went last year. It was awful. Most definitely won't be going back.

Listening to an artist ****e on about how great her own work is (she wanted to design a golden submarine and put a human heart inside it and hang it from the ceiling for some cathedral - I **** you not), a few very very mediocre speakers, some absolutely ****e band that obviously had links to the organisers coupled with one or two genuinely interesting speakers. It lasted for about 6 hours as well.

It really reminded me of the Science Gallery. You think it's going to be cool and interesting but it's just crappy art dressed up in some sham shroud of science. Not surprising as it is run in collaboration with the Gallery. Avoid.

That sounds disappointing. I already have tickets so gonna go anyway. Hopefully it will be better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bagheera_123

Hi - I'm looking for one ticket for this event. If anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

I too would love a ticket if there's any spare ones going. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Some of the line-up for this year if anyone's interested.

http://www.tedxdublin.com/2013-speakers/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 clarife

Looking for two tickets for this if anyone has any spare, have been keeping an eye out months & still managed to miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JPROD

I could do with a couple too if anyone knows where to get any.

I emailed the Bord Gais a couple of weeks ago seeing if I could get them there and they said there were a couple left and directed me to ticketmaster but I had already tried there and couldn't get any..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daviddotshaw

I could do with a couple of tickets too if anyone can help.

Advertisement