Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train delays - update

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭JayoCluxton

MOH wrote: »
    Prob wouldn't fit through my letterbox and then I'd have to go to the sorting office to collect it, too much hassle. A photo would do.

Saw one in a station this morning, claimed 96% punctuality, no mention of any 10 minute allowance.

Ok MOH I believe ya. If definitely was on them. I'm sure I wasn't imagining it in the same way that IE imagine they have 96% punctuality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

The 16.50 Bray-Drogheda 15 minutes late, in the middle of the peak evening services. Delays to services ahead of it+behind it. No information on train, or on platforms. How hard can it be to make basic announcements?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cor

Monday - 17:17 DART Pearse to Malahide arrived late at Pearse. By the time it got to Connolly the 17:28 train to Maynooth had already left and a lot of people missed their connection. DART got to my station 10 minutes late.

Wednesday - Same DART was late arriving at Pearse again. Got to Connolly and the Maynooth train was already pulling away from Platform 7. A guy on my carriage ran off the DART, and gave the Maynooth train driver a whistle and was waiving his arms. The Maynooth train stopped, I'm sure some of the train had already pulled away from the platform, and the people got their train. DART got to my station 9 minutes late.

cor wrote: »
    Monday - 17:17 DART Pearse to Malahide arrived late at Pearse. By the time it got to Connolly the 17:28 train to Maynooth had already left and a lot of people missed their connection. DART got to my station 10 minutes late.

Wednesday - Same DART was late arriving at Pearse again. Got to Connolly and the Maynooth train was already pulling away from Platform 7. A guy on my carriage ran off the DART, and gave the Maynooth train driver a whistle and was waiving his arms. The Maynooth train stopped, I'm sure some of the train had already pulled away from the platform, and the people got their train. DART got to my station 9 minutes late.

That same DART was late again this evening. It is only 4 carriages long, with 8 carriages worth of people trying to get on it. Hence the delays built up en-route. Interestingly, the delayed Howth bound DART behind it was 1/2 empty (8 carriages, with empty seats). They clearly have the wrong trains on the wrong services. Only the passengers suffer :mad:
    PS - of course my Drogheda service was stuck for 10 minutes behind the delayed Malahide service. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

cor wrote: »
    I was on those services too and pleasantly surprised to see the Maynooth train stop after travelling about a carriage length. There were enough other people crossing the platform and squeezing in to the back carriages that I had time to get near enough to the front where there was more space. Oh, and I'm quite sure the driver hadn't passed the end of the platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I was on the same DART, 14, minutes late at Killester.

Total time I've lost due to DART delays this month: 4 hours.

The 17.28 Pearse to Drogheda arrived on time this evening :)
    Hang though...it is only 6 carriages... run up the platform, although not as overcrowded considering it's 2 carriages short.
    We depart Connolly on time.....looking good.:)
    However, that is where we stop for 10 minutes, in complete silence.
    I rang Connolly information desk...oh, did I not know, there was a earlier fault impacting the 16.50 Connolly-Belfast service at Howth Junction.
    Hence all northbound DARTs and Drogheda services delayed.
    As always, no information, and late getting in.
    When I got off the train, the local station was announcing 15 minute delays to Drogheda-city centre services.

Rashers72 wrote: »
    The 17.28 Pearse to Drogheda arrived on time this evening :)
    Hang though...it is only 6 carriages... run up the platform, although not as overcrowded considering it's 2 carriages short.
    We depart Connolly on time.....looking good.:)
    However, that is where we stop for 10 minutes, in complete silence.
    I rang Connolly information desk...oh, did I not know, there was a earlier fault impacting the 16.50 Connolly-Belfast service at Howth Junction.
    Hence all northbound DARTs and Drogheda services delayed.
    As always, no information, and late getting in.
    When I got off the train, the local station was announcing 15 minute delays to Drogheda-city centre services.

Late again this evening, but a new event tonight. Driver advised as we pulled into Donabate, the late running Malahide service had delayed all services. And apologised. Think this also impacted southbound Drogheda+Belfast trains...

The new event continued.... same service 30 minutes late this evening, but driver made announcements. Incident on that Malahide service which is delaying nearly all evening services on a nightly basis....
    No announcements while we waited outside Connolly this morning at 8.30am for 10 minutes admiring the overgrowth beside the train wash :mad:

Rashers72 wrote: »
    The new event continued.... same service 30 minutes late this evening, (6/12) but driver made announcements.

I was on the 5.13 to Dundalk (6/12) when an elderly man collapsed beside me. He was in some distress and hopefully he is now recovering. We contacted driver through intercom and he stopped at next opportunity - Portmarnock. We were delayed for about 40 mins waiting for ambulance. This obviously had a serious knock-on for all services.

There is not a lot can be done about this incident. The driver was excellent and thanked those passengers for helping and also all for their patience.

Passengers in the vicinity were excellent - it actually brought out the good side in everyone.

Communication is a huge problem on trains. If there is a genuine problem commuters don't mind - just tell us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭patrickc

yesterday the 07.24 from carlow to dublin delayed by 11 mins, today the same train delayed by 21 mins and the 16.25 dublin to waterford left at 5 and got delayed again at sallins and naas by abother 10 mins. some doors wouldnt close and then engine trouble on the 16.25

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

ya i was the 16.25 waterford train. got dealyed by half an hour in heuston. then we like stopped outside naas? something about a bridge?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well knock me down with a steam engine - I got a full refund for my delayed journey four weeks back (the Sligo train incident). They even sent a fairly detailed letter on what happened with my train.

MOH - going back to a few posts on this thread in November (sad I know) we had a disagreement on whether or not 10 mins was the norm allowance before a train was considered late. I was sure I read it on their posters but it wasn't there then. Well in the immortal words of Kenneth Wolstenholme - It is now!

Just noticed a poster on this yesterday (on Drogheda train) and it says at the bottom that 10 mins is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Yep, saw that a couple of weeks ago on the Sligo line.

That's great news, next time I'm ten minutes late to work I can just claim that I'm on time in accordance with international standards :rolleyes:

Advertisement