Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

North County Spin this Sunday

Options
  • 27-03-2015 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Just gonna see if there is any interest for this considering there is no racing to be had this weekend and it's Classics season in Belgium.

A trip across the boulevards* of North County Dublin!
    **Get your good bike and best wheels out to see the grandiose views of North County Dublin.
    Soft country lanes. Fabulous views and maybe a coffee and cake stop.
    What better way to spend a Sunday Morning!!!!

*We wont be anywhere near a boulevard of any description.
    ** Unless you can afford to replace your best wheels and bike then dont bring them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Down the country. Would have been on that spin like a rash if I was around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Well if the racing situation doesnt get sorted it may become a regular feature!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Was out practising on the cross bike only this morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If I can get the missus to green light the expedition!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

60+ km/h westerly winds forecast for late Sunday morning (wouldn't worry too much about the views as you probably won't see much beyond the fallen trees and flying branches).

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    60+ km/h westerly winds forecast for late Sunday morning (wouldn't worry too much about the views as you probably won't see much beyond the fallen trees and flying branches).

This is a bcmf spin, 60kph winds have nothing on the sinkholes, cobbles, and clusterbombed pave of NCD!

Beasty wrote: »

Its the rain that I am getting excited about!

The route I had planned is Round Towers SS - across to Lusk via Kilhedge Lane- Down over the railway bridge and a sharp left and all the way across to Loughshinny - out onto Loughsjinny and up towrds Lusk/Skerries road but take another left back down towards Lusk - Lusk to Quickpenny road and a sharp right then left down to 5 roads - 5 roads across Jordanstown to Courtlough - Courtlough across towards Bog - M1 bridge sharp right up towards Delahasey- Towards Naul but next left back down to the bog then onto Naul for coffee and cake.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just don't want anyone being blown into and damaging my precious gate;)

Ah we wont be going anywhere near yours. Roads are too nice over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

bcmf wrote: »
    Its the rain that I am getting excited about!

The route I had planned is Round Towers SS - across to Lusk via Kilhedge Lane- Down over the railway bridge and a sharp left and all the way across to Loughshinny - out onto Loughsjinny and up towrds Lusk/Skerries road but take another left back down towards Lusk - Lusk to Quickpenny road and a sharp right then left down to 5 roads - 5 roads across Jordanstown to Courtlough - Courtlough across towards Bog - M1 bridge sharp right up towards Darcystown- Towards Naul but next left back down to the bog then onto Naul for coffee and cake.

So a tour of Lusk in essence.

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Yeah!
    Except the parts where we go Loughshinny, 5 roads, Courtlough, BoR, Delahasey and NAUL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Ah Lusk

RobFowl wrote: »

Lusk_Doyle just sold that car!

Yeah!
    Except the parts where we go Loughshinny, 5 roads, Courtlough, BoR, D'arcystown and NAUL

All part of Lusk metropolitan area or the Barony of Lusk as it is known.

RobFowl wrote: »

Says the man who posted a pic of VCB gummy joes only the other day!

All part of Lusk metropolitan area or the Barony of Lusk as it is known.

You may wanna check the lettering on the water pump on the main road!

You may wanna check the lettering on the water pump on the main road!

Nah the taps work fine at home. No water meter here!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Forecast looks perfect for Bcmf special tomorrow. Best of luck with it. Raging ill miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Forecast looks perfect for Bcmf special tomorrow. Best of luck with it. Raging ill miss it.

Not enough interest so it's not happening tomorrow. Too many people treasure their bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

All going to plan, I'll be cycling someplace in NCD tomorrow. No idea what that wind's going to be like though. If you are heading out and there's a planned timing/route or coffee stop I'm happy to stop by.

OldBean wrote: »
    If you are heading out and there's a planned ..... coffee stop I'm happy to stop by.
    You'd better get there early as I suspect all the cakes will go quickly if that lot are heading out .....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I definitely don't need the cakes.

Beasty wrote:
    You'd better get there early as I suspect all the cakes will go quickly if that lot are heading out .....

The cakes are safe. Too many people are still scarred from the last time so aren't coming out so there is no spin .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

Would that be no spin summer time or GMT? Reminder for anyone out tomorrow anywhere the clocks go forward tonight :-)

Advertisement