Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

3496277836.png

Tesgoooooo Mobile Broadband.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

3505202690.png

My Meteor 3G connection from my iPhone 5c not sure why it's saying Eircom .. it used to say Meteor guess it makes sense since Eircom own them.

And this was the speed i was getting on 4G in Dublin airport on wednesday night when i get home from spain.

3506250164.png

Tesco 3G again.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

tesco mobile for me too eek.png
    833786396.png

98057820.png

me thinks my fixed wireless will be getting cancelled rather soon!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Scruff wrote: »
    tesco mobile for me too eek.png
    833786396.png

98057820.png

me thinks my fixed wireless will be getting cancelled rather soon!

3G is great but I find it very unreliable the majority of the time.

Great speeds one minute and quite poor the next. Even some speed tests vary widely only minutes apart!

I find Vodafone to be the most consistent for me anyway.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3529448289 Meteor 3G speeds tonight . Downloading at over 2.1 Mb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I get better 3g signal in the Outback in Australia than i did 11 kilometers from the city centre in Dublin

3G on Vodafone .

3642062194.png

4G in my area :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

jay93 wrote: »
    3642062194.png

4G in my area :D

I wish..... you jammy bugger :p lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

bijou wrote: »

20 GB cap with Vodafone however is the only bad side to that speed :(

The data limits on the 4g service are pretty bad with 3 offering the best data cap with arguably the worst connection

It's like having your car upgraded to a Ferrari and only being able to drive it at 20 kmph to save fuel

Very annoying!

Haha i was suprised to see 4G been rolled out in my area i wasnt expecting it til next year ! The test i took was when it was still been rolled out i took another now today that its fully up and running and the upload is much higher ! :)

Thats true the test was my iPhone 5C tethered to my laptop with only a 500mb mobile broadband add on. I got a 4G modem on Bill Pay today and Vodafone messed it up and didnt give me a proper SIM card with it.

The limit is 20GB on that as you said i have DSL at home so i dont mind and Vodafone / eircom are working on fibre in my area this past month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

I suppose I'm stuck with my bucket on the roof for a while yet so...... having said that o2 have increased my allowance to 30gb a month though :rolleyes:

I suppose I'm stuck with my bucket on the roof for a while yet so...... having said that o2 have increased my allowance to 30gb a month though :rolleyes:

Still stuck with three myself for mobile broadband - as for my phone - supposed to have outdoor 4g from Vodafone but no sign of it on my note 3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Vroom vroom vodafone in celbridge.

What Vodafone dont tell you is that on pre pay RED plan that gives you 4G after you use your 1GB of data your data drops to 3G . :( I'm not happy with that at all 1GB On 4G Is pretty crappy to be honest.

Still they havnt gotten my bill pay 4G modem working yet .. So I'm going to visit the store again tomorrow and see whats the story been talking to over 7 people at Vodafone now and none of them seem to have a clue and they say Three customer service are bad !

I'm moving back to 3 myself for my phone tomorrow and wait it out til i get 4G with them in my area Vodafones limits for data on my phone isnt good enough for me .

Ill post 4G tests from my modem tomorrow if Vodafone sort it out .

jay93 wrote: »
    What Vodafone dont tell you is that on pre pay RED plan that gives you 4G after you use your 1GB of data your data drops to 3G . :( I'm not happy with that at all 1GB On 4G Is pretty crappy to be honest.

Still they havnt gotten my bill pay 4G modem working yet .. So I'm going to visit the store again tomorrow and see whats the story been talking to over 7 people at Vodafone now and none of them seem to have a clue and they say Three customer service are bad !

I'm moving back to 3 myself for my phone tomorrow and wait it out til i get 4G with them in my area Vodafones limits for data on my phone isnt good enough for me .

Ill post 4G tests from my modem tomorrow if Vodafone sort it out .

Just switched from three myself to Vodafone - was sick of the customer service and poor service so beware mate - they can be worst in terms of customer support and service. Im on bill pay myself though and have a 5 gig addon on top of my 8gb data included with my business plan - not a great amount of data on 4g either

• Advertisement

The other networks need to up the data even if it's just the 4g BB plans

Everyone is going at 3 since their data allowance is actually reasonable to the pathetic data limits the other lads with actual customer service offer

Good customer service with crap data limits

or

Bad customer service with decent data limits!

If you can make 3 work for you it's not so bad but it's a bloody hard job to get it consistent and reliable!

Just switched from three myself to Vodafone - was sick of the customer service and poor service so beware mate - they can be worst in terms of customer support and service. Im on bill pay myself though and have a 5 gig addon on top of my 8gb data included with my business plan - not a great amount of data on 4g either

Vodafone customer support were pretty poor the people I have talked to anyway but they seemed to have sorted out the problem with my 4G modem eventually . Only reason I'm back to 3 is for the unlimited data on 3pay only for that wouldn't go near em been with em for years and the data speeds are quite slow but I have noticed since I switched back the data speeds have been 5Mb/s + usually I only got between 0-3 at best during the day.

Vodafones network Is really good cant say anything bad about them but the data limits kill me 1GB isn't enough at all I ended up putting over 50€ into my phone when I was with Vodafone because of data limits, they did have 3G dual carrier In my area tho and I used to get between 12-20Mb/s on 3G which was impressive.

What kind of speeds do you get on o2 ? With this new better network thing 3 are talking about since they now own o2 you might have a chance of getting 4G :D

3655720476.png

Little slower than normal I was getting over 48 Mb/s earlier but I was close to the mast at the time still much better than 3G. The upload is faster than my DSL download which maxes out at around 14.5 Mb/s

3669675714.png

Tesgoooooo Mobile Broadband.

3669675714.png

Tesgoooooo Mobile Broadband.

That's really good for Tesco when i was with them their speeds were slow at the time around 1Mb/s if i was lucky i think i read on boards that they updated their service to support higher speeds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Another day another better 3g signal than home!

Been traveling around Australia in a van for 6 months and got better signal in the backarse of nowhere than at home

3672032571.png

here's one more :pac:

3G in my area :3675458546.png

4G : 3675460566.png

:pac:

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »
    The other networks need to up the data even if it's just the 4g BB plans

Everyone is going at 3 since their data allowance is actually reasonable to the pathetic data limits the other lads with actual customer service offer

Good customer service with crap data limits

or

Bad customer service with decent data limits!

If you can make 3 work for you it's not so bad but it's a bloody hard job to get it consistent and reliable!

True 3 are terrible the data speeds are horrible as a result of the unlimited data theres no way to stop people using the all you can eat data on a laptop or other devices some people even use it instead of paying for 3broadband or DSL .

i have to get away from 3 switched back to them from Vodafone few weeks ago regret it so badly now i remember why i left them 0.20mb/s download speeds most the time , headed back to Vodafone even tho the data limit is crappy i dont use mobile internet much im always on wifi i also have one of the Vodafone 4G wifi modems with 20GB on that .

Going back to Vodafone for better coverage too and for 4G on my phone missing that alot ! their 3G is miles faster than 3 some nights on 3G i can hit over 20Mb/s which is faster than my DSL sometimes the 4G hits 50Mb/s altough its capped on the phone itself at 1GB i mostly only use my phone for iMessage to my girlfriend in the USA so it's not a big deal on 3 it's impossible to even send one sometimes and when you drop to E or GPRS nothing works at all least with Vodafone it does.

Sim card ordered should be back with them by wednesday hopefully:p

Advertisement