Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Ive my WI thursday, my 1st since sat b4 last!! Im sooooo nervous. First wk lost 5.5lbs,then was up 1lb. It seems ANYTIME I begin exercising lately, I come down with something. Ive been goo eating wise, I was exercising well, even went home at weekend and dad told me I was looking well, which is a MASSIVE COMPLIMENT by him!!! But I had all these plans for my exercise and got a very bad throat infection fri night.
    Last week had been xercising all week before and got a bug!!
    Am I doing something wrong with my diet?? If Im not sick I feel exhausted....Im a bit worried as since Sept have been really sick at least 5 times and before then I had not been sick for yrs!!
    I even ordered my new bike fri and bought protein shakes, Its like my body is allergic to exercise!!! My hol to Africa is only around the corner, I should be out buying bikinis!!! NOT YET THOUGH, IVE 2 STONE TO GO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

brightstar wrote: »
    I have been away all weekend so just catching up on all now..I got 3 in these last week..

On another note I now have to buy loads of sunrice when I go as my hubbie and 20 month old daughter (not that she gets too many) absolutely LOVE them...

Brightstar my 20mth old is mad about them too had to stop buying them as she was at the press every 5 mins asking for a choccy biccie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Layla0509 wrote: »
    If I made a quorn lasagne tonight would it be ok in the fridge for dinner tomoro night (after it's cooled)

yeah it should be grand. same as reheating "normal" lasagne :) Thats what i did with the one i made and it was LOVELY!

LOL maybe have something out just incase you dont like it :P Dont kill me if ye dont like it tho....i've been told i have odd food tastes haha!

of course beef would be nicer...but hey....the quorn aint bad for "fake meat"

this place is a full time job....just keeping up with it!

Wrecked now! Just finished grooming for the day! WOW the dog turned out amazing! keeps my hands busy....keeps me on my feet and outside away from the computer!

havent had a drop of water today....only in coffee but i dont count that as "good water" thats bonus water! :P 1 pint of water down....2 to go and that'll be roughly my 2 litres...plus the coffee prob makes up another litre!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Brightstar my 20mth old is mad about them too had to stop buying them as she was at the press every 5 mins asking for a choccy biccie

That is hilarious as I have had to relocate them about 3 times already cos she is after them, I'd say if they were in the bin she wouldn't care and she hates the bin makes the most disgusted face when she is anywhere near it!

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    yeah it should be grand. same as reheating "normal" lasagne :) Thats what i did with the one i made and it was LOVELY!

LOL maybe have something out just incase you dont like it :P Dont kill me if ye dont like it tho....i've been told i have odd food tastes haha!

of course beef would be nicer...but hey....the quorn aint bad for "fake meat"

Thanks Lainy I like quorn have frozen quorn bolognese and frozen it then reheated in the microwave before but was just worried it wouldn't keep if it's been cooled & kept in the fridge over night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

brightstar wrote: »
    That is hilarious as I have had to relocate them about 3 times already cos she is after them, I'd say if they were in the bin she wouldn't care and she hates the bin makes the most disgusted face when she is anywhere near it!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: post 666

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

flamelily wrote: »
    i think it is cause it starts you off slow and builds you up to the 'big event' :) I am gonna give it a go and am starting tonite, it gives me a goal to work towards which will motivate me to get up on the old treadmill!!!

Pity ladys mini marathon is on so soon otherwise would be aiming for that! Need to get a good sports bra before even attempting it though looking forward to it though powerwalking is getting boring

I find porridge wit lots of honey is only way to go

opheila wrote: »
    Pity ladys mini marathon is on so soon otherwise would be aiming for that! Need to get a good sports bra before even attempting it though looking forward to it though powerwalking is getting boring

I find porridge wit lots of honey is only way to go

yeah when i started eating porridge...dear god i say it was more sugar than porridge! but weaned my self off the sugar.

honey/nutella/apple sauce/ microwaved mushed strawberrys (0pp jam)
    ww dessert yoghurts,

all ways to jazz up up porridge..

i second that on the bra! I think i might go get fitted....cos none of my bra's fit...i'm losing my boobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Laurbie

Hey guys, having Stew for dinner tonight and no idea how to point it. Its steak pieces, oxtail soup and lots of veg.. Say a medium portion? Any ideas? :confused:
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Laurbie wrote: »
    Hey guys, having Stew for dinner tonight and no idea how to point it. Its steak pieces, oxtail soup and lots of veg.. Say a medium portion? Any ideas? :confused:
    Thanks

are you making it your self, you'll have to point the individual ingredients. Check the little booklets you get at meetings, I'm say steak is probably listed in for foods part.

yeah when i started eating porridge...dear god i say it was more sugar than porridge! but weaned my self off the sugar.

honey/nutella/apple sauce/ microwaved mushed strawberrys (0pp jam)
    ww dessert yoghurts,

all ways to jazz up up porridge..

i second that on the bra! I think i might go get fitted....cos none of my bra's fit...i'm losing my boobs!

Isn't that the worst boobs just disappear while my belly stays and no idea how to lose that belly weight

I'm the opposite losing weight everywhere but boobs is annoying pretty soon I'll look like a bloody playboy bunny or something!

I'm the opposite losing weight everywhere but boobs is annoying pretty soon I'll look like a bloody playboy bunny or something!

Jealous!!!!

I'm just hoping...as they shrink they get perkier :P something nice to show off when i lose all the weight...short skirt. high heels, skimpy tops :P haha

plah plah...still coughing up hair!!!!

THIS is what I've been up to all morning. 10.30 - 14.00 wrecked! my arm is killing me from the brushing...

Very cute pooch!

I know beggars can't be choosers

Might cave and buy ab circle pro ... does anyone find it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Just had a portion of maggi seasoning but instead of any meat i used large chunks of mushrooms,peppers,onions, courgettes and cherry tomatoes and a small portion of rice a lot of dinner for 6 points and it was yummy.will be trying the other flavours soon.I bought mine in supervalue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

god I wish I had that problem.....I am with the other girls, the only thing that is shrinking at the minute is my chest!!! I want my thighs to shrink not my chest :(

had a grand day today, stuck to my points like glue and started my C25K this evening.....did workout 1 and survived so I am really pleased with myself.....determined to stick to it and tootsies crossed in a couple of weeks I will be running properly!!

WOW lainey, great job on the doggie.....looks GORGEOUS in the after shot!!!

For anyone who uses the WW small spaghetti cans for 3pp, these ones from tesco are same size, same points and cheaper!

Tesco Spaghetti Rings 215G :D

I find them really handy for lunch! :) 2 poached eggs, can of spaghetti and a 2 Aldi Blight medallions for 9pp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Made myself a supply of meringues:D

cant wait for dessert tomorrow evening!

Damn, they taste good!!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Had Tuna Steaks again for dinner last night :D They are so nice and so filling! 125g only 4pp :D:D And it looked a lot bigger than that because they are so thick!

Beans on Toast tonight because I have to go to the gym at 7pm and my sister will not be happy if I puke on her - lol :P This is my only exercise day of the week because I have an exam in Shannon (of all places) on Sat morning at 8am, so Study mania this week :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Damn, they taste good!!!:cool:

Love Merengues! I normally make Rachel Allen recipe ( have not pointed it as I have not made them lately., what recipe do you use? You have made me want meremgues!! LOL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Morning all, weigh in coming up tomorrow morning, had a pretty crappy weekend food wise and went over my weeklies by about 10 points I reckon. I just found it so tough eating out all the time. There seems to be so few options available that can keep you within your points. Anyway just having a whinge. Have been back on track the last two days so will hopefully be able to limit the damage. Going away for the long weekend so will not have as much control over my food I'd like but will do my best. Feeling a bit negative this week for the first time since I started, don't know how to snap out of it :(

So tomorrow is 1st of June! Perfect chance for us ALL to put the right step forward! I'm hoping to lose 5-6 lbs by the end of june. (hopefully more) but i think 5 or 6 lbs is reasonable, doable, HEALTHY weight loss with diet and excercise and less tv...i've noticed since i'm not watching as much tv...i'm not snacking as much!

On that note...off to do a aerobics dvd. just gotta finisha a few emails and tend to my farm (farmville addict)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

corasam wrote: »
    hey all,

so odd thing happened last night, i got out of bed to go loo and when i got to bedroom door everything blacked out, then i fainted and fell to floor. fine now, nothing hurt but i'm confused on cause. I did a 5K run for first time the day before, but I had been training for it (couch to 5K so built up slowly and gradually to the 5K). plus i drank lots of water on sunday and monday. and i don't think its down to diet but wanted to run it past my experts!

while far from idea, this is what I'd eaten - not my normal diet but it was my last day of work so went out for lunch and few drinks after work.

The only time I suffered from that was when I had just had a baby. Turns out my iron levels were low. Maybe you should get your levels checked. Hope you're OK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey
    Have WI tonight.. Feeling really crappy at the mo just feel like since i started exercising im not seeing a move in weight loss.:(. I am walking and running 3k 5 times a week and yesterday i walked 6k. I drinking 2 ltrs of water everyday and sticking to my dailies and have only used a few of my weeklies. Really hoping to be down a bit tonight but i feel like im not. Will let u no later how i get on...

Sorry for the rant...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Back from WI & I lost 1lb this week. Delighted. Now I only have 4lbs to go until I don't have to pay for my class any more, 9lbs to goal (I already have my gold card, but haven't been at goal since I got it 16 yrs ago). And I have now lost exactly 2 stone since the start of Jan. I must be doing something right!

Good luck to everyone else with their WIs this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Need to find more time in my day for Boards!hehe! Doubt my boss would agree though :D
    corasam wrote: »
    hey all,

so odd thing happened last night, i got out of bed to go loo and when i got to bedroom door everything blacked out, then i fainted and fell to floor. fine now, nothing hurt but i'm confused on cause.

Hope you're ok corasam....I know you didn't have that much to drink but alcohol does cause your blood sugars to drop.
    I know coz my dad is a diabetic and has had hypos after a few drinks if he doesn't eat something before he goes to bed.
    Must have been scary for you tho. Might be no harm getting a MOT from your GP just to be on the safe side.
    So tomorrow is 1st of June! Perfect chance for us ALL to put the right step forward! I'm hoping to lose 5-6 lbs by the end of june. (hopefully more) but i think 5 or 6 lbs is reasonable, doable, HEALTHY weight loss with diet and excercise and less tv...i've noticed since i'm not watching as much tv...i'm not snacking as much!

On that note...off to do a aerobics dvd. just gotta finisha a few emails and tend to my farm (farmville addict)

I had the same goal for May, but it didn't work out for me, again! But I went for a bit of a stroll with the OH last night and felt the better for it. He just saunters along sooooo slowly, but I figured that any exercise was better than none at all.
    So I'm going to try harder for June...no more evening treats and more exercise!
    opheila wrote: »
    Isn't that the worst boobs just disappear while my belly stays and no idea how to lose that belly weight

My belly and waist has definately shrunk and some bras are a lot more comfortable now. But the single most frustating thing for me is my thighs...I bought new trousers in Dorothy Perkins on Sat. But the size 18 waist is big on me...even with a belt, but it only fits nicely in the thighs!
    Have definitely noticed a big difference in my calfs tho...my boots zip the whole way up my calf now without much pressure.

But even tho I haven't lost any weight in the last four weeks, I've had loads of compliments from people so I'm thinking my shape is changing.

Well that's my tuppance worth! WI tomorrow and I'm dreading it.
    It's back to work for me deadlines looming and I've so much to do! :eek:

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey
    Have WI tonight.. Feeling really crappy at the mo just feel like since i started exercising im not seeing a move in weight loss.:(. I am walking and running 3k 5 times a week and yesterday i walked 6k. I drinking 2 ltrs of water everyday and sticking to my dailies and have only used a few of my weeklies. Really hoping to be down a bit tonight but i feel like im not. Will let u no later how i get on...

Sorry for the rant...

have you seen losses in other area, are clothes looser? jewelary looser?
    I know its incredible frustrating, maybe you need to start eating some of your weeklies, like track your activity points, and what ever they are...use that many of your weeklies, maybe go more protein and less carbs, change it up and give your system a bit of a shock and a wake up call. You might also need to drink about another 1/2 litre of water the day your excercising. Especially over the next few days, we're due to get a bit SUN SUN SUN from from tomorrow....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Wow - trying to catch up on this thread now. I haven't been on in a while and it'a full time job just reading all the posts!
    Anyway, I've had a disastrous weekend in terms of WW. I enjoyed the weekend but I was in various people's houses for 3 days so I had no (or very little) control over what I was eating. Anyway, if I'm very lucky I'll get away with a STS at my WI tonight.

On a brighter note, I was at a family event on Sunday and saw a lot of family I haven't seen in a long time. My sister (who was there too) has always been a size 8/10 and always looks fantastic. Anyway, 2 people (yes 2!) thought I was her!!! :D:D:D Now, before you get carried away, I'm a size 14 but I was a size 20/22 so I look very different to how I used to look. If they thought I was my sister, they must have thought my sister had put on a lot of weight (ha ha!) but when they realised it was me they were full of compliments. It was great - loads of people were commenting on my weight loss so I felt great.

So I'll be going to my WI tonight and then it's back on the wagon - big time! I'm 1lb from having 3 stone off so I want to get there asap!
    Good luck to everyone for a great week. :)

P.s - Flamelily - your "fudgegate" comment made me laugh out loud! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement