Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 24th. October 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

LLS planning meeting ...

"Do we want to get Bono again?"

"Nah, he's out of fashion. The new album bombed. Nobody will be excited about having him on again"

"Hang on - it says here he has Glaucoma! I need that for my Misery Bingo Card. Great, sign him up and print out his Wikipedia Page so we don't need to do any research. And the Glaucoma Wikipedia Page. Another week, another Illness!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

It's not just Kitteh's who can do war!!....:D

And for no other reason than to show this...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bono? Ooh, how did they manage to convince him to do a television interview? He's notoriously reclusive. I wonder what he sounds like.

Wait, wait, wait. That's not right.

Ah sure, fair enough, we've seen him a million times, but he's an actual famous person so we should grab it with both hands. Any idea what the filler around that extreme mutual appreciation-fest is gonna be?

One other thing, Skid, if himself is in for the misery slot, it could get a lot worse than glaucoma!

One other other thing, Grey, that Nevin chap from the other week is cooking up a fine Hake & beans on RTE 1 just now.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

One other other thing, Grey, that Nevin chap hunk from the other week is cooking up a fine Hake & beans on RTE 1 just now.

FYP Donie!....:D

I'm a sucker for the fish and chips!!....;)

I'd even share them with a "Bono on a sympathy kick"....:pac:

(though dodgy eyes run in the family....:()

Yeah, it won't be just Glaucoma talk, I've seen a preview of the interview ...

Presenter "How's Adam Clayton?"

Bono "Adam Claytom is Fine"

Presenter "How's the Drummer?"

Bono: "The Drummer is Fine" ...

• Advertisement

Excellent Skid!!... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

When is the line up announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

U2 were alright last week on Graham Norton quite tolerable and entertaining even Bono

When is the line up announced?

Hard to know, sometimes they don't list the guests until close to transmission time.

It's never a good sign when that happens, it usually means Eileen from the RTE Canteen is on standby to do her Patsy Cline medley and tell Ryan some of her funny stories about working in RTE.

Skid X wrote: »
    Hard to know, sometimes they don't list the guests until close to transmission time.

It's never a good sign when that happens, it usually means Eileen from the RTE Canteen is on standby to do her Patsy Cline medley and tell Ryan some of her funny stories about working in RTE.

I'm praying Bono and his dodgy eyes are the misery slot somehow....:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I have it on good authority that we will find out more about U2 this week... After the big reveal of Bono's glaucoma on The Graham Norton Show last week, it's The Edges turn this week.. Apparently that hat he wears it to hide a disease that he suffers from... Alopecia.... Should I use spoiler tags?

Adam Clayton had Laser Eye Surgery years ago and it didn't go well - he can't drive at nighttime because he can't see the lights properly ... but he had the good sense to take the night off and let the other two deal with Ryan's bizarre questions.

I have it on good authority that we will find out more about U2 this week... After the big reveal of Bono's glaucoma on The Graham Norton Show last week,?

You forgot the also the "shortarse syndrome" that makes Bono wear high heeled boots CH....It's a terrible thing when you're in the desert apparently...Makes your feet very susceptible to Verruca....or so I heard....;)

I remember having a Dermot Morgan tape back in the day, this was one of the songs on it. Bono has been around for a long long time, most people mentioned in the song have passed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Skid X wrote: »
    Yeah, it won't be just Glaucoma talk, I've seen a preview of the interview ...

This bit is not entirely unlike what happened last week on GN's show. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

U2 should pay their Tax in Ireland like everybody else!

It's a bit disingenuous telling us to send our Money to Africa when he won't even pay Tax here in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

I love their Music though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Im going to the show tonight so hoping its decent :-(

You forgot the also the "shortarse syndrome" that makes Bono wear high heeled boots CH....

Well I cant really slag him about that, since I met him down the clinic when we were both asking the doctor for "the pills that those people gave Lionel Messi when he was 12 years old"..

BIG controversy at TV3 with regard to their version of The Toy Show. Now there's a sleigh that I hope gets hit by a meteorite.

TV3+TOY+SHOW-6.jpg

It seems that TV3 have chosen Bryan McFadden, Karen Koster and JEDward to present their show this year. But a certain other presenter has been emotionally damaged at not finding him at the top of TV3's Christmas list.

Alan Hughes 'disappointed and hurt' at TV3's Toy Show snub

Ah yes, it's lucky they dont keep guns in the house, isnt it.... So, TV3 then had a big promo day for the show (see video linked below), when one of the reporter asked "Bryan, did you hear that Alan Hughes was a bit upset that he wasnt asked to do the show". So McFadden, adopting the demure of Bad Santa and seemingly hungover, responded in his usual classy manner...

Video here: Bryan McFadden Interview About TV3 Toy Show

"He's just not as cool as me. It's just a fact, sorry Alan. No kid wants to hear you talking about toys, Alan. I have kids, I know about toys. "

I would love if Alan Hughes released a statement saying "Bryan, I see more of my kids than you see of yours"... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Free copy of the new U2 album for every one in the audience (as long as you have iTunes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

There is so much you could ask them. Purely on music, probably biggest band in the world. On taxation and the hypocritical ****e Bono spouts. Adam and now Larry losing millions... But it'll be giddy schoolboy Tubbs, Bono being condescending and 'the aul' eye sight acting the maggot?'
    It'll be a wasted opportunity either way.

For Reals wrote: »
    There is so much you could ask them. Purely on music, probably biggest band in the world. On taxation and the hypocritical ****e Bono spouts. Adam and now Larry losing millions... But it'll be giddy schoolboy Tubbs, Bono being condescending and 'the aul' eye sight acting the maggot?'

Jeaysus! I don't suppose anyone's ever needed to ask you whether you're a "glass half full/glass half empty" type of person!!

BIG controversy at TV3 with regard to their version of The Toy Show. Now there's a sleigh that I hope gets hit by a meteorite.

TV3+TOY+SHOW-6.jpg

It seems that TV3 have chosen Bryan McFadden, Karen Koster and JEDward to present their show this year. But a certain other presenter has been emotionally damaged at not finding him at the top of TV3's Christmas list.

Alan Hughes 'disappointed and hurt' at TV3's Toy Show snub

Ah yes, it's lucky they dont keep guns in the house, isnt it.... So, TV3 then had a big promo day for the show (see video linked below), when one of the reporter asked "Bryan, did you hear that Alan Hughes was a bit upset that he wasnt asked to do the show". So McFadden, adopting the demure of Bad Santa and seemingly hungover, responded in his usual classy manner...

Video here: Bryan McFadden Interview About TV3 Toy Show

"He's just not as cool as me. It's just a fact, sorry Alan. No kid wants to hear you talking about toys, Alan. I have kids, I know about toys. "

I would love if Alan Hughes released a statement saying "Bryan, I see more of my kids than you see of yours"... :pac:

He probably thinks Jedward are his kids

Jeaysus! I don't suppose anyone's ever needed to ask you whether you're a "glass half full/glass half empty" type of person!!

Tubbs has never failed to disapoint is all.

There is so much you could ask them. Purely on music, probably biggest band in the world. On taxation and the hypocritical ****e Bono spouts.

It is a bit ridiculous though... Bono there giving out to the world leaders about not doing their fair share to help Africa and the poor... And he moves all his money to Holland to avoid paying his fair share in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I'm also going tonight and I hate U2 and Kevin Bridges. The prize better be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,537 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tubridy doesn't do tough interviews. He's useless.

I have very little time for Bono, but he did come across a lot better on GN last week than he usually comes across. I enjoyed it.

Is Daniel O'Donnell not on? He's due soon.

Kevin Bridges? Is he that Scottish comedian?

Ah, he's good, isn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Kevin Bridges? Is he that Scottish comedian?

Ah, he's good, isn't he?

I think he is hilarious, when describing Diego Simeone below he likened him
    to that of a nite club bouncer in a rough end of Glasgow with that "Nae tonight pal" look about him when you get to the door.
    148215.jpg

Advertisement