Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf GTI 150bhp insurance, who with?

• 20-09-2006 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Its that time of year again and totally frustarted with my insurance, it has gone up by 100E from last year with FBD insurance and there is no moving them. 800E

34/m/full liceence/5 years NCB/2 points.

Got a good quote from Quinn direct last year but won't take me this year, Allianz won't quote
    Hiberian gave me a quote 100Euro cheaper than FBD so front runner at the moment.

I have rang so many companies and brokers, I can hear them freeze when they hear GTI. So I wanted to see who GTI owners use for insurance and best quotes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

My mate is looking at buying a Golf GTI too.....Quinn wouldn't even quote him. So I rang up looking for a quote because I have a policy with them, she wouldn't quote me. Then I asked her to suppose for a second that I had bought the car already, what would it cost. She said she would have to quote me in that instance but can only do so if I actually wish to change over the policy for sure, i.e. she still wouldn't give me a quote. I wouldn't mind a MkIV Golf ain't all that fast!

You try 123.ie, my mate got a quote of only €2,200 (not sarcasm, he was fairly happy with that considering his age/NCB etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

golf GTI is 200bhp isn't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Not the mkIV one no

steve06 wrote:
    golf GTI is 200bhp isn't it...
    I presume the OP is referring to the MK IV Golf GTI which is 150bhp....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

Doh! sorry about that, MKIV golf 1.8T

I was dreaming about the new model, will just have to wait until the second hand price comes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I tried to get a quote off them too with no luck, funny thing is they will insure me on an Ibiza Cupra(180bhp) or an Octavia VRS(180bhp) all of which use the same VAG engine, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

when i had mine found hibernian the cheapest, odd thing was the premium was the same for the 115bhp 2.0 'gti', the 1.8t 150bhp gti and the 180bhp 1.8t gti

strange eh?

Advertisement