Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

so anyones amazon order ship yet?
    Mine has changed to "Dispatching Soon". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well that's why I pay a few quid extra and go pick up game in the shop.
    No guessing game - will it come tomorrow?!
    Working till 12:00 tomorrow though. I almost wish I had taken Tuesday off too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

gizmo wrote: »

I have that too. Still pretty hopeful ill get it tomorrow though as I'm based in London and have the free overnight delivery with prime. I shouldn't be so worried anyway, will only get a couple of hours in before the weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gizmo wrote: »

Ya mines the same
    abelard wrote: »
    I have that too. Still pretty hopeful ill get it tomorrow though as I'm based in London and have the free overnight delivery with prime. I shouldn't be so worried anyway, will only get a couple of hours in before the weekend

I'd be really surprised if your didn't get it tomorrow if your in london :eek:

If your order first class from amazon who delivers an post or is it a courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hello ladies and gents,

Just a quick question. D3 isn't following in the footsteps of SC2 and not allowing multi-realm access, right? A friend of mine told me it's following the same route as WC3 where as long as you own the game you can play and create characters on any realm (obviously not being able to transfer characters over). Can anyone here confirm that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

My was shipped on friday. Not at home so not sure if its there yet, but it arrived in carrickfegus at about 1am this morning. Guessing its been delivered.

Can't wait !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Hello ladies and gents,

Just a quick question. D3 isn't following in the footsteps of SC2 and not allowing multi-realm access, right? A friend of mine told me it's following the same route as WC3 where as long as you own the game you can play and create characters on any realm (obviously not being able to transfer characters over). Can anyone here confirm that?

Not entirely sure what you're asking here, could you clarify a bit? What is it you want to do?

Not entirely sure what you're asking here, could you clarify a bit? What is it you want to do?

I don't live in EU. I have to buy a NA client. But all my friends are back in Ireland/EU.

In Warcraft III, no matter what version/client you had you could play on a different Server (gateway). For example:

Northrend = EU
    Azeroth = NA

If I owned an EU client of WC3 I could simply go to 'Select Gateway' -> 'Azeroth' and boom I was on NA without having to buy mutiple copies of the game. SC2 doesn't have this option and with Blizzard's recent stance on BNet 2.0 I just want to make sure that D3 has this multi-gateway access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Hello ladies and gents,

Correct but as far as I know its not working at launch. You will have to connect to the correct region. A system is being implemented into sc2 for the expansion to allow cross realm play, which diablo 3 is using as its all done through battletags now

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Hey guys I was just wondering if everybody who ordered with express shipping off gamestop.ie received their game yet?

• Advertisement

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Correct but as far as I know its not working at launch. You will have to connect to the correct region. A system is being implemented into sc2 for the expansion to allow cross realm play, which diablo 3 is using as its all done through battletags now

Uuuuuuuuuuuugh. What a pain in the arse. Guess I'll just stick with playing SC2 until they release the feature. (I can't DL the game due to a bandwidth cap on my internet where I live).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Hey guys I was just wondering if everybody who ordered with express shipping off gamestop.ie received their game yet?

Got mine this morning... can't play it or install it tho =[

Uuuuuuuuuuuugh. What a pain in the arse. Guess I'll just stick with playing SC2 until they release the feature. (I can't DL the game due to a bandwidth cap on my internet where I live).

It is meant to be fairly soon though not as long a wait as SC2 expansion. I think they just want the launch to be smooth as different regions are starting at different times and it would be a nightmare if the US region economy was like 14 hours behind because koreans joined the US servers. I would say within the month you will be able to play on any.

DrMorphine wrote: »
    It is meant to be fairly soon though not as long a wait as SC2 expansion. I think they just want the launch to be smooth as different regions are starting at different times and it would be a nightmare if the US region economy was like 14 hours behind because koreans joined the US servers. I would say within the month you will be able to play on any.

Actually, yeah, it might be a good idea to get a feel for the game first by playing on NA. I haven't played BETA or read up on the game at all so that might actually be a good way to catch up on everything.

PS: Is this a Blizzard "soon"? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

n1ck wrote: »

You can't even install it in advance? Or are you just not at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Kiith wrote: »
    You can't even install it in advance? Or are you just not at home?

You can't install it as it has not released yet... Or so mine said:P

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

They're calling it Global Play, set to go live a few hours after D3 has launched in all regions.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4299305/Introducing_Global_Play_for_Diablo%C2%AE_III-02_05_2012#blog

You can't install it as it has not released yet... Or so mine said:P

I assumed i'd be able to install it, but not login. Balls to that if i've to wait till 11pm to install and patch it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It's asking for trouble alright if there's a serious demand for patching after install (which I assume there will be).

I caved last night and bought it while drunk. €60 down the toilet. Shouldn't be allowed have a visa card while drinking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The installer itself wont work until about 4pm tomorrow. The downloader should not be giving you errors. I'd say you need to find and delete the old installer, and try the new one again. You may need to clear your cache too.

had to uninstall, reinstall and then download again to another folder, still wouldnt work then windows gave me and option to fix the error and then it worked finally! Now just got to wait till the game go's live.

• Advertisement

I don't live in EU. I have to buy a NA client. But all my friends are back in Ireland/EU.

In Warcraft III, no matter what version/client you had you could play on a different Server (gateway). For example:

Northrend = EU
    Azeroth = NA

If I owned an EU client of WC3 I could simply go to 'Select Gateway' -> 'Azeroth' and boom I was on NA without having to buy mutiple copies of the game. SC2 doesn't have this option and with Blizzard's recent stance on BNet 2.0 I just want to make sure that D3 has this multi-gateway access.
    I see what you mean now, but i'm really not sure, If you're still stuck for an answer on this, ye could try diablofans.com failing that, blizzard themselves, though blizzard are quite slow at responding, understandably at this point.

They're calling it Global Play, set to go live a few hours after D3 has launched in all regions.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4299305/Introducing_Global_Play_for_Diablo%C2%AE_III-02_05_2012#blog

Oh, I actually really like this. Means I can focus on economy and grinding on NA and run through dungeons and challenges (I guess?) on EU with friends and ex-compatriates!

Actually, yeah, it might be a good idea to get a feel for the game first by playing on NA. I haven't played BETA or read up on the game at all so that might actually be a good way to catch up on everything.

Haha the diablo community team have actually been very good on stuff like this. They seem miles ahead of wow and sc2 teams. No false promises and good communication. @Bashiok on twitter is the community manager and he was the one who said about the launch regions. Everything he has said so far has been spot on!

Kiith wrote: »
    I assumed i'd be able to install it, but not login. Balls to that if i've to wait till 11pm to install and patch it :(

You wont, the installer unlocks at 4pm today. The servers you can play on however wont be open til 11pm tonight. That's the plan anyway, ..blizzard.. it'll be later than 11pm, almost certain of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

You wont, the installer unlocks at 4pm today. The servers you can play on however wont be open til 11pm tonight. That's the plan anyway, ..blizzard.. it'll be later than 11pm, almost certain of it.

If its even 1 minute late.... :mad:

4pm today is fine, as i won't be home till 6pm anyway. Just as long as i can get it installed and up to date before the actual launch time.

Assuming it arrives that is :mad:

Blizzard are actually pretty good at getting the servers up in time. They usually just have problems with the actual amount of people trying to access the Servers at the same time -- ie; lagfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

n1ck wrote: »

Hmm, haven't gotten mine yet, hopefully soon. . .

Blizzard are actually pretty good at getting the servers up in time. They usually just have problems with the actual amount of people trying to access the Servers at the same time -- ie; lagfest.

That's exactly what i mean :)
    As someone mentioned before, the only one i ever got into at the precise time it launched was SC2. I'm a pessimist, i know.. but i am secretly hoping that I'll be in by 11.01pm tonight too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

I see the first review is out. Take your time, it's a big read: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/250387/Diablo-III-PC-29-99/

Advertisement