Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due September 2012 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Going back to work on Monday. I have to bite the bullet and at least see how I get on. I think it will do me good to get myself out of the house and back to some kind of reality! I believe there is some kind of 'sick room' somewhere in the building which I might avail of if needed. My lovely father is going to drive me in for the first couple of weeks until I get myself together!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 beego

hi everyone hope all is well. thanks to everybody for the feed back re cramps. it was a great help much appriciated. was abit worried about it but everything seems to be fine now. think morning sickness has abated fingers crossed. you can really see a proper bump now. so excited. 20 week scan on the 9th may. so looking forward to it told niamh i did not want to know the sex rather be a surprise so i hope she can keep a secret.

on the plus side managed to convince her to do some baby shopping yesterday so we bought one or two baby suits. was so excited like i won the lotto. hope everything going well with everyone so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

My sickness has stopped thank god !. You poor thing minty Doris hope the
    pain eases off soon for you. Good luck Vel hopefully your sickness clears up soon but look after yourself. My bump is fairly coming along now the last time it was full of fluid. I'm sure this one will be the same. I am feeling the movements too squiggler amazing how you can feel it earlier on the second.:D Cant believe we are nearly in May it is flying so far thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Hi all. Had my 20 week appointment yesterday, alot of waiting around but eventually saw the consultant I asked her was she going to scan me and then she said she would but I'd say she wouldn't have otherwise. It was a very quick scan but she said everthing looked fine. She took a guess st the sex but she said she wasn't sure but that she'd put her money on a girl!! I was convinced it was a boy.. And I didn't realise that my OH had been taking so much notice of me going on about a boy and when I told him it could be a girl he was a little disappointed. But after a chat to himself and a stern look from me he's grand again. At the end of the day it makes no difference it's our first baby and a healthy baby is all we want.
    Kicks getting stronger now which is lovely cos my bump is small enough but I'm tall so apparently that's normal. The consultant said i look the right size for 20 weeks but when people keep saying "where are you hiding it" it makes u worry but the movement reassures me.
    Hope everyone is doing well in our secant trimester I didn't get much of a rest from the tiredness cos it's kicked back in this week again : ( can't complain tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

MintyDoris wrote: »
    I have a lot of lower pelvic pain. At first I did think it was a UTI due to the location of the pain and the 'pulling twistuing heavy' type of pain but I was getting no pain when weeing so I headed to the doctor. She did two urine tests and bloods too so waiting on the results of them.

The pain is bad in the morning but can be so bad some days I find it hard to walk. She reckons it may be the pelvis spreading :eek:

It is very sore but I am thankful the morning sickness has stopped (I never thought it would) Like someone said, it was very draining being sick all the time. But I feel good now, I have a proper bump (which i LOVE) so I am happy out

Hi Minty. I have some lower pelvic pain too, but not as severe as yours sounds. I do find it hard to walk sometimes and if I've been standing for any considerable length of time (ie doing the ironing), afterwards I feel quite heavy down there and like someone has pulled the pelvic bones apart! I reckon your doc might be right...! Also I'd think you'd know if it was a UTI. I had bad cystitis on last preg from five months onwards and you have a horrible stingy pain in the pelvic area all the time plus the uncomfortalbe peeing, etc. That siad sometimes you can have one with hardly any symptoms, but hopefully you don't!

I have a little bump now too which is great. No more fat belly! It's great to feel some movement too. Had forgotten you can feel it down low sometimes in pelvic region at this stage - had been looking out for it in other parts of my belly! It's amazing what you forget between pregnancies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

jeeney wrote: »
    That siad sometimes you can have one with hardly any symptoms, but hopefully you don't!

One set of urine results came back and showed mixed cultures but no infections ... sorry for the TMI

I have been reading a bit about round ligament pain and this seems to fit in more with what I am feeling rather than SPD? Does anyone have any experience of this???

• Registered Users Posts: 17 beego

anybody else hooked on one born every minute on more 4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

beego wrote: »
    anybody else hooked on one born every minute on more 4 ?

