Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Can someone please give me a solid bet for tomorrow at even money or better please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Can someone please give me a solid bet for tomorrow at even money or better please?

wait till monday and back man city 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Shane St. wrote: »
    wait till monday and back man city 6/5

Wait till monday stick €50 on under 4.5 2nd half goals pre match and then stick €50 on man city in play and if city do not win you'll get your €50 back. With Bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JohnnyDoogue

Wincast Man City and Aguero to score any time is 16/5

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,755 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im thinking of going for Ronaldo to score 2 or more goals against Seville

I just feel that Madrid will be up for this after the miserable display against Bayern. Ronaldo bottled it against Bayern and I think he'll be really for this and plus he's only 1 ahead of Messi in the goal scoring charts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wincast Man City and Aguero to score any time is 16/5

What do you think?

That sounds like awesome odds

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

2 singles for me tomorrow:

Di Natale anytime @ evens

Falcao anytime @ evens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Wait till monday stick €50 on under 4.5 2nd half goals pre match and then stick €50 on man city in play and if city do not win you'll get your €50 back. With Bet365.

I see a lot of suggestions to make the pre match bet on something that is a "certainty" to win.

Now i am open for correction but does it really matter which of the 2 bets you place is a "certainty"?

Asking this because certain pre match bets cant be made during live betting.
    Example: i fancy City to win and over 2,5 goals @2.87. This is not available once the match has started.

And then put the free bet on over 0,5 goals in game.

Now here the part where i think i am smarter than i really am.

The only result where i would lose my live bet is a 0-0.
    So that would return my in game bet since it would lose.
    But i would also get my pre match bet returned according to bet365's bore draw rule (certain bets are made void in case of a 0-0, result/goals is one of them).

It could be that the bore draw rule doesnt apply in these free bet offers but i cant find that anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

inforfun wrote: »
    I see a lot of suggestions to make the pre match bet on something that is a "certainty" to win.

Now i am open for correction but does it really matter which of the 2 bets you place is a "certainty"?

Asking this because certain pre match bets cant be made during live betting.
    Example: i fancy City to win and over 2,5 goals @2.87. This is not available once the match has started.

And then put the free bet on over 0,5 goals in game.

Now here the part where i think i am smarter than i really am.

The only result where i would lose my live bet is a 0-0.
    So that would return my in game bet since it would lose.
    But i would also get my pre match bet returned according to bet365's bore draw rule (certain bets are made void in case of a 0-0, result/goals is one of them).

It could be that the bore draw rule doesnt apply in these free bet offers but i cant find that anywhere.

Only the in play bet is returned if it is a loser. So in your case if City were to fail to win, say United 1-0, then you would lose your pre match €50 and win the over 0.5 goals. So you would be down about €48 or so depending on the over 0.5 goals odds.

You're only considering a 0-0, that's the only case where you have guarenteed to break even. Any result where City fail to win OR win with under 2.5 goals, you'll lose the €50 pre match bet.

Good point...

Thinking on a Sunday morning at 07.31 is certainly not my strong point.

That free bet thing of bet365 has been confusing me every time they come up with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

inforfun wrote: »
    Good point...

Thinking on a Sunday morning at 07.31 is certainly not my strong point.

That free bet thing of bet365 has been confusing me every time they come up with it.

If I was been super cynical on a Sunday morning, I would say that is the main reason they do it.

I am sure a decent percentage of people come up with bad plans to use the free bet, and the firm ends up in the green - along with getting the free publicity

*shakes fist at bookies*

You can certainly forget about outsmarting them :D

Reason i ****ed it up is because the bet i would like to make (and use the free bet for), cant be done in play.

Havent made any betting on that match though as it is only tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The odds on Metalurg (vs Rabotnicki, Macedonian league) are dropping like crazy!! This is most likely a fixed game. The odds on both teams were @ 2.35 a few days ago, but this morning the odds on Metalurg keep dropping from 2.00 to 1.91 to 1.87 to 1.75 and now down to 1.62 ! Also Bwin won't let you combine this bet with another one!

I took them at 1.75, I have a pretty large stake on it, hopefully everything goes as planned.

FWIW, Metalurg are 2nd and Rabotnicki 7th out of 12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

The odds on Metalurg (vs Rabotnicki, Macedonian league) are dropping like crazy!! This is most likely a fixed game. The odds on both teams were @ 2.35 a few days ago, but this morning the odds on Metalurg keep dropping from 2.00 to 1.91 to 1.87 to 1.75 and now down to 1.62 ! Also Bwin won't let you combine this bet with another one!

I took them at 1.75, I have a pretty large stake on it, hopefully everything goes as planned.

FWIW, Metalurg are 2nd and Rabotnicki 7th out of 12

I can't see it :confused: . I see Metalurg D v Dnipro in the Ukranian league down for Wednesday but presume it's not the same metalurg. Betfair also doesn't seem to have the macedonian league or the game doesnt show up in search results, maybe I'm just being slow

Edit: I don however see it on 365. 7/10 ATM

Roda JC VS. PSV coming up

Roda's overal form (from last 5)
    - 3 W / 1 D / 1 L

PSV overall form (from last 5)
    - 4 W / 0 D / 1 L

However...

Roda home form (from last 5)
    4 W / 1 D / 1 L

PSV away form (from last 5)
    1 W / 0 D / 5 L

I think I will go for Roda @ 9/4 Draw No Bet

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

My treble for today is:
    Juve to score 2 or more. 4/11
    Spurs v Blackburn +2.5 goals. 4/9.
    Di Natale anytime scorer. Evens.
    €17 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Draw in Jaro v Kuopio (Finnish league) @ 3.00

Kuopio/KuPS have drawn their last 4 games, and 4 of the last 5 meetings between these two teams ended as a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I got on the Macedonian team at 7/10, odds still moving, they are 8/13 now

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

QPR and Draw 15/8

• Advertisement

Looking at the Metalurg odds drop is entertaining in itself

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Chelsea to beat QPR enhanced to evens on PP

http://t.co/ompkDxRZ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Max bet was 24.15 here, i stuck 20 on it, been cursed lately so every little helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Chelsea have all eyes on both finals, the league is not their priority while QPR are fightin to survive,

dont fancy that at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That was only open for 16 minutes. :rolleyes: Hope they lose now.

tinodz wrote: »
    I think I will go for Roda @ 9/4 Draw No Bet

Well, that is a horrible first half :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Gonna chance Metalburg -1 on the Asian line also, still just above evens, 2.025

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    That was only open for 16 minutes. :rolleyes: Hope they lose now.
    Bet is back http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/facebook-enhanced-specials/enhanced-special

Hope they win now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Any thoughts on Ajax away to Twente? Ajax seem to be unstoppable at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement