Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

yeh i'm the same.. luckily i have a treadmill at home aswell, cos for some reason i hate going out for walks.. too self conscious! i used to go to aerobics classes all the time when i was younger but i need to do something i can keep up. very inconsistent with exercise!
    Oh and lady lainy would u know the pp for a heaped teaspoon of nutella?? i have been pointing it as one but i have a funny feeling it might be more ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

yeh i'm the same.. luckily i have a treadmill at home aswell, cos for some reason i hate going out for walks.. too self conscious! i used to go to aerobics classes all the time when i was younger but i need to do something i can keep up. very inconsistent with exercise!
    Oh and lady lainy would u know the pp for a heaped teaspoon of nutella?? i have been pointing it as one but i have a funny feeling it might be more ??

I'm the same...dont like going out for walks...cos i get all gross and sweaty....dont want ppl to see me like that. plus roads too dangerous to walk with ipod on. and i cant walk without music. so treadmill is safer

I go by grams when ever i can...its safer.

in measuring...
    1 table spoon = 15g
    1 tea spoon = 5g

Nutella = 2pp per 15g
    Nutella = 1pp per 5g

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well, was up 1/2lb at WI. Kind of glad really, well not happy about it of course, but I think it has given me the kick up the a**e I need. I have been faffing around for over 6 weeks now and I really need to get my act together. Going to try and be sooo good this week. Have friends over for drinks on Friday, so I know I will probably use all my weeklies on alcohol, but other than that, I am going to try and make good food choices and I am seriously going to get back on the "exercise wagon".

Going to get back to my couch to 5k jogging. Basically gave it up over 5 weeks ago but I am determined to finish the program now. Going to try and go out for a morning jog tomorrow, hope it doesn't rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Right, here's the thing - over the last few weeks I have grown to enjoy going for a walk, but I'm a kind of fair weather walker and if it's raining I'm very slow to head out there so I was thinking of investing in either a treadmill or cross trainer thingy. Anyone with recommendations?

The nearby hotel has a gym but I might be lazy heading out to that too :rolleyes:, so I was thinking if I had something at home I might use it.

Caros wrote: »
    Right, here's the thing - over the last few weeks I have grown to enjoy going for a walk, but I'm a kind of fair weather walker and if it's raining I'm very slow to head out there so I was thinking of investing in either a treadmill or cross trainer thingy. Anyone with recommendations?

The nearby hotel has a gym but I might be lazy heading out to that too :rolleyes:, so I was thinking if I had something at home I might use it.

crosstrainers are great....but to get a decent one they are quite expensive...you can get ones quite cheap....but i'd be iffy about the quality...and what ever you do dont get self asembly....NIGHTMARE...i pissed 400 euro away last year on one...could never get it put together...had an engineer friend try to put it together....he couldnt do it..I had to get expensive one....cos it had to be one that took my weight

Try the crosstrainer a few times at the hotel...see how you like it...and then maybe RENT one for a month...see how much use you REALLY get out of it...rental companies will usually let you buy it then, and deduct the rental fee from the cost of the machine. google CRAZY FIT @ HOME.

the treadmill we have folds up, which is really handy. got it from crazyfit!they deliver all over the country, they're based in tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Thanks for that Lainy!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    crosstrainers are great....but to get a decent one they are quite expensive...you can get ones quite cheap....but i'd be iffy about the quality...and what ever you do dont get self asembly....NIGHTMARE...i pissed 400 euro away last year on one...could never get it put together...had an engineer friend try to put it together....he couldnt do it..I had to get expensive one....cos it had to be one that took my weight

Try the crosstrainer a few times at the hotel...see how you like it...and then maybe RENT one for a month...see how much use you REALLY get out of it...rental companies will usually let you buy it then, and deduct the rental fee from the cost of the machine. google CRAZY FIT @ HOME.

the treadmill we have folds up, which is really handy. got it from crazyfit!they deliver all over the country, they're based in tip

Really good advice! Made my ten percent today wahoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Hi Everyone,

I joined WW propoints today. It's my first time trying WW so I'm a bit nervous..I'm hoping to lose just over a stone.. I think it'll be difficult but I'm up for the challenge :) I really hope I can stick with it and learn the points and have a loss next week. Great seeing all the losses here, such good motivation!

Hi Everyone,

I joined WW propoints today. It's my first time trying WW so I'm a bit nervous..I'm hoping to lose just over a stone.. I think it'll be difficult but I'm up for the challenge :) I really hope I can stick with it and learn the points and have a loss next week. Great seeing all the losses here, such good motivation!

welcome on board. any questions you have over the week jot them down to ask your leader in meeting.. .(get your money worth)

and ask on here too,

(weeklies are optional....its up to you weather you use them....)

i've enclosed a few handy propoint lists. and the recipe for the bran muffins we're always talking about, the bran muffins are 4pp each

opheila wrote: »
    Really good advice! Made my ten percent today wahoooo

THATS GREAT! WELL DONE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I posted a similar post previously, as my tracker is an xls sheet Im able to run all sorts of stats for my self. Last time, my top20 included coke 330mls, focattia(?spelling?) and other not so healthy foods.

my current top20 foods consumed by me since starting my diet are:
    Apple 108.06%
    Banana 95.16%
    Milk Low Fat 79.03%
    Salad 64.52%
    Potato Salad 1 tbsp 58.87%
    Egg (medium) 51.61%
    Rice Krispies 30grm 50.81%
    Dessert Vanilla Lidl 43.55%
    Orange 42.74%
    Cooking Oil 39.52%
    Fruit Salad 38.71%
    Beetroot 37.90%
    Speculoos(1) 36.29%
    Chicken Fillet 34.68%
    Merengue 33.87%
    Onion 33.87%
    Soup Work 33.87%
    Salad Dressing (Work) 1tbsp 33.06%
    Butter(lowlow) 30.65%
    Mayo Lite 1tbsp 29.84%

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Wow Lady Lainy, thats amazing! Thank you so much, it's great to have such a detailed reference!

It's amazing that you can have everything in moderation.. Can't wait to see the results :)

Wow Lady Lainy, thats amazing! Thank you so much, it's great to have such a detailed reference!

It's amazing that you can have everything in moderation.. Can't wait to see the results :)

in serious moderation...but when eating out...do try to make the healthiest choice...dont just go for the same old foods even tho they might be within your points...eating those foods is why we're in ww...

you can eat out....but do make the best possible choices....

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I posted a similar post previously, as my tracker is an xls sheet Im able to run all sorts of stats for my self. Last time, my top20 included coke 330mls, focattia(?spelling?) and other not so healthy foods.

my current top20 foods consumed by me since starting my diet are:
    Apple 108.06%
    Banana 95.16%
    Milk Low Fat 79.03%
    Salad 64.52%
    Potato Salad 1 tbsp 58.87%
    Egg (medium) 51.61%
    Rice Krispies 30grm 50.81%
    Dessert Vanilla Lidl 43.55%
    Orange 42.74%
    Cooking Oil 39.52%
    Fruit Salad 38.71%
    Beetroot 37.90%
    Speculoos(1) 36.29%
    Chicken Fillet 34.68%
    Merengue 33.87%
    Onion 33.87%
    Soup Work 33.87%
    Salad Dressing (Work) 1tbsp 33.06%
    Butter(lowlow) 30.65%
    Mayo Lite 1tbsp 29.84%

wow big changes, so did you cut out the coke altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

wow big changes, so did you cut out the coke altogether?

no, still have it(had a can today;)) but nowhere near as often as I used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Lost 2 lbs this week!!!
    So surprising considering I had chocolate and two big dinners this weekend at work..

