Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EBC Brakes - Greenstuff / Redstuff

• 10-02-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there any where in Dublin that stock these parts? I've tried ringing Halfords and have been left hanging on the phone for some time.

Specifically looking for a set for a Megane. :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

There's a place in finglas that does them.Its close to superquinn. Do you know that you need to get some heat into those brakes to get them to work properly. I read somewhere that the red and yellow ones are more suited to hard driving/competition use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I have EBC greenstuff on my car, with ATE grooved discs. Find them excellent.

I think that groupb is right about the red; they're more track and race use, and take a while to warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If for road use, use the Greenstuff

Redstuff need to be warmed up before doing their job properly (as said above)

No experience with yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

I want the green ones, thanks for the info. I think I know where the Superquinn place is, it's on the one way road in the village, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Ive the green ones, worked out £100 (incl P&P) from site in uk, post up a price for the place in finglas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Just to confuse things the new greenstuff pads are the old redstuff compound and the redstuff are the old yellowstuff pads. I wouldnt bother with any ebc stuff to be honest, ferrodo and mintex are much better pads just not marketed like the ebc brand.

If you want the equivalent to redstuff pads either get a set of mintex m1144's or ferrodo ds2500. Ive had both on older cars and they were great, much better than the redstuff I had on. Got the m1155's at the moment and are brilliant once warmed up but make an awful racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Just to confuse things the new greenstuff pads are the old redstuff compound and the redstuff are the old yellowstuff pads. I wouldnt bother with any ebc stuff to be honest, ferrodo and mintex are much better pads just not marketed like the ebc brand.

If you want the equivalent to redstuff pads either get a set of mintex m1144's or ferrodo ds2500. Ive had both on older cars and they were great, much better than the redstuff I had on. Got the m1155's at the moment and are brilliant once warmed up but make an awful racket.

Good advice there, pagid blue's are also excellent and work really well from cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I got the greenstuffs for the front from GSF (Nangor road) for 65 notes last year. Great pads. Ring Otto in Finglas / Tallaght to see what they are charging.

Advertisement