Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your favourite mascara?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

No problem I was thinking it must be over. I did pick up this set at a bargain price though :) I use this cream as my night cream and love it!

http://www.asos.com/nip-fab/nip-fab-bee-sting-set-save-40-/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4956408&clr=Beesting&SearchQuery=nip+fab&pgesize=16&pge=0&totalstyles=16&gridsize=3&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up that Seventeen mascara today, so thanks for recommending it.
    It has that great thin wand I like.
    It's also a bargain at €8.99 :)

Will let you know how I get on with it.

I prefer the thinner wands too, I'm not dexterous enough to use the bigger ones without either making a mess or poking my eye out.

Candie wrote: »
    I prefer the thinner wands too, I'm not dexterous enough to use the bigger ones without either making a mess or poking my eye out.

Ever since I found that SuperFull by Avon mascara with its' thin wand, I became convinced that thin wands are the way to go when it comes to LOOOOONG lashes, as you can usually apply as many coats of mascara as you like without it clumping.

I've found the best mascaras for length are the ones with thin wands and those big wands are usually better for volume.
    Which is why I always use two mascaras.

I use a Seventeen mascara (in a white tube) which is a big wand, for volume, and the thin one for the length.

People are always commenting on the length of my lashes :)

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ever since I found that SuperFull by Avon mascara with its' thin wand, I became convinced that thin wands are the way to go when it comes to LOOOOONG lashes, as you can usually apply as many coats of mascara as you like without it clumping.

I've found the best mascaras for length are the ones with thin wands and those big wands are usually better for volume.
    Which is why I always use two mascaras.

I use a Seventeen mascara (in a white tube) which is a big wand, for volume, and the thin one for the length.

People are always commenting on the length of my lashes :)

I do like the thin wands. L'Oreal have a new one called Telescopic Shocking Extensions that fits the bill at first glance, especially since I like the regular Telescopic, and love the Telescopic Clean Definition ...

2369711.JPG

...but it was very dry straight off, and after five uses I threw it away because it was flaking off, and mascaras never flake off on me, and it didn't match the length of the regular one, never mind look like extensions. I had sent one to my sister in law to try and she threw hers away after a few tries too.

Anyway if you're tempted by that one, save your cash. I love mascara, it's the one thing I always wear and I buy any new ones that catch my eye, but that one is the biggest disappointment ever.

• Advertisement

_35.jpg

This is my favourite, I love how I can get two different looks from one mascara brush. I have suggested it to all the girls and converted a few of them.. for the price it is worth a try, €1.36 on ebay!!! Make sure it is the Yanqina brand one as there are others that look identical and are absolute rubbish.

I was also brought back some Misscha 4D mascara from Korea which I am liking but not as much as the above, it really is my holy grail.

Hi any chance you could PM or share what ebay seller you use? I did an ebay app search for Yanqina but it only brought up 3 listings for eyeliner no mascara. Would love to give this a try thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi any chance you could PM or share what ebay seller you use? I did an ebay app search for Yanqina but it only brought up 3 listings for eyeliner no mascara. Would love to give this a try thanks

Found this on ebay.com (nothing on ebay.co.uk) is this the one? Looks right
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Long-Curling-Eyelash-Black-Waterproof-Fiber-Mascara-Eye-Lashes-Makeup-/301623572825?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463a2a7959

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Hope this is ok to post up mods. Link to the ebay mascara. Super cheap but works a treat for me :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Lengthening-Curling-Eyelash-Black-Fiber-Mascara-Eyelashe-Makeup-Cosmetic-NoIQFO-/351237717301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51c7663d35

Either of the links should be fine :)

you are a star thank you both!! I'd never have found it as it didnt have brand name in the title. really appreciate it :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Bought this 2 weeks ago and I freaking love it! It's the best mascara I've ever used! I've had so many people ask me am I wearing false eyelashes this week! I love it and it's such a bargain!

http://m.boots.ie/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=roi&path=/en/Maybelline-Lash-Sensational-Lash-Multiplying-Mascara-9-5ml_1655586/

I bought the L’Oreal Miss Manga mascara at the weekend as lots of YouTubers were raving about it.
    I'm not too sure about it... it has a strange tapered brush with a bendable wand also... the whole thing feels flimsy to me.
    I tried it once and it’s gone to the back of the collection. I found it clumpy and a nightmare to apply neatly.

Has anybody else tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KMoon09

Wobbly_Legs, I use that mascara and I actually recommended it on here. I've been using it with over a year, and I'm very happy with it. I spent years looking for a mascara that wouldn't clump and give me panda eyes, which thankfully this mascara doesn't!! What I like is that it gives nice volume without looking OTT, especially for daytime. Sorry to hear you're disappointed with it...hate that feeling of spending money and looking forward to using a product only to be let down by it!

KMoon09 wrote: »
    Wobbly_Legs, I use that mascara and I actually recommended it on here. I've been using it with over a year, and I'm very happy with it. I spent years looking for a mascara that wouldn't clump and give me panda eyes, which thankfully this mascara doesn't!! What I like is that it gives nice volume without looking OTT, especially for daytime. Sorry to hear you're disappointed with it...hate that feeling of spending money and looking forward to using a product only to be let down by it!

I was hoping I would LOVE it:(, ill definitly give it another go because I refuse to let things go to waste. I had high hopes which just didnt work out for me but I will make the miss manga work somehow when I've run out of my current.:)

Right so I used the new Seventeen one (in the pink box) and yeah, it really is only for length and definition.
    I was able to apply several coats, which I like doing, but I still needed to use my VaVaVoom by Seventeen to get the volume I was after.
    I think I'll go back to Maybelline Illegal Lengths next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Benefit They're Real. I try new ones but always end up going back to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

_35.jpg

This is my favourite, I love how I can get two different looks from one mascara brush. I have suggested it to all the girls and converted a few of them.. for the price it is worth a try, €1.36 on ebay!!! Make sure it is the Yanqina brand one as there are others that look identical and are absolute rubbish.

I was in Boots yesterday & saw that Bourjois have this exact mascara! The packaging is the same, literally the only thing that's different is that it says Bourjois instead of Yanqina. I bought it because I thought I remembered someone recommending it, so if I like it I'll just buy the ebay one in future. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Star866

I used to hate mascara but on a whim I tried Dreamweave Lash construct mascara and I love it. It's definitely a daytime mascara but it has a lash treatment in it.
    For nighttime mascara I use w7's Lashtastic Mascara, it is meant to be a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.

I am an online shopaholic. I got mine from SimplyFoxy

Hi

Ordered this and on what i ordered in the photo it said Yanqina but on the tube i recieved it doesnt it says Aifeiya? Is yours the same?

Thanks

Hi

Ordered this and on what i ordered in the photo it said Yanqina but on the tube i recieved it doesnt it says Aifeiya? Is yours the same?

Thanks

Oh no :(
    I have had this problem also. Sometimes the seller will send out a different brand. When they do this, I message them and explain it is the yanquina one which I wanted, as was advertised, usually I'm either refunded or they send out the correct one.
    Last time I was sent a Shiseido one and it fell apart in two uses. :mad: This is why I said to try and get hold of the Yanqina one. Sorry this happened to you also. :(

• Advertisement

God not your fault at all :) I did exactly that yesterday and messaged them about the difference in brand. Ill see what they come back with and ask for refund or replacement. I remembered you saying to ensure it was Yanqina and checked the tube when it arrived. Bit crafty of them sending another brand - maybe a lot of people dont notice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Oh no :(
    I have had this problem also. Sometimes the seller will send out a different brand. When they do this, I message them and explain it is the yanquina one which I wanted, as was advertised, usually I'm either refunded or they send out the correct one.
    Last time I was sent a Shiseido one and it fell apart in two uses. :mad: This is why I said to try and get hold of the Yanqina one. Sorry this happened to you also. :(

Ive ordered it too - Ill let ye know.

I usually use Benefits Theyre Real having not had one I liked for years and years. I go more for volume and I hate clumping but because I dont wear make up that often my mascaras tend to get old and dry and clumpy long before I use them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I've been a LancÃ႒´me Hypnoise fan for years but I'm currently using Perversion by Urban Decay and am loving how long it makes my lashes look.
    Has anyone tried Extended Play Gigablack by Mac yet? Am thinking of trying it out but Mac mascaras have disappointed me in the past.

started using the YSL faux cils volume one the last week or so and I really like it - needs two coats but very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

My fave at the moment is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

Love bareMinerals Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123035876799_-1

and Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara False Lash Effect Mascara Superjet black

http://www.boots.ie/en/Soap-Glory-8482-Thick-Fast™-Super-Volume-Mascara-Superjet-Black_1238274/

They give great volume and length and they dry quickly which is brilliant so you don't end up with a line of smudged mascara where the lashes touch your skin (which I found with Benefit They're Real! Terrible!)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

Mac flash lash black lash is amazing! Expensive though so I use Rimmel now just as good

Advertisement