Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Decent result for Britton, although she was probably hoping to improve on her position from last year.
    Flanagan is on fire at the moment. Great run to nab the bronze.

Any idea what happened to Shane Quinn in the junior race? DNF after 2 laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Highlights of World Cross to be shown on Channel 4 next Saturday, 26th March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

wgtomblin wrote: »
    Decent result for Britton, although she was probably hoping to improve on her position from last year.

Just seen this result now. Top 20 in the world is savage running. Fair play to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Just seen this result now. Top 20 in the world is savage running. Fair play to her

Probably better than her 14th place in 2007 when the conditions were crazy and she was actually must further behind the leading finishers than this year. A really impressive run.

Great performance from Charlotte Purdue to finish 14th in her first senior appearance in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

IAAF World Cross Country Championships Highlights

For those that missed it, You need to sky plus it...Channel 4 tonight 03.25am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

JosDel wrote: »
    IAAF World Cross Country Championships Highlights

For those that missed it, You need to sky plus it...Channel 4 tonight 03.25am

Nice one. Should be finished in time for everybodies morning run

• Registered Users Posts: 16,102 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Heads up!

Live Athletics on Eurosport from Lucerne on Thursday, 21st July.

Also, live coverage of the Monaco Diamond League meeting on BBC's red button on Friday evening at 7 pm.

Watch out for coverage of the European Junior Championships on Eurosport each evening (21-24 July). They'll squeeze it in there somewhere, with the TdF coverage.

Busy weekend of TV sport, what with the Dubs playing in the All-Ireland QF in the hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Busy weekend of TV sport, what with Limerick playing in the All-Ireland QF in the hurling.

FYP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Heads up!

Live Athletics on Eurosport from Lucerne on Thursday, 21st July.

Also, live coverage of the Monaco Diamond League meeting on BBC's red button on Friday evening at 7 pm.

Watch out for coverage of the European Junior Championships on Eurosport each evening (21-24 July). They'll squeeze it in there somewhere, with the TdF coverage.

Busy weekend of TV sport, what with the Dubs playing in the All-Ireland QF in the hurling.

That Diamond League 5000m is going to be a cracker.
    http://www.diamondleague-monaco.com/en/Program/Overview/5000m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Will Eurosport be streaming their coverage online? My cable provider doesn't supply Eurosport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

G-Money wrote: »
    Will Eurosport be streaming their coverage online? My cable provider doesn't supply Eurosport.

There the coverage for the Juniors which is on now (eurosport have it delayed):

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/eaa/site/index.html

And here is a link to where you will get the Lucerne meeting stream (not available as of yet)

http://www.streamhunter.tv/

ecoli wrote: »
    There the coverage for the Juniors which is on now (eurosport have it delayed):

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/eaa/site/index.html

And here is a link to where you will get the Lucerne meeting stream (not available as of yet)

http://www.streamhunter.tv/

Nice one, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,102 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

FYP :p

Ahem. :pac:

Another heads' up for this weekend:

Diamond League in Stockholm on Friday night on the BBC's red button (BBC3). Apparently, LaShawn Merritt makes his return to competition after his ban.

Also, the UK world championships trials and UK championships are on this weekend and coverage is on BBC2 on Saturday and Sunday at 1800.

Ahem. :pac:

Another heads' up for this weekend:

Diamond League in Stockholm on Friday night on the BBC's red button (BBC3). Apparently, LaShawn Merritt makes his return to competition after his ban.

Also, the UK world championships trials and UK championships are on this weekend and coverage is on BBC2 on Saturday and Sunday at 1800.

Unfortunately from what I can see, the Saturday live coverage applies to England, Scotland and Wales only. We're being force fed golf and GAA instead it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Attending a leaving 'do' tonight so will miss the DL. However getting beer and popcorn in for the GB Trials :)

Feel like all I'm doing these days is posting about athletics TV events these days :) But the Great North Run is starting at 9.30am on BBC One and BBC One HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Feel like all I'm doing these days is posting about athletics TV events these days :) But the Great North Run is starting at 9.30am on BBC One and BBC One HD.

Any excuse for the beeb to show Farah's races again. Gonna try and do this race next year. Watch the flyover at the start, its class.

Any excuse for the beeb to show Farah's races again. Gonna try and do this race next year. Watch the flyover at the start, its class.

I've said it before, but I love the look on Farah's face as he's running the last 100m of the 10,000m and 5000m in Daegu.

Might be a good place to add this here as well. BBC Two will have live coverage of the Berlin Marathon from 7.45am next Sunday. I don't know if it's just me but I can't wait to see it!

Michael Johnson on Newsnight tonight. Also a story about corruption around the Olympics now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Might be a good place to add this here as well. BBC Two will have live coverage of the Berlin Marathon from 7.45am next Sunday. I don't know if it's just me but I can't wait to see it!

Looking like WR on the cards....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Coverage has been shocking so far though- not bbc's fault but wtf???

Heard the BBC say there were issues with satellite interference etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Great run by Scott Overall, 2:11 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Little late to the party (racing this morning and refused to come onto boards until I watched the race recording so I knew the result)

Great race by Makau his break on Geb was a fantastic move. Gutted for Geb as he was running so well up until his stop.

Also Good to see Radcliffe perform well and looked to be enjoying that I reckon she will be alot better prepared for London in terms of few build up races

Sensation debut from Overall. Breaking your HM PB en route to your Debut marathon is a fantastic result

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

ecoli wrote: »
    Sensation debut from Overall. Breaking your HM PB en route to your Debut marathon is a fantastic result

Fantastic run by him, but of course his high ranking benefited from all but one of the early leaders burning themselves out on world record pace.

I realised that I have no clue about the male British racing scene at all. I can't remember ever hearing his name before.

The British women's names, on the other hand, I know very well (maybe because most of them have been around for ages.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

30 min feature on SS4 now - the road to London

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Scratch that seems to be focused on fencing and tennis.

Any athletic events coming up on TV soon? Am starting to have withdrawal symptoms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Any athletic events coming up on TV soon? Am starting to have withdrawal symptoms!

You could go watch real life athletics!:):rolleyes:

Dublin Novice Cross Country was on yesterday, I'm sure there's something on next weekend.

Advertisement