Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Uninsured drivers and MIBI

• 10-02-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

The Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Ireland (MIBI) has registered judgments totalling almost €850,000 against ten uninsured drivers, in a bid to recover payouts made after accidents, writes Kieron Wood.

The MIBI, which is funded by the insurance industry, pays out about €50 million a year to the victims of road accidents involving uninsured or untraceable drivers. The largest judgment registered in the latest batch is for €247,985 against Robert McLaughlin of Moville Road, Gleneely, Co Donegal.

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=IRELAND-qqqm=news-qqqid=30345-qqqx=1.asp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DonJose wrote: »
    The MIBI, which is funded by the insurance industry
    .... funded by us - there is a levy on each premium to cover it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

.... funded by us - there is a levy on each premium to cover it! ;)

Around €45.00 per premium per annum I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mena wrote: »
    Around €45.00 per premium per annum I think.
    I thought it was 2%(?) of the policy cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I thought it was 2%(?) of the policy cost.

Fair enough, I was convinced I saw it here, but after re-reading the article there's no mention of it... Must be seeing things :o

Advertisement