Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In The Pit - Get to know your other Rock & Metal posters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

i may have erroneusly acreddited you with fanatical support of the above band for which i am truly sorry.

I was confused and not at all sober at the time.

:(
    Fair enough :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 dw_newtown

I'm up for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aeternitas

I'm pretty damn new so I volunteer for whenever I'm chosen. If at all.

New blood!
    dw_newtown wrote: »
    I'm up for this!
    Aeternitas wrote: »
    Welcome folks, I've added you both to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

Sure, why not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Aeternitas wrote: »

Don't worry, you won't be new by the time it rolls around to you!

Tarkus wrote: »
    Sure, why not...
    Added. Keep an eye out for your thread in 2013 :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Sign me up please!

Let's disprove the Mayans and have me feature in the Pit come 2013! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

il play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

I'd like to do this too, looks fun :)

• Advertisement

Sign me up please!

Let's disprove the Mayans and have me feature in the Pit come 2013! :rolleyes:
    il play
    Cill94 wrote: »
    I'd like to do this too, looks fun :)
    You've all been added to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bleeding_souls

sure add me too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I'll throw myself in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Slap me in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Should I do this, I like the element of Mystery?

Besides i'm not that interesting, I only like drums.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Should I do this, I like the element of Mystery?

Besides i'm not that interesting, I only like drums.
    I've added you to the list but you'll have plenty of time to change your mind :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just in case there is any confusion..I'm up next, I was DieselQueen but registered a while back and change my name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh I'm not all that far down the list at all now :)

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh I'm not all that far down the list at all now :)
    Yes, by current estimates we should get to you by October ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Have lurked here a good bit but not posted much... Throw me on the list sure. By the time it gets to me, ye'll prolly already know me :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Malice wrote: »
    I've seen this done on other forums and I think it could work quite well on here. Basically a poster volunteers to answer questions from other posters. Once we have a volunteer, I'll create a thread, people can ask questions and the volunteer can answer them. After a week or so I'll close the thread and we can move on to the next volunteer.
    Yes, by current estimates we should get to you by October ;).

Honestly I see no reason to support the same thread longer than one week. I think that two months long Q&A's are tiring.
    IMHO

Have lurked here a good bit but not posted much... Throw me on the list sure. By the time it gets to me, ye'll prolly already know me :p
    Done.

Jemmaa wrote: »
    Honestly I see no reason to support the same thread longer than one week. I think that two months long Q&A's are tiring.
    IMHO
    You're absolutely right that a week is plenty of time but a lot depends on users. The more questions people ask then the quicker we'll get through the list.

You're absolutely right that a week is plenty of time but a lot depends on users. The more questions people ask then the quicker we'll get through the list.

People are loosing interest in this game because it doesn't look like game anymore, same questions no discussion and it is very slow.
    In fact if you want to keep it formal you can give full questionnaire in the first post than PM the poster and keep your eye on timer. It'll be the same effect but a bit faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

People are loosing interest in this game because it doesn't look like game anymore, same questions no discussion and it is very slow.
    In fact if you want to keep it formal you can give full questionnaire in the first post than PM the poster and keep your eye on timer. It'll be the same effect but a bit faster.

I wouldn't be so annoyed seeing as your name isn't on the list.
    Plus it's not a game!

I wouldn't be so annoyed seeing as your name isn't on the list.
    Plus it's not a game!

I couldn't agree with you TheStickyBandit.

If you want to go back on the first page you can see posts "I'm game", "I'll play", "Sounds like fun" and it shows that participants are considering themselves as players so this is a game.

Plus my post #8 25th September 2010 was "I'll watch" so even if you can't see my name on the list of people who are brave enough to be victims, I am participating in this event as an audience. Audience is very important part of any event, no audience - no gig, that's what I think.

Also I am not annoyed I am only trying to improve this game bringing some constructive criticism. I want to know do you play an instrument and if so why did you start to play it, who influenced you to start and who inspires you today but you're Number 43, there are seventeen more victims after you on the list and I want to know everything about all of you before I die. I'm not gonna live forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I couldn't agree with you TheStickyBandit.

If you want to go back on the first page you can see posts "I'm game", "I'll play", "Sounds like fun" and it shows that participants are considering themselves as players so this is a game.

Plus my post #8 25th September 2010 was "I'll watch" so even if you can't see my name on the list of people who are brave enough to be victims, I am participating in this event as an audience. Audience is very important part of any event, no audience - no gig, that's what I think.

Also I am not annoyed I am only trying to improve this game bringing some constructive criticism. I want to know do you play an instrument and if so why did you start to play it, who influenced you to start and who inspires you today but you're Number 43, there are seventeen more victims after you on the list and I want to know everything about all of you before I die. I'm not gonna live forever.

Okay then!
    If you're that intrigued by me, send me a PM:D

Okay then!
    If you're that intrigued by me, send me a PM:D

I am too shy to send 26 PM's to all the gamers so I'd rather watch you from here. :D

Seriously, this game could be more dynamic. One week that's absolutely enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The thing is,not everyone lives on Boards. Whether it be study,work or family life ,people are juggling all sorts of things and time online is way down the list of priorities. It'd be unfair to slam the door closed on one persons thread after 1 week if they'd only managed to get online once during that time. And pity the poor person that happened to go away on holidays for the same week as their thread was due!

Personally i like the format. I've learned loads about R&M Boardsies that i'd never have known from just reading their musings in the R&M forum. A questionnaire is a bit too formal imo. Sure a lot of the same questions get asked but sometimes they spawn weirdly wonderful questions as a result and lead off in different directions.

At the end of the day it's just a bit of craic.:)

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    The thing is,not everyone lives on Boards. Whether it be study,work or family life ,people are juggling all sorts of things and time online is way down the list of priorities. It'd be unfair to slam the door closed on one persons thread after 1 week if they'd only managed to get online once during that time. And pity the poor person that happened to go away on holidays for the same week as their thread was due!

Personally i like the format. I've learned loads about R&M Boardsies that i'd never have known from just reading their musings in the R&M forum. A questionnaire is a bit too formal imo. Sure a lot of the same questions get asked but sometimes they spawn weirdly wonderful questions as a result and lead off in different directions.

At the end of the day it's just a bit of craic.:)
    Okay then, please put me on the list too and see ya in 2020 :D

Advertisement