Hooked on it! Have to say my fiance is too, at the start he couldn't even watch it! Loving it though, even if it does terrify me sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 trish53

Congrats to you all,I had my first baby in 1974 and have had 9 since then. Ive 6 boys and 4 girls and would do it all over again.They were always clean and well fed,but on a budget.Looking at them all grown up with families of their own makes me so proud.Cherish the time with your new babies ,it dosn't last long.

Second day back in work and so far so good. I'm tired but no more so than I would expect to be at 18 weeks pregnant.

Had a dogy moment after lunch where I thought I was going to get sick at my desk but it passed thankfully.

Its given me a real boost to be back in the real world and hoping now the remainder of the pregnancy will fly in, as the last few months couldn't have felt any longer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

That's great news Vel, glad to hear that you're feeling better and back at work. Hope it continues as it's much easier to put in the time if you're being kept busy.

Just over 19 weeks now, almost half way. Very active (and incredibly strong for someone so tiny) baby, but at least mostly active during the day so not interfering with sleep. Hope that means that he or she will be a good nighttime sleeper after the birth.

Hope all the rest of you are keeping well and enjoying your pregnancy.

Well done Vel on being back at work. I'm sure the tiredness will ease as the weeks go on. And I'm sure you feel happier having a routine to your day now.

He he squiggler! Maybe you're having a boy with all that movement! I'm not far ahead of you (20 wks since Mon), and feelin nice, gentle movements at the mo. The reassurance is great. Still feelin good which is great too.

Hope rest of ye doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Its great that everyone is starting to feel movement now.

This little baba is my first and i didn't know what to expect. I felt something once or twice for the last couple of weeks but it didnt feel like "kicking" :rolleyes: so I dismissed it.

Last night this all changed :D Was lying in bed with a book and at about 10pm I felt something like how you feel when you put your hand in a bath full of water and swirl it around. Except, in this case, I was the bath and baby was the hand. I comes and goes but I felt it up until I fell asleep and on and off this morning.

Delighted with myself - yup, id definitely describe it as bubbles!

I had visions of it being like getting beaten up but from the inside... but maybe that comes later? :confused: I hope not...

He he squiggler! Maybe you're having a boy with all that movement! I'm not far ahead of you (20 wks since Mon), and feelin nice, gentle movements at the mo. The reassurance is great. Still feelin good which is great too.QUOTE]

A boy would be nice, but so would a girl :) We're probably not going to try to find out.

Gentle movements must be nice, this baby is more karate than tai chi, but yes, the reassurance is great.

Glad to hear that you're feeling well. It's nice to be able to enjoy being pregnant.

Ya the kicks and movement is great I'd say if I didn't have that I'd be looking for a scan every week! : ) I'm having a private scan next saturday I'm excited but nervous about it cos it's a detailed scan so they will be able to detect abnormalities but fingers crossed all will be ok. Hopefully they'll be able to confirm the sex as they only had a guess at the hospital.
    Hope everyone Is relaxing and enjoying the bank holiday!

Love long weekends!

Definately feeling a lot more movement this weekend. Got properly tickled as I ate dinner yesterday :D Last weekend I bought a cot (sounds a bit like a confession :P) I really hadn't planned on buying anything other than the basics (carseat, nappies, co-sleeper and a few babygros) until after the birth but saw a great deal on a cot that was perfect so bought it on the spot. Then promptly freaked muself out cuz I couldnt feel any movement at all for the next few days :o I have the big scan this month but mother in law is going away for the summer and I wanted to involve her in the process a bit so we are going for a private scan next weekend so she has the experience before she leaves.

We went to Mothercare last week to start researching travel systems and car seats and got talking to Shanice in The Belgard branch in Dublin. I have never in my life come across a more knowledgeable and helpful assistant. She was absolutely super and I would highly recommend her if anyone has any questions. We then went to the talk that they give instore after closing times and again, found that excellent. I hadn't heard great reviews of Mothercare previously but I was really pleasently surprised. (Just re-reading that, I dont have any attachment to Mothercare as a company or to any employee there but i had such a good experience I wanted to pass it on)

Still having a fair bit of pain but I have resigned myself to the fact that I will have it for the foreseeable future. Sickness is all but gone but still quite tired and weepy. Once the OH has some advanced warning of the crying its not so bad :o

How is everyone else feeling?

I felt the same way about buying a few bits, but yet I feel there is so much to buy as it's our first and I'm paid monthly so only four wages left.... Eek!!
    We put a deposit on the bugaboo buggy/pram and be safe car seat. I researched alot and I this one won for us.I got mine in Kealys in Cork but iv heard mothercare are getting them in the end of the month. Also mothercare are starting a loyalty card in the next few weeks so hold off till then as you might a well avail of it. Apparently it's going to be like the boots card where u collect the credit and can use it against buying stuff... Might as well have it when we'll be spending so much money there, everylittle bit helps!
    The only other bits I bought were the new water wipes that are out I find they're sold out all the time so I pic them up when I see them.
    My mother pics up nappies anytime they're on offer but I was reading on the net that people find the nappies in aldi the best. Better than the top brands so I'll be def giving them a go. : )

Ya the kicks and movement is great I'd say if I didn't have that I'd be looking for a scan every week! : ) I'm having a private scan next saturday I'm excited but nervous about it cos it's a detailed scan so they will be able to detect abnormalities but fingers crossed all will be ok. Hopefully they'll be able to confirm the sex as they only had a guess at the hospital.
    Hope everyone Is relaxing and enjoying the bank holiday!

Hi Sunshine/minty,

Best of luck to both of you with your private scans next weekend. I'm half thinking of getting a private scan done too purely because my next hospital apt isn't until 30 weeks. It's such a long wait between 12 and 30 wks! Anyways two quick questions: - Did ye have long to wait for an appointment? Do you always have to get a referral letter from your doc? Obvioulsy different clinics around the country would probably have different waiting times, but just interested to know how quick one can get an apt.
    Thanks!

Hi Sunshine/minty,

Best of luck to both of you with your private scans next weekend.

Anyways two quick questions: - Did ye have long to wait for an appointment? Do you always have to get a referral letter from your doc? Obvioulsy different clinics around the country would probably have different waiting times, but just interested to know how quick one can get an apt.
    Thanks!

Thanks Jeeney, it's so cool to be able to see the movements but hopefully this time I will be able to match what I feel with what I see

I have PM'd you with the name of the place we used in case it's any help but the first time I went I got a choice of 3 appointments on the day I wanted and I called on the Wed/Thurs (cant remember) and the appointment was on the Saturday. This time we sent an email on Thursday but we couldn't get an appointment on the exact day we wanted (today) so booked for next Sunday instead

I didn't have to get any referral letters from my doc for this place. However the scan I had first was called the Early Pregnancy Scan and it was more a case of having this done privately as the hospital was not offering the 12 week scan. Not too sure which one I am having this time as OH has booked this

Thanks minty, that's really helpful. Will check ur pm msg now. Good to know you don't always needs referral letters from doc either!
    Cheers

• Advertisement

@jeeney I just booked the scan myself in a private clinic. No referral needed.

Just to let ye know ladies there's a baby event on in Aldi stores tomorrow. Not sure what it will be like but might be worth a look anyway.

Received the Gentle Birth CDs in the post yesterday. Listened to a bit of it before bed last night and was completely wired after and couldn't get to sleep for ages! Not the desired effect!

Such a lovely day today. Kids are playing in the garden and I'm going between sitting outside with them and hiding out in the cool kitchen as I find the heat exacerbates my pregnancy sickness.

Hope all the other September mums to be are enjoying the nice weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I'm 21 weeks now and have been feeling more and more movement over the last 3 weeks, i never thought it would feel this strong this early, i have only a tiny bump but could see it moving yesterday, crazy! Feels quite alien but is helping me get my head around the fact that theres a little person in there!
    As soon as I lie down at night it starts to have a little disco in my belly.
    Having a private scan on Monday, very excited about it. Going to find out the sex but keep it to ourselves (will be hard not to let it out!).
    Absolutely killed with heartburn every day but at least I can take rennie for it so it could be worse, small price to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Its reassuring alright feeling the movements. At least we are half way there now. I won't have another scan till thirty weeks so i am considering the private scan as well . Might look into it next week. Hope everyone is feeling well .

There is an awful lot of movement today!! It's actually taken me by surprise to be honest. Feels like a huge twitch in my bladder area - reassuring but very strange

Had a private scan yesterday and the little scut slept the whole way through it :mad: the minute I got back to the car I felt movement. I would love to have seen the image match what I was feeling but I guess it's the luck of the draw. I knew I should have had a can of coke before i went in!!

The baby is lying quite low and placenta is to the front and quite low also. She said that will dull the feeling of the kicks from the outside. She also said no obvious abnormalities which is always good to hear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

had my private scan today which went great. Baby was really active which was brilliant but it was almost too active as it was hard to get a good image. Found out what I'm having which I am so happy about but going to keep it to myself now until the big day!

Delighted fror you emer, glad to hear it all went well

I was asked did I want to know the sex, I kinda do, the OH doesn't so in the end I said no ( I couldnt keep the secret from him anyway)

Yeay emer b! I think my OH would really like to know whether baby is a boy or a girl, but I prefer not to know, because I don't want anyone other than the two of us to know until after the birth, and if we knew it would be very difficult not to let it slip.

Past the half-way point now, even if we go to 42 weeks. Still feeling well and enjoying all the kicks, punches, hiccoughs etc.

Still don't have any agreed antenatal care, but hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Squiggler - how far are you gone now? Where are you now with whole process of sorting out the anti natal care?

I hear a lot of talk of kicks and punches etc ... but I dont think I am feeling that. To me it feels like a huge twitch very low in my pelvis. It goes on for a few seconds each time and sometimes I dont feel for ages and other times its fairly constant. Sometimes it feels like baby is grabbing the cord and giving it a good pull!

Am I confusing this with something else?!

• Advertisement

MintyDoris wrote: »
    Squiggler - how far are you gone now? Where are you now with whole process of sorting out the anti natal care?

I hear a lot of talk of kicks and punches etc ... but I dont think I am feeling that. To me it feels like a huge twitch very low in my pelvis. It goes on for a few seconds each time and sometimes I dont feel for ages and other times its fairly constant. Sometimes it feels like baby is grabbing the cord and giving it a good pull!

Am I confusing this with something else?!

MintyDoris, 21 weeks completed yesterday. I've been feeling movement since about 18 weeks (flutters from 17) but this is my second pregnancy and I definitely felt (or recognised) them earlier this time.

Sounds like you are beginning to feel movement :) Give it another week or two and you'll be in no doubt whatsoever.

We have a Self Employed Community Midwife who is more than willing to care for us and assist us through a homebirth (provided all continues to go well), the HSE are perfectly willing to sign off on that, as long as a consultant confirms that I am currently experiencing a normal pregnancy (which 2 have, just not in writing and not to the HSE).

The consultants are another matter, the first wanted us to agree to induction, or planned c-section at 37 weeks. The latest, while telling us that he respects our right to choose, has said that he would want us to agree to induction at 40 weeks "if not before" but has given no clear indications as to his reasoning for this, or what basis he would be pushing for a pre-40 week induction.

While he admits that he cannot provide us with the level, and type, of care we want he seems extremely reluctant to allow anyone else to care for us.

We are not willing to agree to any interventions that are not medically necessary and based on our personal circumstances (i.e., our test results, as opposed to statistical information and hospital policy).

So we have a very interesting Mexican stand-off. We could really do without it, but at least having these arguments now means we shouldn't have to face them later on in the pregnancy.

Advertisement