My job is the biggest challenge I have. Chefs really dont know how to make anything without butter or cream!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

hiya peeps......the boards been really busy tonite.....you guys been chatting up a storm!!!!

did another C25K workout this evening, so far I am going along grand and have managed to increase my speed when I run so am pleased with myself!!! had a yummy dinner of poached eggs, rasher medallions, beans and mushrooms am still stuffed......had a sneaky peek on the scales and looks like I will be up at WI tomorrow.....oh well.....I know why so not gonna dwell on it, just work harder this week.

must admit I am a treadmill girl......don't like crosstrainers......feels un-natural to me (I sheepishly admit I have no co-ordination on the thing :o) but try them both out and see what you prefer......defo agree with Lainy, don't go the self assembly route its a nightmare!!! I got my treadmill a few years ago and after a short spell as a clothes horse :o it is now being used properly and worth every penny as the roads round me are lethal.....would spend the walk leaping into ditches.....so ipod and indoor running for me:D

wow GT thats an interesting way to look at what you eat.....and congrats on ditching the coke. I have given up fizzies all together, even the diet ones, if I crave bubbles I add a bit of soda water to sugar free cordial.....much nicer!

off to catch up on the posts and see what I missed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hi all,feelin much happier 2day,thanks for encouraging replies!!! sorry,LL was gone offline so didn't get to tell u channel the bigger loser was on.MUCH more motivated 2day,got my self organised,A5 note book,washed and preped all veg and fruit that i had(and actually used them),went for hour walk this morn and tracked every morsel!! Only went over my 29 by 3 but as i was starting afresh,had my 49 so have 46 left. Not goin to use activity points.
    Loved all the posts about ye're reasons 2 lose weight and Lainy ur posts aren't too long,their great!!
    thanks again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Does anyone know if there is any benefit to drinking Bulmers Light instead of Bulmers Pear? Would a bottle of Coors light be better than a bottle of Miller? They have the same pro point value but it would probably make me feel better drinking the light option even though I prefer Bulmers pear. I use some of my 49weeklie points on a few drinks at the weekend and I want to make the best choices.

Does anyone know if there is any benefit to drinking Bulmers Light instead of Bulmers Pear? Would a bottle of Coors light be better than a bottle of Miller? They have the same pro point value but it would probably make me feel better drinking the light option even though I prefer Bulmers pear. I use some of my 49weeklie points on a few drinks at the weekend and I want to make the best choices.

isnt any point difference in bulmers light and pear in the 500ml cans both are 6pp

Kopperberg pear is 8pp (cos its a sweet cider) bulmers is a dry cider

• Advertisement

isnt any point difference in bulmers light and pear in the 500ml cans both are 6pp

Kopperberg pear is 8pp (cos its a sweet cider) bulmers is a dry cider
    Is there any advantage in drinking the light option? Kopperberg is nice too!!

Is there any advantage in drinking the light option? Kopperberg is nice too!!

it might have less calories...i dont drink bulmurrs...kopperberg is my drink..but at 8pp....not a chance!

it might have less calories...i dont drink bulmurrs...kopperberg is my drink..but at 8pp....not a chance!

If I go out for a drink, I feel guilty ordering the bulmers pear instead of bulmers light. Theres a part of me that wants to believe that I could have a little bit extra or I'm using less points if I go for the light one! I know they have the same pro point value but I think I was just hoping that someone would tell me that they don't!! If i'm going to use my weeklies on a few drinks, I'm going 2allow for them in my points and enjoy them guilt free....and try to avoid the munchies afterwards!!

If I go out for a drink, I feel guilty ordering the bulmers pear instead of bulmers light. Theres a part of me that wants to believe that I could have a little bit extra or I'm using less points if I go for the light one! I know they have the same pro point value but I think I was just hoping that someone would tell me that they don't!! If i'm going to use my weeklies on a few drinks, I'm going 2allow for them in my points and enjoy them guilt free....and try to avoid the munchies afterwards!!

frozen daquri's are only 4pp...you could indulge in a few cocktails.

spirits are 3pp

bacardi breezer orange is 4pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 louin

Hi all, just joined boards today and WW last week. Had my second WI this evening and lost 5lbs, delighted :D
    Loving this board, finding it a great help. Just wondering, if any of ye had a top tip to give to a newbie WW, what would it be? I've a long road to travel, I'm determined to do it, but i'm taking it day by day, week by week.

Oh Lainey, thanks for the drinks points sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well I did it. Got out for my morning exercise. Back to couch to 5k, left off at the end of week 5 but think I am going to have to start back at end of week 4. Managed 2 5 minute jogs and the rest walking. Happy with that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Might try that at some point, just wont be near any shop for at least another week or so.
    how do you make them? what do they taste like?

Sweet Pototo is lovely, Lainy! Just peel them, dice them up, crank up the oven as high as it will go, spray a baking tray with oil, put the SP on them and spray them with oil. Bung them in the oven for about 40mins, turning once. Just be careful not to cut them into too big of chunks or they go a bit soggy instead of crispy. And they tend to go a bit black around the edges but they taste delish! A bit like BNS but sweeter. And they are so filling too :D

Just on the Nutella front, cos I used to be addicted to it - when I'm measuring it out, I get my measuring spoons, dip them into a drop of hot water, then use them to scoop out the Nutella. That way you know exactly how much you are getting and because the spoon is warm, it will just slide off on to whatever you having it on!

WI tonight, feeling nervous cos I really want to be down especially after last week. I've worked really hard this week to track accurately and do more exercise. I've my tracker in my bag to give to my leader - very nervous about this!

Monife wrote: »
    Well I did it. Got out for my morning exercise. Back to couch to 5k, left off at the end of week 5 but think I am going to have to start back at end of week 4. Managed 2 5 minute jogs and the rest walking. Happy with that :)

thats great! thats a serious NSV - non scale victory! Well done :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Sweet Pototo is lovely, Lainy! Just peel them, dice them up, crank up the oven as high as it will go, spray a baking tray with oil, put the SP on them and spray them with oil. Bung them in the oven for about 40mins, turning once. Just be careful not to cut them into too big of chunks or they go a bit soggy instead of crispy. And they tend to go a bit black around the edges but they taste delish! A bit like BNS but sweeter. And they are so filling too :D

Just on the Nutella front, cos I used to be addicted to it - when I'm measuring it out, I get my measuring spoons, dip them into a drop of hot water, then use them to scoop out the Nutella. That way you know exactly how much you are getting and because the spoon is warm, it will just slide off on to whatever you having it on!

WI tonight, feeling nervous cos I really want to be down especially after last week. I've worked really hard this week to track accurately and do more exercise. I've my tracker in my bag to give to my leader - very nervous about this!

sweeter than BNS? i dont like BSN cos i find it too sweet lol

well after all my talk yesterday...i forgot to take the minute steak out of freezer. So going to have some yellow fin sole and probably end up having a few running poached eggs....more eggs....but poached eggs are YUM!

sneak peak on the scales......looking good! As long as i dont get an attack of the munchies tomorrow night i'll be happy saturday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

sweeter than BNS? i dont like BSN cos i find it too sweet lol

well after all my talk yesterday...i forgot to take the minute steak out of freezer. So going to have some yellow fin sole and probably end up having a few running poached eggs....more eggs....but poached eggs are YUM!

sneak peak on the scales......looking good! As long as i dont get an attack of the munchies tomorrow night i'll be happy saturday morning!

I love butternut (I assume that is BNS :o), I roast it in the oven with a sprinkle of cinamon its yummy!!! Love sweet potato as well, when I was weaning my kiddies I used to make a bowl for them and a bowl for me :rolleyes:, must try it roasted (thanks Shoe lover)

I love poached eggs as well, used to be really rubbish at making them (can't do the dropping them in water in the pot thing :o) but got some poaching rings yesterday so the egg stays put had some for my dinner last night and they are on the cards today for lunch as well!!!

well done monife thats brilliant!!! i am also doing the couch to 5km, am on week 2 and really enjoying it :cool:

Hope the scales go ok for you today shoelover!!! I have my WI tonite as well but I know I will be up cause I was bold :o have been good since and planning to work really hard for the next week. Thanks for the nutella tip, I love the stuff but don't buy it cause measuring a correct portion was a nightmare......got new measuring spoons yesterday so might give it a go again!!!

hey louin, welcome to the board.....and congrats on a brilliant first week!!! my top tip would be TRACK everything honestly, if you track you know what you are eating.....I point and track everything even when I fall off the wagon :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement