Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

garda corruption alive and well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There's no actual evidence to support him though. It's all just a story. And you expect us to believe a very unbelievable story with out evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Seo.OBriain

Grayson wrote: »
    There's no actual evidence to support him though. It's all just a story. And you expect us to believe a very unbelievable story with out evidence?

I didn't suggest anyone should believe anything without some proof and I'm not 100% convinced myself either. My point was that rather than sitting on the fence a lot of people are just taking the easy road, just dismissing it and labeling him a loon.

At the same time, there's no definitive evidence to prove what he says is untrue or that he is a loon and there won't be unless there's an investigation.

Assuming he is telling the truth, taking on the state is going to be a total nightmare for him.

Anyway, I would normally just ignore the banter that annoys me as it's a public forum and people can say what they think etc.

No big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I didn't suggest anyone should believe anything without some proof and I'm not 100% convinced myself either. My point was that rather than sitting on the fence a lot of people are just taking the easy road, just dismissing it and labeling him a loon.

Yeah, surprised at the unwavering trust and blind faith in the Gardai and the Irish legal system after the Morris Tribunal and whatever farce happened in Cork after the Du Plantier murder. The sheeplike kneejerk reaction seems to be to discount the guy as bonkers immediately, without even looking at the video in some cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

At the same time, there's no definitive evidence to prove what he says is untrue or that he is a loon and there won't be unless there's an investigation.

Assuming he is telling the truth, taking on the state is going to be a total nightmare for him.

Anyway, I would normally just ignore the banter that annoys me as it's a public forum and people can say what they think etc.

No big deal.

Actually some of the stuff he says is completely untrue. All his talk about indentation is based on a false foundation. And he isn't just claiming corruption, he's claiming a conspiracy against him from the top levels of Garda management to the bottom, the Judiciary, the Health and Safety Authority, the Revenue and his own solicitor. All because he use to go out with a detectives ex. In his first video he claimed he was charged with obstructing a warrant. He now claims there was no charge, conveniently relieving him of the chance to demand production of the warrant, a tangible piece of evidence. And his solicitor simply shrugged his shoulders at this?

For me the real tell is that he fled to England and came back for Christmas to find a warrant waiting for him for revenue related matters that he apparently knew nothing about beforehand. i mean, if there is one thing the Revenue loves to do it's right letters for everything. To claim a matter went all the way to court, to the stage a judge issued a warrant, in his absence without him having any knowledge of it is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

At the same time, there's no definitive evidence to prove what he says is untrue

It doesn't work like that. He has made the allegations therefore the burden of proof is on him. It's not up to the Gardai or anyone else to prove that the allegations are false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Innocent until proven guilty. That's what the judicial system is based upon. He has made a grand video for himself, but he hasn't produced any proof, and by making the video I'm sure he's putting his potential case into dodgy water, as media coverage of facts yet not proven can go against a case. He's either telling the truth but is a silly man, or he's lying through his teeth or covering facts on the hope that he can at least make a bit of money off telling his story.

Excuse me for a while, i'm off to make a video alleging that raided my house, planted drugs and arrested me for being a dealer. This all happened on Christmas Day just gone. I was also beaten in the barracks, and the Super fingered my bum. Said there were more drugs up there. There's no record of the arrest, as it happened on a bank holiday, but i said it so it has to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The note underneath the video is hilarious:

"Less than 72 hours after posting this video, Joe reported that "up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear" stormed his house while Joe and his family were still in bed. ...........

Couldn't blame them for that - that lad is "powered by"

www. integrityireland .ie , www .checkpoint .ie ... etc
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]About the Author
    [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Stephen Manning is a widely traveled professional educator with experience in several fields including the military; adventure sports; international tourism;
    [/FONT]
    Archery and Small Arms Skills
    Army Assistant Physical Training Instructor
    NATO Forces

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

knee deep in nut bag crazy

but sure its anti garda so its properly true

mynamejeff wrote: »
    knee deep in nut bag crazy

but sure its anti garda so its properly true

Maybe. I'm not anti Gardai at all, but I have an open mind.

Did you say the same about the McBrearty family when the corruption claims were first made?

hardly the same thing now is it.

this lad clearly has some serious mental health issues. just because he has access to the internet doesn't mean he has a valid cause.

• Advertisement

hardly the same thing now is it.

I don't know. Do you?

for the purposes of this conversation , yes , yes i do know ,

that man is in need of medication not likes on facebook and views on youtube

I know alot of Gardai, i honestly dont think they know how to be corrupt, let alone spell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Enjoy Heroin Responsibly

If the guy was just claiming to be the victim of a vendetta/stich-up by a redneck cop in a provincial backwater well yes the story is believable -these things do happen.

Where his story starts to fall apart is when cops are being brought in from Harcourt Street I mean redneck cops tend to be lazy by nature and are not going to be arsed arranging such a ludicrously elaborate conspiracy. Involving judges, lawyers and coppers from other parts of the country. The more elaborate the conspiracy the more likelihood of an honest cop becoming involved, smelling a rat and blowing the whistle.
    I watched the whole thing. 50 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

If one wants to post a long rambling monologue on the interweb without illustrating text of graphics why use youtube I mean what the fup's wrong with plain old fashioned searchable, quotable, bandwidth-light text ?

Posting a rant of this type on a video sharing site should be (and I'm sure Amnesty International and Human rights watch will back me up 100% on this) be a capital offence punishable by the most barbaric and twisted forms of torture devised by the most perverted minds with the family billed for the torturers time/materials and the whole procedure shown on national primetime television.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Couldn't you have made a video of those posts instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Where his story starts to fall apart is when cops are being brought in from Harcourt Street I mean redneck cops tend to be lazy by nature and are not going to be arsed arranging such a ludicrously elaborate conspiracy. Involving judges, lawyers and coppers from other parts of the country. The more elaborate the conspiracy the more likelihood of an honest cop becoming involved, smelling a rat and blowing the whistle.
    That aspect of his claims is corroborated.

if his computers were seized for sending threatening emails they would be analysed at the computer crime section which is part of NBCI.

hardly a x files style conspiracy

hardly a x files style conspiracy
    Gee, well I guess his partner and his father are lying also then when they back up his claim that some 20 odd SDU gardai from Harcourt Street forced their way into his house?

His partner is lying about being arrested at her place of work, taken to Claremorris Garda station and then being questioned about munitions and weaponry (and immediately afterwards lost her job....presumably on the basis of something that was said to her employer)?

And as regards the 'news item' you linked to in your pen-ultimate post, what business do you think the Gardai had with Mr. Doocey in stopping him on the road - on the very same day as he had been in court in a case he is taking against them!?

Did nt read that they appeared in court , Just that "he says that they say"

If his partner has a similar attitude to him i wouldn't fancy having her work for me either.

SDU and NBCI are completely different organisations organisations inside the gardai.

every one who disagrees with his point of view or tries to stop or prevent his behavior is part of a vast conspiracy against this poor mayo farmer.

the initial claim is that the gardai raided his house without a warrant. now its a incorrect warrant.

is it more likely that there is a vast conspiracy involving local and national garda the legal profession judges and the dpp and the media or that this man has some mental issues ?

as for stopping his after the court might well be that they knew he was committing a road traffic offence or existing warrants or any number of reasons but because this man preferred to risk the lives of gardai than pull over and asked to do.

as it stands he harassed one woman sent threats to judges and gardai disrupted courts damaged a innocent bystanders car and injured a garda ........

• Advertisement

Did nt read that they appeared in court , Just that "he says that they say" .......
    as for stopping his after the court might well be that they knew he was committing a road traffic offence or existing warrants or any number of reasons but because this man preferred to risk the lives of gardai than pull over and asked to do.
    Really? :-)

So you think that a Garda would pull him over when a number of court proceedings are in train (one of them only hours beforehand) - pointedly alleging garda malpractice/malfeasance?

And you allege who is delusional.....??
    mynamejeff wrote:
    the initial claim is that the gardai raided his house without a warrant. now its a incorrect warrant.
    It was reported that it was 'an incorrect warrant'. Mr. Doocey alleges that there was no warrant produced on the day - that he asked for one - and they said 'we don't need one'.
    mynamejeff wrote:
    If his partner has a similar attitude to him i wouldn't fancy having her work for me either.
    Ok, so she is guilty by association then? So - if you are employing someone and the guards come and whisper something in your ear, then you would immediately serve notice on your employee?
    mynamejeff wrote:
    as it stands he harassed one woman sent threats to judges and gardai disrupted courts damaged a innocent bystanders car and injured a garda ........
    Allegedly. And if that's innocence expressing itself, then you're a model citizen of a state where there's no accountability for state bodies nor is there any transparency. Sometimes it seems to me that citizens are deserving of the governance that they have at some stage endorsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

If all of this is true and it all started over a woman she must of been some looker. Any chance of a picture of her so we can all be the judge of whether he deserved the harassment or not????? :D

Really? :-)

So you think that a Garda would pull him over when a number of court proceedings are in train (one of them only hours beforehand) - pointedly alleging garda malpractice/malfeasance?

And you allege who is delusional.....??

Ok, so she is guilty by association then? So - if you are employing someone and the guards come and whisper something in your ear, then you would immediately serve notice on your employee?

Allegedly. And if that's innocence expressing itself, then you're a model citizen of a state where there's no accountability for state bodies nor is there any transparency. Sometimes it seems to me that citizens are deserving of the governance that they have at some stage endorsed.

Why wouldn't they engage with him ? are you saying they shouldn't do their jobs because he spouts nonsense every time he is brought before the courts ?
    in reality id say he is treated with as much good humor as possible , until he started hurting gardai that is.

you have no idea how why or even if she was fired . just the ranting of some one who cant even keep his own delusions straight ie the warrant that he alleged didnt exist

convicted of one count after a district and circuit court trial and judicial review hearing of harassment. the other matters are still before the courts but he seems to have already admitted to hit and run

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bid-to-quash-harassment-conviction-turned-down-26001667.html

I've watched both his videos and there are many inaccuaracies in his understanding of the legal system and legislation in general. Both he and his wife claim to have gotten legal advice but the advice they get seems to be completely wrong. His claims about forged signatures are based on some incorrect assumption he has about the kind of paper that was used. He has not produced one iota of proof or motive for a national conspiracy against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

He and his current partner were arrested again a few weeks back:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

You might want to watch it first

I imagine a bad case of karpal tunnel or you're a very minor out of control civil servant

Why wouldn't they engage with him ? are you saying they shouldn't do their jobs
    No. I'm asking a question....Is it not highly coincidental that someone that has claimed ongoing sustained abuse (in it's various forms) at the hands of gardai - originally local - but now national) - in which a number of those processes are very fresh (as in within hours of him being stopped) and ongoing - that he was stopped for ...whatever they are now going to put this down to now??
    It's not a 20 year old boy racer we're talking about. It's a grown man - who was in the middle of town - so he could hardly rack up serious speed. Furthermore, when he told them he wasn't playing along with yet another episode of abuse, he told them so - proceeded to drive and stopped at the red traffic light that was up ahead....at which point, they started flailling his car with battons.
    because he spouts nonsense every time he is brought before the courts ?
    Nonsense - that's YOUR opinion - there is a growing body of people that know better!
    in reality id say he is treated with as much good humor as possible
    You should be ashamed of yourself - as should others on this thread. Hang your heads in shame. If you are going to denigrate this man's character - a man who has been through - and continues to go through hell - you might investigate the FACTS beforehand.
    You know, Frank McBrearty's kids were bullied and treated badly by locals - until he FINALLY got justice. Are you part of this mob - because that's exactly what's going on here.
    mynamejeff wrote:
    you have no idea how why or even if she was fired .
    Yes, I do. And so should you - if you're going to belittle someone and suggest blatantly that they have mental issues, you should be on firm ground when doing so. LINK
    mynamejeff wrote:
    just the ranting of some one who cant even keep his own delusions straight ie the warrant that he alleged didnt exist
    That's an untruth.
    mynamejeff wrote:
    convicted of one count after a district and circuit court trial and judicial review hearing of harassment.
    Yes, and they wanted to do Frank McBrearty for murder/manslaughter. They wanted to do Ian Bailey for murder. I served on a jury recently where a jury member told us he had a 1st cousin wrongly convicted (with the decision later overturned). The point is that there is a lack of transparency and accountability in all mechanisms of state - but particularly, the gardai, the courts service and the legal 'profession'.
    mynamejeff wrote:
    he seems to have already admitted to hit and run
    Well, we have not heard from him - himself on that. However, it's useful that you articulate this completely out of context. i.e. gardai were flailing battons at his car at the time.
    His claims about forged signatures are based on some incorrect assumption he has about the kind of paper that was used. He has not produced one iota of proof or motive for a national conspiracy against him.
    My understanding is that he had an independent expert lined up to give evidence with regard to that matter - but the courts would not afford him the opportunity of producing that witness!
    obezyana wrote:
    If all of this is true and it all started over a woman she must of been some looker. Any chance of a picture of her so we can all be the judge of whether he deserved the harassment or not?????
    Sure - I take the point that it doesn't seem to add up at first glance (I was a sceptic myself on hearing the nuts and bolts of it originally - and I'm still unclear as to how this went down in earlier years). However, the deal is that he himself is not the 'mark' in more recent times. He himself is not really the 'mark' for the attention from Dublin. By all accounts, it's his involvement with Integrity Ireland that is bringing the heat down on him. One of the reasons given for the raid was that I.I. is a 'threat to the state'! lol:D
    The materials that were confiscated were done so with the purpose of seizing materials related to I.I. When he and his partner were arrested and questioned the other week, the question had to be asked continually, was it J.D. that was being investigated or I.I.

I.I. are asking the hard questions of the Judiciary, the courts service, the legal profession and the gardai. They are also putting a candidate forward in the forthcoming election (should he be selected as part of the '1st Independent Mayo' initiative). No doubt, all of this has not escaped the notice of the powers that be in Castlebar Dublin :-)

My understanding is that he had an independent expert lined up to give evidence with regard to that matter - but the courts would not afford him the opportunity of producing that witness!

His expert said it was his signature. His smoking gun was about indentations in the paper. Mr Doocey claimed that statements are taken on individual sheets and filed so indentations proved that all the statements had come from the same copy pad and this was evidence of them being doctored. In reality, all this means is that the Garda taking statements put the completed sheets underneath the fresh ones as he was taking the statement.

His expert said it was his signature. His smoking gun was about indentations in the paper. Mr Doocey claimed that statements are taken on individual sheets and filed so indentations proved that all the statements had come from the same copy pad and this was evidence of them being doctored. In reality, all this means is that the Garda taking statements put the completed sheets underneath the fresh ones as he was taking the statement.
    All I know is that he had an expert witness ready to take the stand but wasn;t given the opportunity.

In the meantime, it transpires that Mr. Doocey's partner was stopped by Gardai in Wicklow today - for 'driving erratically'.

Are they both such a danger to society behind the wheel now? How much coincidence do we need here? Wake up and smell the coffee!

• Advertisement

All I know is that he had an expert witness ready to take the stand but wasn;t given the opportunity.

In the meantime, it transpires that Mr. Doocey's partner was stopped by Gardai in Wicklow today - for 'driving erratically'.

Are they both such a danger to society behind the wheel now? How much coincidence do we need here? Wake up and smell the coffee!

his experts testimony was irrelevant. It didn't prove anything that was or ever has been disputed. He was trying to use the expert to prove a different point to what the expert was stating. I'll give you a similar example. Let's say Doocey claimed he was only given two meals during the day. He then gets a nutrition expert in to say a person should get three meals a day. He rests his case. His expert testimony isn't disputed. It's his claim that he only got two meals that is disputed and his expert cannot contribute to proving this claim at all.

I have to ask, why would you think Gardaí in Wicklow even know about Mr Doocey, never mind be able to recognise his partners car and be willing to pull it over for some bogey reason? You ask if he is a danger behind the wheel. I would think the incident where he hit another car and ran into a Garda would be fairly good evidence that he is a danger. If he is mixing with the Freeman crowd he probably doesn't have tax or insurance either.

I'd love to here some reasonable explanation as to why the entire Garda organisation and Judicial bench are supposed to be conspiring against this guy. To date the only motivation he has suggested is that he once dated a woman after a Garda broke up with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement